“The best not so authentic Mexican food in the Philippines.”

Tequila Reef Cantina
Ranked #5 of 502 Restaurants in Angeles City
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine, Margaritas, BAR-B-Q Ribs,Burgers, Sandwiches, Seafood, Filipino Food and Much More!
Reviewed September 13, 2018

This is my second time eating at Tequila Reef. The first time I tried a tostada (taco salad) and let's just say it was an "interesting" dish which consisted of a vegetable mix that was more like the filling that you would find inside a lumpia. Don't get me wrong..it was good but not what I was expecting.

The second and most recent time I tried the food here I ordered the mini East LA burrito. I am from Los Angeles so I have been eating out at local taquerias and food trucks for a long time now. I've been dying for a burrito for awhile now.

So is Tequila Reef authentic...nah not really. Is it good though? Yes. it is pretty tasty food and i'm willing to forgive the whole authenticity argument because they are trying to do their own spin on Tex Mex.

The mini east LA burrito I got was huge and had a nice layer of cheese and sauce on it. I almost thought the waitress gave me the full version by accident. My only quibble is that I ordered pulled pork and it tasted more like just regular tenderized chopped pork to me but it was still pretty good. I think authentic carnitas is pretty easy to make in a pressure cooker and you can even freeze it so i'm not sure why regular chopped pork is used here.

The portion size at Tequila reef is good, the value is good here, and the service from the waitress I got here (youngish looking girl) was fantastic. I actually like the overall vibe of this place quite a lot and I can tell the owner puts lots of care in how this business is run.

Also i'm glad to see this restaurant has a decent variety of hot sauces on the table.

Tequila Reef A, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Thank you! A great review. I am always open to suggestions. Much appreciated!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I said it once before and i'll say it again ... Tequila Reef makes the most amazing frozen margaritas on the planet ... the absolute best, served to me by the most amazing fun, friendly and interactive staff you will every meet anywhere in Angeles City.
The food is great Tex-Mex and if you happen to be visiting the place with a local friend, they also have very good local food.
Be sure to have some chips and salsa along with homemade guacamole, while you sip a fantastic frozen margarita.. you won't regret it, and you will come back for more ;-)

Thank you sir!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

When craving for Mexican food, I highly recommend Tequila Reef Cantina. With large, generous servings, one can really have a super tasty meal but a very reasonable price. Orders come quickly while crews serve with genuine happiness and pride in their job. The surroundings is clean and tidy but the big plus is really the yummy foods.

Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate your time!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Out with wife and niece: niece has never had Mexican food, wife had potatoe skins, niece has Mine east LA, glade I ordered her the mini, almost as big as she is. Will be back

Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thank you Michael! Yes the minis are in fact big.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Great menu with an interesting good food, quite quick service prepare to another restaurants in the Philippines

1  Thank rgray4
Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review!