“Not bad for the Philippines, Used to be better”

Tequila Reef Cantina
Ranked #5 of 502 Restaurants in Angeles City
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine, Margaritas, BAR-B-Q Ribs,Burgers, Sandwiches, Seafood, Filipino Food and Much More!
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Welcome to the Philippines, the food here is okay but, do not compare to a good Mexican restaurant in Texas or California for example. According to friends who used to eat there a lot the quality slipped a bit during the past year or so.

Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Robert,
We have done lots of improvements in terms of food and quality. Come try us and see for yourself rather than what you hear.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Excellent Staff and Menu
Daily Specials
Usually have Mini La Burrito enough for 2 people,chips and sala
Margarita Frozen (Believe) BEST Around,
I Enjoy Angeles branch more than soi 7 Pattaya Thailand

Thank you Gordon.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

If your in Angeles looking for a great place to eat then this is it. I have been eating here for almost 3 years and the food quality has remained the same for every visit,great. The other big plus is the service is probably the best in Angeles. The Reef is a must visit for Mexican food.

Tequila Reef A, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Thank you Larry! Much appreciated. We try our best and it is nice to get reviews like yours!

Reviewed September 13, 2018

This is my second time eating at Tequila Reef. The first time I tried a tostada (taco salad) and let's just say it was an "interesting" dish which consisted of a vegetable mix that was more like the filling that you would find inside a lumpia. Don't get me wrong..it was good but not what I was expecting.

The second and most recent time I tried the food here I ordered the mini East LA burrito. I am from Los Angeles so I have been eating out at local taquerias and food trucks for a long time now. I've been dying for a burrito for awhile now.

So is Tequila Reef authentic...nah not really. Is it good though? Yes. it is pretty tasty food and i'm willing to forgive the whole authenticity argument because they are trying to do their own spin on Tex Mex.

The mini east LA burrito I got was huge and had a nice layer of cheese and sauce on it. I almost thought the waitress gave me the full version by accident. My only quibble is that I ordered pulled pork and it tasted more like just regular tenderized chopped pork to me but it was still pretty good. I think authentic carnitas is pretty easy to make in a pressure cooker and you can even freeze it so i'm not sure why regular chopped pork is used here.

The portion size at Tequila reef is good, the value is good here, and the service from the waitress I got here (youngish looking girl) was fantastic. I actually like the overall vibe of this place quite a lot and I can tell the owner puts lots of care in how this business is run.

Also i'm glad to see this restaurant has a decent variety of hot sauces on the table.

Thank you! A great review. I am always open to suggestions. Much appreciated!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I said it once before and i'll say it again ... Tequila Reef makes the most amazing frozen margaritas on the planet ... the absolute best, served to me by the most amazing fun, friendly and interactive staff you will every meet anywhere in Angeles City.
The food is great Tex-Mex and if you happen to be visiting the place with a local friend, they also have very good local food.
Be sure to have some chips and salsa along with homemade guacamole, while you sip a fantastic frozen margarita.. you won't regret it, and you will come back for more ;-)

Thank you sir!