“Simple, Elegant”

Ranked #1 of 94 Angeles City B&B and Inns
Angeles City, Philippines
“Simple, Elegant”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My Fiancee and I booked superior room for a 2-night stay here. Took about 15 minutes passed check in time before we actually got a room but the had the initiative of giving us the wifi password while we wait. A bellhop escorted us to room 309, our room. Elevator was cool, literally. Room was clean and decent. The bellhop made sure everything was working well, he even changed the batteries of the remote of the air condition for us. The TV had 20 channels, the quality wasn't good but it was bearable. The kettle was dirty. The safe was working fine. There weren't any bedroom slippers. We only had 1 chair inside the room.

Food was great, taste-wise and presentation-wise, I favored the mashed potatoes and the chocolate shake, hehe. The ham and cheese omelet was just ham and cheese... and the egg...

Only complaint was the door of the restroom won't lock and the shower curtain was short, so the outside of the shower area gets wet when you shower.

The freezer in the fridge worked perfectly, it was the first time that my Fiancee and I saw the sub-zero drink effect, where you shake the bottle and the inside gradually turns to ice. Sorry, off topic.

Overall, it was a great experience. The comforts of this place have definitely won our hearts to come back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lahz Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My name is Ram - I stayed with my friends at this hotel for 5 nights and staff are very good & kind. We have taken 4 standard rooms all were maintained very clean. It's cheap, we only paid PHP. 1350 for Standard room.
There's lots of 24hrs convenient stores nearby and Jollibee and SM Mall etc.I had suggested to the manager some minor alterations for bath rooms and toilets hope they will attend to it. In a nut shell the hotel is excellent by all means. Only problem is the construction activity adjacent to this hotel trouble our sleep especially during day time hope now it is opened. Next time I will stay in this hotel only and recommend all my friends as well. I indeedlike that Hi Sirrrrrrrrr.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ramreddier
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just come back, at the time we were there they opened a restaurant on the top floor of the hotel as they just opened the menu if limited but I'm sure with time it will grow as it's on the balcony there is no Air Con. So when there is no breeze it's a little un comfy do dine.
Housekeeping will not clean your room unless you hang the sign outside, all the thing in the room cast a lot so better not use or bring your own with you, not so far down the rood there is a laundry place 24 hours you can get back what you give – cheap and fast.
Front desk girls are very friendly and will help you with all your needs, car from and back to the Air port is 400 PHP (Taxi is 500) one way and can charge your room, ask the doorman about the weather before getting out to know if umbrella is needed.
All and all worth your maney.

Room Tip: The construction on the new Eurotel next door are almost done as the hotel is open, the best rooms a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adam_Hant
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wes stayed at this hotel for 1 night only. Our flight is very early in the next morning.
Room is small but clean. It's cheap which we only paid PHP. 1350 ($41) for Standard room. Room doesn't come with chairs.

There's lots of 24hrs convenient stores nearby and jollibee. Beware of the kids beggar nearby hotel, they can be quite aggressive. Generally, you just need to stay alert all the time.

10 mins drive to the airport. (PHP. 400 only)

*Hair dryer can be requested via operator.

Room Tip: Get at least Superior Room (Php. 1,500.00). It comes with side table + 2 Chairs. Standard room does...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank winni3
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our stay at Devera was just average. The area around the hotel in incredibly sleazy so it is not recommended for families. We booked a superior room but frankly there was nothing superior about the room. The room was fairly small although it had a nice flat screen television and a rainwater type shower head. The bathroom was on the smal side and the towels were threadbare. It was okay for the price but nothing special.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Decided to give it a try on this hotel after reading the review here. Arrived @ 2am plus morning after the taxi driver given us a round of tour around the happening area here.
Smooth check in at 2am plus. The reception greeted us with a morning smile.
I was given a room at 4th Floor non smoking room as I requested. The toilet is quite small and i noticed a broken toilet tank lid upon check it. Maybe the maintenance guys overlooked, it was changed on the very next morning.
Currently the building next to the hotel is on construction and I was given a room just next to the building in construction. The noise from the construction were pounding from 7am till 10pm at nite. I requested for a change of room to a much more quite corner on the very next day. Well the reception said they will look into matter and will let me know. I'm quite dissappointed when the reception did not come back to me on ths matter until i check out on the fifth day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Admsup
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My experience at this hotel has been terrible and I would not recommend it to anyone!

First of all, our "upgraded" deluxe room had a terrible smell... This probably wasn't helped by the fact that the single "window" in the room didn't actually open to the outside, but rather to a boxed in, smelly central corridor...

Upon checking in, I found that the bathroom had not been properly cleaned, did not have any towels, and had the previous guests' used shampoo and soap left in the shower...

Also, upon checking in, I was informed that I would have to switch rooms after the first night, even though my reservation was for three nights. Accordingly, we re packed our things after the first night and hauled everything down to the lobby before heading out for the day. When we returned later in the day, we were informed that we were not actually changing rooms and that we could return to our original room! When we got back to our room, we found that it hadn't even been cleaned, even though we were out for over 8 hours! For this inconvenience, we were offered little more than a "sorry, sir"

In addition to all of this, while the hotel is new and looks good, it seems to be quite cheaply built... Noise from the hallways can be heard clear as day in the rooms, not to mention the noise of the construction from the new hotel next door!

There are much better options, in my opinion, when looking for a place in AC. Avoid!

• Stayed February 2013