“A great new hotel I'd like to come back to!”

Queens Hotel Angeles City
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Was staying in Queens Hotel for about a week in a superior deluxe room. Hotel was then only 6 month old and was very new and modern. Room was clean, big enough and I loved the sofa in the room. The aircon was quiet and effective and correctly placed in the room. The windows was good isolated as there was absolutely no noice at all from the streets outside coming in. There was a big flatscreen TV with over 100 channels and a DVD player was also available in the room. Bathroom had a big shower and very nice amenities and good towels. Bed was a bit hard though, but when I mentioned it I was offered to put an extra top mattress on top to make a "soft bed". That made it much better.

The Italian restaurant "Piccolo Padre" (outsourced from the hotel) had great food and very well trained staff. Some of the items was a bit pricy though. And I missed some more snacks and comfort food available as we spent most of the days at the terrace pool side and the restaurant was servicing this part of the hotel. Kids visiting wanted french fries, witch was not offered at all! One thing I got really tired of was that one CD of Italian operas and aries that played again and again every day. I still have "Volare" singing in my head a week after! Hope next time they will play a radio channel or some random music at least.

Hotel policy is to ask the front desk/ management if you want family and/or friends over for a swim. This was never a problem. Had friends with kids over almost every day for a swim and all my requests was always granted. I only had to pay 50p for rental of towel witch is acceptable. Very friendly manager and owner that came by outside almost every day to ask if everything was ok. Great follow-up I never before experienced in this town.

The hotel also had a great campaign going on with 10-15-20-25% discount after how many days you stayed at the hotel. They also arranged my transport to and from Manila and it was reasonable priced compared to other hotels in town. Cars used was SUV's and very comfortable.

In the end of April the hotel are going to open an bar/lounge at the top floor. Got a sneak peak into that and it looked great. It is defiantly going to be one of the best bars in Angeles. With an out door area with great view over the city. Must be a perfect spot for new years eve party!

Conclusion: Queens would absolutely be my preferred hotel for my next visit to this town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ErlingSt

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was my second time to stay at this hotel. The first time was with my hubby just a month ago. We booked a Superior Deluxe and stayed for 2 nights. Nothing to rave about.really The room was smaller than I expected. There wasn't even free breakfast. Wi-fi signal was intermittent but the staff were kind enough to move the router to our room. What did catch my attention was the lovely pool. I promised myself I'd come back with my kids for swimming. I booked an overnight stay for me and my kids (16 and 9) and myself this April. Upon reaching the hotel, I was told that only children 6 years old below could stay for free. I was advised to book another room which was unreasonable since I live in the city and we were only there for the swimming. Since getting another room was out of the question, I ended up asking my son to go home right after dinner. The manager said the three of us could use the pool as much as we wanted to. My son was too disappointed to even consider enjoying the pool. What we had planned to be a perfect family bonding moment with my kids turned out to be such a disappointment.
On a more positive note, I loved the economy room more than the superior deluxe. The bed was big but a bit hard. The shower was spotless. The male staff were very nice. The female staff tended to be more accommodating towards male guests (lol). I should commend the restaurant for having such an excellent staff though the food was too pricey. The serenity of the surroundings and the nice ambience at the restaurant was something I did enjoy.

Room Tip: Economy rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Anna G
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful but if you bring unregistered guests (mother in law, brother , etc ). They are not welcome except to eat. We were told that we are not allowed to have guests swim at the pool even though they all ate very expensive meals. The orchid hotel is a better choice for a friendly hotel. If you partake in bringing your girlfriend and she is not registered she will not be allowed. The hotel itself is very nice and beautiful

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank 801stevenp
QueensAC2013, Manager at Queens Hotel Angeles City, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

As Hotel Manager of the QUEENS Hotel I feel really obliged to answer to our guest’s comments, as each situation has two sides.
We are very well guest friendly, or shall I better say, “ guest protective “, meaning that we want to shield our house guests from the outside, as our pool, located in a lush garden is not designed from its size to accommodate outsiders. And the comfort and peace of our house guests must have absolutely priority. That’s why we have pool regulations in order to limit the amount of potential outside pool patrons.
The patronage of the Restaurant does not automatically give the right to pool access as the restaurant is leased out. And the hotel management is therefore not responsible for the price structure, nor for the menu composition.
Of course we welcome a girlfriend from a registered guests to take part at our pool activities. In particular those ladies who have been granted access to the guest’s room. But of course not their friends or distant relatives.
Hotel Manager
QUEENS HOTEL

Reviewed March 13, 2014

It was the first time I visited this hotel and it is a brand new hotel,
It is a large room, good TV, good internet, in my opinion, the bed was too hard, but it's investigating strange
There is a really nice swimmingpool.
The entire hotel is in very good, and a very nice staff.
Definitely a place I will come again
Can be recommended

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ptrholm
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a really great hotel. There’s a small group of us working in the Clark Freeport Zone and we’ll be here for a few months. We needed a hotel that could cater for the business traveller, professionally managed, clean and offering good food. This fits the bill perfectly. Anyone with knowledge of Angeles City will understand what I mean when I say It’s an ‘unexpected delight’ in this part of the City. It’s not like any other hotel in the area, and as a western woman I feel comfortable here. The management and staff are all very helpful and accommodating and any special requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently and without any fuss.

The outside space around the pool area is a great place to relax in the evenings and feels like a different world to the area immediately surrounding the hotel. It’s close to the main Angeles nightlife but the rooms are quiet at night - we have rooms at the back overlooking the pool. The gym is also excellent and spacious with a good selection of modern equipment. SM Mall is only a short walk away and there’s a plentiful choice of places to eat nearby or a short trike or jeepney ride away. However, what’s even better is that the Hotel is home to the best restaurant in town, Piccolo Padre. A superb place to eat Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. The quality of food and service is top class and the prices reasonable, not the cheapest in town but represents very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jayne S
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great hotel. Great staff and ownership. Great location. My wife and I enjoyed our stay very much.
I enjoyed the pool. My wife enjoyed the work-out room. We will stay there again on our next visit to AC.

Room Tip: Take a balcony room overlooking the pool................nice views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed February 8, 2014

It was my first visit to The Phillipines and I did not like my first accomodation. I stumbled across Queens and was delightfully surprised. I met a couple people staying at two hotels with great reps but decided to stay at Queens. They have a gym and an internet room which sold me on the place.Very, very nice staff. Friendly and helpful. The room was nice, good bathroom, good view, nice bed. Well stocked fridge. It will be my hotel of choice next time I visit.

Room Tip: pay in cash and get a nice discount.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo