“Last minute stay”
Review of Orchid Inn Resort

Orchid Inn Resort
Ranked #8 of 94 Angeles City B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I had been told that this hotel was the place to stay and we had a chance to only see the public areas on Easter while visiting a friend who said that it is the only place he will stay and has for almost 10 years. last Saturday we just walked in and asked about availability and no problem. We were given a nice secure room on the pool area. The hotel has a newer section, but we were happy with our room and the nice discount we received. The front desk staff and everyone we came in contact with was great, including the GM Dave Crowe. My wife was impressed with the security and cleanliness and how polite the staff were. We have stayed in other hotels in Angeles City and my Filipina wife is often treated with a certain amount of disdain from others in other hotels. They assume that since she is a Filipina with a foreigner she must be a bar girl. The stereotyping was never displayed in this hotel and we will always make them our preferred destination when there visiting our friends. Great Job

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section may provide different ammenities, don't know.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ABHCS
There are newer reviews for Orchid Inn Resort

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We thought that this place looked decent when we checked it out online but unfortunately it wasn’t clean at all. The rooms are super old and dark, the sink water was kinda yellow and there where dead cockroaches under the bed even though the cleaning lady “cleaned” the room every day.
There is a safe box in the bedroom that you must use. My husband left around 15 coins on the table and there were only 10 when we came back (we are pretty sure that the cleaning lady took some of them). I know it’s nothing but it counts.
The food is super mega expensive in this place. Don’t eat there, you can find cheaper food outside of the hotel and with better quality.
The good things about this hotel were the pool which was nice, warm and clean and the receptionist ladies who were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kasandra819
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The booking site I used made this look like a reasonable property to stay at with nice, clean rooms. It was nothing like that at all. In fact, it's the only place I've ever checked in and checked out again within 30 minutes.

The rooms were small, the air-con barely useable as it was hanging off the wall and the bed looked like you'd need a radioactive suit to sleep in it. The bathroom wasn't much better, being filthy and mouldy. It looked like a cheap knocking shop to be honest. I'm not share where the booking agent got their reviews from but mine doesn't match them. I looked at a change of room but the second choice was also not of a quality expected. It was basically a door off the bar with a floor to ceiling window looking into the bar!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank EggChaser
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I got a standard room for 1800 php - perfect for a 9 pm check in 7 am check out, Reception was professional but not overly friendly (i can understand why as it is Angeles) Don and John helped me to my room and were amazing in ensuring everything was up to my expectations before handing over the keys.

The room is a basic room with all the normal features ( except a window), Aircon was cold and the bed was very comfortable with nice high quality sheets and pillows. Bathroom was very clean with hot water and no water pressure issues ( that has to be stated when talking about a hotel in PH ") the water did have a smell it :/

The hotel is a little dated but is exceptionally clean, The pool looked amazing tho didn't get a chance to dip in. The Bar is a nice little spot to relax with Great service and very reasonable beers prices - (65p for a san mig ) and served VERY cold.

Private parking was offered for free in a secure area and i felt comfortable in leaving my sports bike.

I would recommend it to friends and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Prefitx: Angeles City is Angeles City. One has to know that.

With that, the Orchid Inn is a good "total package" again, for Angeles. I stayed in the Jacuzzi suite and with discount and a good U.S. $$$ rate now, it was about $94 a night. Right next to the pool (8 meters) and with your own table on a balcony next to the pool. The Jacuzzi worked good. It is a maximum 2 person. But 2 will fit. Worked great and the ladies loved it. The bed was a good quality king. Both of these items are in somewhat short supply in Angeles. Room was huge with a large flat screen/DVD player. Food reasonably priced. Two restaurants of sitting areas, are open 24 hrs. a day. Full time security.

A special note: There was a possible medical emergency in the bar one evening at about 900pm. Not a drunk, but an older gentleman, I think with a diabetic issue. The staff responded in a professional manner. Providing assistance while calling for an ambulance. Great teamwork.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are, well, standard. AKA: A budget room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed here several times in the past and as usual service is still excellent. The staff always greets you with a smile and attends to all requests quickly. I had the king deluxe room, the bed was comfortable and room was plenty large enough. We had breakfast each morning and the beer is always cold for your relaxing afternoon enjoyment. The pool is crystal clear and very inviting. I will surly stay here again.

Room Tip: The King Deluxe Room is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wayne R
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've stayed there maybe 4 or 5 times. The food is delicious and avalable 24 hrs, love the pool, rooms were clean, security effective. All the employees are friendly and helpful. Its centrally located, you get anywhere by walking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends