“What a great value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Planet Angeles City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Planet Angeles City
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
“What a great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is at the end of the strip ( nice and quiet !)but the taxis come quickly outside the hotel to take you downtown to fields ave and all the action.
Hotel is super clean! Staff very accommodating! 2 clean towels a day!
There is also a travel agency downstairs for all your travel needs.
Also there is a 7-11 2 stores down for all your partying /hygiene needs.
At night don't forget Chris the man next to 7-11 making fresh chickens to eat. He has the best spit chicken ! His marinade is awsome.

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Costumeman1989
Dominic R, General Manager at Red Planet Angeles City, responded to this review, October 15, 2014

Warmest Greetings from Tune Hotel Angeles City!

Thanking you on your great review. I felt a rewarding feeling learning that you had a very satisfactory stay. Our goal is to deliver excellence at all times. Assuring you that it will be the same experience you will have on your next visit.

Surely I will let Chris know that you enjoyed his fresh chicken.

i am looking forward to see you real soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked my room at a "heavily" discounted price through my booking app several hours before arriving at the hotel. Extras are usually selected at a cost, but all extras were included with my booking using my Booking account app. One of the few problems I had was that the hotel did not receive my booking confirmation. The front desk (located on the 2nd floor) was gracious enough to let me use the PC in their lobby to show my confirmation documentation. The rep simply left her desk, jotted down the information she needed from my form and completed my check in. That is a gratefull testimate to the front desk flexibility to resolve an otherwise awkward situation.

Access to the floor and my room was by elevator with the use of a key card. The space Upon entering the small room was offset to the left of the walking area. On the wall is a thermostat controller where you can adjust the A/C temp. The "Do not Disturb" button is there as well. The first space to the left is the bathroom/shower with a clear, glass door that swings both in and out. Facing the restroom there is the sink, Directly across from the door is the toilet (standard western style). on the left side is the shower area that is large enough for a full size western adult, With hot water.

Past the restroom to the left is the space containing the twin beds with an electronic safe between the beds against the wall. the beds were very comfortable. On the left wall is a fold down counter along with an outlet to the right of the counter. There is a safe between the twin beds with a digital lock that used a 4 digit combination that you choose and enter. The back wall is the A/C unit that is controlled by the thermostat that I mentioned earlier, The A/C (along with the lights) can also be turned off via a wall switch next to the head of the bed. On the right side of the walking space, across from the foot of the bed is the desk. Next to that is the wall mounted LCD TV, and next to that is a cabinet to store clothing and other items.

The tune Hotel is best known as a "frills" optional place to stay for the budget minded, so not much is offered as beyond the room necessities, however, the hotels are generally at locations where you can purchase any extra items and/or snacks.

My time at the Tune Hotel Angeles City was very comfortable and I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Use a booking site to get a discounted price during the weekend.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Lamorn M
Dominic R, General Manager at Red Planet Angeles City, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Tune HOtel Angeles City!

I was overhelmed with your comprehensive review of our hotel. It was a delight to learned that you had a very satisfactory stay. This truly proves that we are on track in delivering excellence in cleanliness and service. Rest assured that we will keep progressing to beat excellence at all times.

I just missed to meet you during your stay nonetheless I am very much looking forward to have you again the nearest time possible.

See you.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I like this hotel, it clean, the staff are nice.A travel agency is in the lobby to help you find places of interest and can book you. Good place to start when looking for ideas and places to see. SM mall is within walking or a cheep jeepny ride for 8php. You will find plenty to do at this mall. Great home base!
The room rate you book for seems to change daily and always cost more …every time? The hotel staff is either misinformed or…..the staff claim they have the best rate and i would rather extend throughout the hotel. Every time it has been cheeper on line. The rooms are very small and i would prefer doing computer work from a chair instead of the bed. Clean and safe sum it up.

Room Tip: high up would eliminate street noise i guess,noise hasn't been a problem in the past though
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike L

Warmest Greetings from Tune Hotel Angeles City!

I truly value the review you made for our hotel. It brought a significant impact for all the staffs. This will drive us more to better the work all the time. Assuring you that we will keep our promise to deliver the highest excellence in service.

Looking forward to see you soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Like all Tune Hotels .. there is nothing bad that can be said about the rooms except I wish there was some place to sit other than on the bed. This hotel in this city isn't very conviently located as far as food goes .. There is only one fast food place within walking distance .. Jollibee .. which isn't bad .. and they have delivery service from McDonalds :) There is a restaurant right next door but it's fine dining ... meaning it's a little on the expensive side for someone like me .. a cheap Charlie. They do make a very good American cup of coffee however in the mornings for 90 peso's (about $2.00) and there are no free refills .. Breakfast there will run you close to 300 peso's in addition to the coffee .. (about 7.00) .. dinner can easily run 600 pesos per person .. But like I said .. I'm a cheap charlie .. :) as I back pack my way around the Philippines.

The biggest problem for me was the city itself .. It's a city of vices. If you don't drink and like prostitutes .. I could NO reason for ever going there again .. I'm sorry .. but I just don't care for the atmosphere of the entire city .. which is NOT an indictment against the Tune Hotel. The hotel did everything they promised .. but I found the service personnel at the front desk just not up to the same level of welcomeness as I have found at other Tune Hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Keyboardtravel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here overnight and was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms. It was a bit small but it served the purpose: to provide a clean, safe and reasonably-priced room to sleep in. Breakfast is not provided but they have an excellent 24-hour restaurant at ground level which serves really good food. Highly recommended for transit guests within the area on business meetings.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rus R

Warmest Greetings from Tune Hotel Angeles City!

Thanking you dearly for a positive review you made for our hotel. So delighted to learn that you had a satisfactory stay with us.

I am hoping in welcoming you real soon.

Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Started my trip to the Philippines by visiting the local Tune in my town of Pattaya, Thailand.
I was attracted to the newness, the staff, the location and other reviews.
Rooms were small but compact and all needed accesorries were provided. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim B

Warmest Greetings from Tune Hotel Angeles City!

My sincere appreciation on your positive review of our hotel. Our aim is to deliver excellence in cleanliness and service which I am delighted that you had experience the quality of service you during your stay.

By chance, I would love to meet you on your next visit.

See you real soon.

Best regrads,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night before our flight from D. Macapagal International Airport.

I had planned on booking through Agoda, but didn't have enough time so decided to just walk-in. This turned out for the better as we got the rooms for a cheaper price than was advertised at the website.

Check in was a breeze and the staff was very helpful. They even showed us a "showroom" just so we know what the rooms look like.

The rooms are small but clean and comfortable, great A/C and flat screen TV with Cable TV. Free wi-fi is available in the rooms and around the hotel.

There are no phones inside the rooms, but you can find a service phone near the elevators at every floor. So no room service. But there is a restaurant on the ground floor where you can get 10% discount and have them bring your order up to your room.

Tune Hotel is very convenient - it is 20-25 minutes drive to Duty Free Shopping (Puregold and other places) and 10-15 minutes to the airport. Hotel staff was very helpful on giving us directions.

Parking is an issue, they have a few spaces in front of the hotel, street parking at the side and also across the hotel. But the staff are very helpful and assured us that there is always a guard. But just in case we opted to make sure that we park in full view of the hotel staff (in front of the front door).

What I like most in this hotel is the international plug wall socket. I didn't have to take out my adaptors! For those with gadgets in various international plugs this is a really amazing idea.

This is a great value for money hotel, specially if you are not staying long. But it is not advisable for long-stay vacations and small children.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelbugcatcher
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings for Tune Hotel Angeles City!

This is truly a lovely and comprehensive review to our hotel. With this,my sincere appreciation of you taking time to leave a motivating feedback. Rest assured that excellence is our top most priority.

I am hoping that we can meet on your next visit.