“Big food”

Tequila Reef Cantina
Ranked #5 of 502 Restaurants in Angeles City
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine, Margaritas, BAR-B-Q Ribs,Burgers, Sandwiches, Seafood, Filipino Food and Much More!
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Out with wife and niece: niece has never had Mexican food, wife had potatoe skins, niece has Mine east LA, glade I ordered her the mini, almost as big as she is. Will be back

Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thank you Michael! Yes the minis are in fact big.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Great menu with an interesting good food, quite quick service prepare to another restaurants in the Philippines

1  Thank rgray4
Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review!

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Used this restaurant last year as well. Decent Tex-Mex food. Large portions. Good margaritas. Ribs in particular were very good this time around.

2  Thank Rory K
Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you for your review Rory! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the ribs.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I walked into Tequila Reef in Angeles City as I was planning to order an east LA burrito before I was headed home and the manager says to me that I am kicked out. I say for what reason and they say because a few nights before a guy that I know was arguing his bill because they would not allow him to put his girlfriends order(to save approximately 35 cent, wow!) onto his piatnight card which offers 5% discount for customers. If this is their policy then so be it and I see nothing wrong with letting people know about this policy as I have noticed many couples be given the discount but I guess that requires being a close friend of management. I know they are worried about abuse such as a group of guys coming in and using 1 card by putting their bill together. I never see any restaurant anywhere in Angeles city actually seperate 1 man and 1 womans bill from each other. Especially knowing that the two people involved are a couple. I had nothing to do with this argument nor do I care what happens, or the policy involved, either way for the 35 cents involved in the disagreement. I have never had a problem with this place except 9 months ago some of the waitresses would repeatedly call me cheap charlie everytime that I only left a 20 peso tip on a 152 peso bill. The were insisting 100 pesos tip and showing a very bad attitude in requesting and hustling such a tip. This had gone on for over a month, enough was enough of the incredible disrespect shown by waitresses right in front of management who did not intervene in any way, before I wrote my experience online which to Reefs credit was corrected and no more problems occurred(outside of being asked several times to remove my experience). No apology given or a let me buy you a drink or anything to say we are sorry to what had occurred towards one of our common customers in exchange for my experience being removed from an online review. Now to be accused of somehow being involved in the disagreement of someone else is just plain crazy and a poor management decision. I have a business management degree and am quite frankly shocked/disgusted that a business would employ such decision making ability. Wow, and this is really because Tequila Reef wants to split up items on their bill as consumed by him at 5% discount and consumed by her is no discount. Plus I got caught in the crossfire by knowing the couple involved. Who knows who else knows the couple and have been banned from Tequila Reef. What a joke that place has become since the sale of the business and new management has been installed. No more custom orders to how you like, higher prices, lower discounts and lower food and drink quality. I was still a customer even though the business had gone down in many areas but the people that know me know that I use to be a customer 15 times per week. Up to 3 times in one day. Now I go about 3-5 times per month. If you are looking for a place where the customer is always wrong then you have just found it.

Mike C, Owner at Tequila Reef Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

The manager said you were not welcome because you are posting things that are not true or inappropriate on several social media sites. It had nothing to do with your friend.

The discount scheme has already been discussed.

Your waitress problem has already been addressed.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Nice cozy place. Full range of dishes. Great food with a happy atmosphere. Don't miss the Margarita dance!

1  Thank STEVE C

Thank you Steve! The girls love to do the "shaken dance".