“The stay at Royal Amsterdame was great looking foward to the return.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Royal Amsterdam

Hotel Royal Amsterdam
Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Geraldton, Australia
“The stay at Royal Amsterdame was great looking foward to the return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed in the best room Jacuzzi suite which was great and also had a look at other rooms which were very nice also. Found all of the staff were very professional in there tasks especially Jane very lovely lady? They also provide laundry service which I found very good and quick. The Hotel very good location in the middle of Walking Street, every thing walking distance. I will be returning to Angeles City and the Royal Amsterdam will be my stay, you won't be disappointed if you stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Roger452

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

stayed at this hotel sometime in july 2011 for some days. the service is good, especially those people at the reception, who were excellent and friendly.

stayed the first night at the standard room on the ground floor, which is rather small, but the rooms on the first floor was much bigger and better.

1 Thank divs73
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We have been to Angeles City 3 times now and every time we go there, Hotel Royal Amsterdam is always our first choice. Very comfortable rooms with affordable rates. Friendly customer service consultants and ever helpful receptionists. Looking forward to another good trip there. Never regretted our stay at the HRA.

Room Tip: Economy deluxe and Superior rooms are good choices for travelers lookng at average rates
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sharman3
Ipoh, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

The best experience of my stay at HRA is mainly related to the management and staff; Excellent hospitality, friendly and willing to assist - my credit goes to the front desk girls and the two Kuya (bro) at the main door, always there to give us a hand. The Security is very good. Furthermore HRA is right on Fields Avenue which is Convenient for food and drinks. Rooms are very clean and kept at top notch quality. I had recommended to friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Get the fourth floor – good view & quite
1 Thank taiping7
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have continued to stay here in all my trips from 2009 till date. The hotel keeps maintaining good service, great rooms ( clean and hygenic), good reception, good pick-up and drop off services and excellent security + Free wifi internet. I have visited many others hotels in the vicinity but non are comparable to Royal Amsterdam,for the cost and value it provides. This hotels stays my First Choise and i have been a repeat and happy customers since i first stayed there. It has never failed me till date and keeps impressing me on each and every visit i do to Angeles. Hats off to the managment and employees for always making me feel at home. I will still mainatin, best establishment in Angeles and best in class. Stay with them to believe it.

Daly City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here on a recent trip to the Philippines. I found it a nice hotel but, there are a couple of better options while in Angeles City.

Location: In the HEART of the nightlife and Fields Avenue. It's a great location if you want to be swarmed by AC nightlife and clubs the minute you step out of your hotel. I prefer a more quiet and relaxed location. Pacific Breeze, ABC, Savannah and Lewis Grand hotels are a couple that come to mind.

Service: The one constant thing in the Philippines is that the customer service has always been exceptional. The front desk was helpful and friendly. House keeping did an excellent job of keeping my room clean.

Restaurant: The restaurant inside of the hotel was exceptional. Prices were higher than most places but, it was well worth the price.

Accommodations: Nice and clean but, a little dated.

Internet: Wifi was slow but, that's pretty standard in the Philippines. In room internet was fast when compared to the wifi.

A couple of notes you might want to consider while staying at this hotel. There is no elevator. You have to walk up flights of stairs to get to your room. That's not a bad thing but, after a night of bar hopping and drinking the last thing I wanted to do was walk up several flights of stairs to get to my room.
If you plan on going to any bars further up Fields or going to the mall your only option is taking a trike. Other hotels for similar price point provide free courtesy vans to take you to the bars or malls.
I also would have loved a swimming pool but, that is not available at this hotel. Maybe I was just spoiled by the pools at the Lewis Grand & ABC hotels. I found that hanging out at a swimming pool is a great way to kill some time and unwind.

Would I stay here again? Yes. Would it be my first choice when in Angeles City? I would have to put it as my third option behind the Angels Beach Club and Lewis Grand. Great location for newbies to Angeles .

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was first referred to this hotel in 2006 by a friend who had stayed there. I visited at that time and have made many return visits to this hotel (only one time I didn't stay because they were booked up and I was making a last minute trip...but did manage to stay there my very last night). On that one occasion where I couldn't get booked I dealt with alot of other hotels and the Royal Amsterdam was hands down so much better when it came to timeliness of returned emails and info on confirmation requests. The customer service via web and phone was only surpassed by the customer service in person. Everything has always been handled professionally and timely from the always on time airport pickups/drop offs both in Manila and Clark down to the simple requests for items concerning my room.

I've stayed in a few different levels of the rooms and they are always clean and the maid service is excellent. The mini bar, 24 hour full menu room service, in room safe and carpeted flooring make this hotel a must in my book. As I mentioned the room service menu, they have a Steak House restauraunt right on the premises serving a vast array of items from their menu. It is very convienient on those rainy days to not have to weather the storm to go out and find somewhere to eat because the restaurant is right there on the first floor...awesome!

Location, location, location....if you are coming to enjoy the bar/club scene this hotel is centrally located amongst many many bars/clubs and are all within easy walking distance (with some being literally a stones throw away).

I always love the customer service with this hotel from the drivers to the bell hops to the front desk to the waitresses always first class service. On a scale from 1-100 I would give this hotel a 95. I do have one negative thing to report (which may not matter to some). The laundry service is great and is always returned timely but a couple of times when I opted for the "ironing" of my clothes they were not returned as crisp as I would like. And as I mentioned this may not matter to some but I'm just picky about ironing.

Overall I give this hotel an excellent rating and look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo