“sbb1417”

Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Hong Kong
“sbb1417”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Agree with deeen's comments in previous review. Can recommend this property highly. Staff, service, meals - were all of a high standard. Plus the location means you can walk to the restaurants and bars 5 mins away. Close to shops and a good gym facility (fitness connection). Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sbb1417

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Second time here, nice to be remembered from last November, great service! Nice buffet breakfast and dinner included. Nice room, not that big but recently refitted properly with modern bathroom and shower, very clean. No view, window just looks into the next room, so we kept the curtains closed. Less than 5 mins walk from Fields Ave so very convenient but escapes most of the noise. Walk the other way and you are on "Highway" with local bars and restaurants but not the extreme "nightlife" of Fields. Supermarket and all local services a short walk. Jeeps to SM city at Clark main gate and Dau Bus Terminal. Hotel pool is decent size but actually in the next building, and the gym was closed when we stayed - not advertised correctly in Agoda. We would definately stay again!

Room Tip: Get a refurbished room, ask for a view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deeen
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel is in a very secure location on the grounds of the casino. The hotel was recently remodeled and very clean. Staff was very nice and helpful. I gave it a 3 in comparison to what you would expect in other locations, but its probably a 4 or even 5 compared to other hotels in this area and for not much more money. Despite having a deluxe room, my window faced directly into a wall and into another room across from me. If we both had our curtains open we could watch each others televisions! The outside was also nicely furnished with A/C compressors, but at least your could not hear them. They are new and that may change over time. The toiletries were worse than you may get in a budget hotel. The soap severely dried my skin and shampoo made y hair feel like wires. I am no metrosexual, but i can tell the difference between good, great and crap! The dinner buffet was quite extensive and tasty. It is included in some rates or 399 pesos so not a bad value, however they lack an experienced person to plan the menu. The night that I tried it they had roasted pork belly, blackened catfish (really just fried), a taco station, turkey carving station, roasted chicken, meatloaf, rice, twice baked potatoes and a desert station. Did you notice something missing? Vegetables! Not a single one! I am not a vegetarian, but I am pro balanced diet and try to get healthy doses of fiber! why did they have chicken and turkey both? When I asked about vegetables they told me potato was a vegetable :/ Would I stay there again yes, but now that I have been to this area before and know what else is available I would also consider other options, but if its your first time and not sure what to expect elsewhere and can handle the price, then its not bad. Also, I forgot to mention that they did not sweep the floor each day when cleaning my room and after a few days it started to get some sand and dirt. This is not good considering the surroundings

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mattman808
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in early August, and even though it was ok. I wont go back there again. The hotel is located behind a casino, an ideal location if you like to gamble. The bars and resturaunts on fields avenue are only a short walk away.

My checkin was smooth and without hassle, I always book hotels online and have never had a problem checking in. I was shown to my room which was on the ground floor in the new wing of the hotel. The room decor was attractive, the flat screen TV worked well and the bathroom was huge with ample hot water, so there was no complaints.

I did have a problem when it came to using the WiFi connection, I was provided with a password and there was no problem connecting, it justnt wouldnt work, the only place I could get an internet connection was in the reception area of the hotel.

The hotel provides breakfast, this was adequate however it lacked variety, I was there 3 days and breakfast was the same each day.

There was nothing wrong with the hotel and you can see from my rating ( I rated it highly), there was just something about it that i found unattractive, it might have been the ambiance, the location, the fact that it was located behind a casino I dont know. You make up your own mind.

Room Tip: If like me you are a Gym Junkie there is a great gym across the road from the hotel, Fitness Connect...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lwn320
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 16, 2011

i didn't notice that there is a hotel when you pass the casino.and i found out that this hotel is good. their staffs are nice, the ambiance. the food in the restaurant is good. Some of the bars are walking distance. actually when you want to go to walking street, you don't need to ride a jeepney all you need to do is to walk..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank cassie d
Canton, Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I extended my stay here 2 times after the initial reservation. My room was nice and looked newly renovated. Everything was comfortable. There is a nice flat screen TV in the rooms, modern safe and refrigerator.

I had a great housekeeper who really took care of me including making sure my laundry was done quickly. The bellman were always there if you needed something. They asked me many times if I needed anything. The manager Allan really seemed to care about your comfort.

The only downside for me was my room window did not have a view and soundproofing is minimal. The great service from the employees made up for that. Overall I like this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in back of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RandUSA
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My check-in was fast and door / front desk personnel were very friendly. My superior room had been renovated - the decor was very cozy. The room had very nice up to date furniture, comfortable bed and the shower worked very well “Hot Water with good pressure.” Friendly Housekeeping - kept my room clean. Free room WIFI was fast – better than my other hotel stay in Manila. Free Breakfast was Asian style; which was OK for me. Hotel located a few blocks from the Bar scene and noise, which made for an interest walks to / from the Walking Street area; 2 min walk.
GREAT Deal for the Money, Excellent Service; would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo