“Value for money, yes!”

Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Angeles City
Cebu City, Philippines
“Value for money, yes!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was expecting for a good quality hotel as it names an international, but I was shocked when we got the room. The room is too big enough for two person, They put us on a smoker friendly room, but we're no smokers and when we try to change our room, they answer us no other rooms available. So okay we don't have choice then we take the risk since all other hotels we've tried are fully booked too. But horrible happens on the next day, we are awaken by a lot of noise came from the outside doing the construction.People shouting, pimping and so other bad morning calls. the bathroom is horrible, toiletries are disgusting. Cleanliness is poor.

Room Tip: Never rush on a peak season.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank z4ndr3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I almost want to recommend this place just because of the lobby! The rooms are big, if not exactly spotlessly clean. Overall, I think this place is a pretty good value given the price. Oh, and there's a pool!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RLO721
cebu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Large rooms, good internet, really nice staff, good restaurant, nice pool, 1150 pesos standard room. Plumbing is really slow in some rooms. Walking distance to SM mall and all the nightlife so no crooked trike drivers to overcharge you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

All the reviews I read are..SPOT ON, but I needed to add something that has been overlooked. Many newer hotels are available for the same price, but this hotel is within walking distance of where you want to be. You save on transportation, so it comes out as a smart choice for the frugal minded traveller. Yes, the big pool and handy restaurant is also a benefit, but you will not impress your family or friends, as the dim lights, funky facade and mediocre service will belie that. However, you will find yourself in the company the typical single man on a modest budget looking for action in Angeles. Lots of gals coming and going and its fun to watch the pool area. Large mirrors over the beds and enough room to stretch out on the king size bed will appeal to that crowd. The room is big enough for several people to come visit you.... Not bad..not good, just what it is. Families might be more comfortable elsewheres. I forgot to add....check your doorknob. One wiggle, and my lock fails. I did not even need the key. I can bet that a good jiggle and push will open almost any room. I warned the staff that if hotel items were missing, they would not be reimbursed by me. lol

Room Tip: check the door knob and stay off the first floor. construction and pool noise. pick the 2nd or 3rd f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Pemaquid Lake, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

haven't stayed there yet, but checked it out while barhopping on Fields Avenue...I was staying in the Ponderosa Hotel last May and the room I was showed was MUCH nicer than what I had at the Ponderosa for the same price, about $30USD per day...and the pool looked much better and cleaner!...gonna stay at the America in September...MaineJack

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MaineJack69
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I came to Angeles on March 4, 2012 to pick up my Fiancee and daughter and we stayed here 3 nights. I know it is a little run down but it was ok and regardless of what some people say I thought the food was very good. I could go down at 4 A.M. and have breakfast and the staff was always very nice . I do not speak Tagalog so it was nice that everyone there spoke english.We were close to everything including the S.M. Mall that was just across the street.We could stay somewhere more expensive but we think this hotel was just fine. We will be visiting family again next year and we will be staying at this hotel. I suggest if possible to take your own towels as we were charged $6. a piece for 2 towels because they were dirty which was caused by the floors and not anything to do with us.The towels were completely worn out so maybe they needed the money to buy some more.Still all in all I very much enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side by the street on the second floor but I liked it very much as I could see all...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tometucker
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Was there 2 weeks ago and struck up a good deal with a room rate. 1) rooms good value.. Very large room for the price, has a bathtub that you can soak in, just fill it before your honey ko can see the plaster fill-ins. 2) Average food 90% Asian.... Restaurant is very nice looking just have to know what to order there because the choice (variety and taste) isn't that good, well there's plenty on the menu, but not too much could tempt me. Couldn't even get one dish with mashed potato or gravy. If you are with a wife or g/f just be warned than you will see a lot of extremely young girls with extremely old men passing by the restaurant to go to their rooms between 11,12 and 1. Great place for people watching, but my filipina wife refused to go downstairs alone. Plenty couples and good for families. Pool most of the time clean and service is good as could be expected from this 2 to 3 star hotel. Room cleaners safe/honest and we left money everywhere and never anything was taken. I would go again if i needed a budget stay. Also I forgot to add the road side rooms can be very noisy and the kids screaming and splashing in the pool makes it hard to relax....But the cable TV has some nice channels.

Chen Ming Beijing

Room Tip: Avoid the road side rooms. Make use of the refrigerator and buy your own coffee satchels and get roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple