“Great place to stay”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed July 28, 2012

was staying for 2 nights with friend. Quick response from staff when checked availability of rooms thru email. Coffee is great,will go again. Only minor problem is there were no phone in my room but was told it is under repair. Its ok,small matter.....

VJ

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank aidozo

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I found this hotel through Tripadvisor and based on the recommendation of 5 top hotels around the area. And i booked it through Agoda. I can't say if i was disappointed with the hotel or the reviews. We didn't expect to see the heartbreaking scene along the way to the hotel. We also didn't know that cars are not allowed into the area at night so we had to walk with our heavy bags along the seedy premises. Quite a daunting experience. The entrance of the hotel looks ok with a cafe but the reception area was uninviting it was bare with bad lighting. But the hotel staff were friendly enough. Very helpful and accommodating. Our room was quite spacious with jacuzzi and sauna. It's a premier spa room after all! There were 3 of us and I asked for extra bed but they didn't any. But was offered a comforter instead. So i just took it. The bed was big enough for the 3 of us but i was coughing so much and didn't want to disturb my friends' sleep with my cough! The tap water smell awful. I had to use bottle water to wash my mouth with. I think this hotel needs a big face lift to make it look lively and inviting. I guess most of the reviews came mostly from from guys so i can understand the 4 and a half stars rating. Will i come back and stay in this hotel again? Probably not...

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sue H
GrandCentralHotel, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Hello, thank you for your feedback of our property. We are going through quite a few changes in the lobby area - there is a new restaurant coming in soon and everything from the street to the reception will be upgraded. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to walk your bags to the hotel from your vehicle. Having a hotel on "walking street" where the road is shut down daily to vehicular traffic is a definite nuisance for some. We hope that you enjoyed your stay and that your continued travels are spectacular. (By the way, try "Cloud 9" in Siargao Island in the province of Surigao del Norte for the best surfing waves around.)

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for two nights. Its right in the middle of the famous night life Balibago is famous for. I requested for the room facing the streets, the intention was to experience the activities of the streets, but I got the room facing the back of the hotel. How lucky I was, the room was quiet, I had a very good rest while I was there. Even I switch off the lights in the room, its lit up from the led of the AC, nice rest that I have.

The staff is friendly, though a little shy, but overall approachable. I booked the hotel through my email and deposit was made through Western Union. No fused.

If I ever come back to Angeles City, this hotel will be in my mind. And I'm going to miss the cafe latte. Really enjoyed the afternoon coffee, watching the activities at the streets. Don't worry bout eateries, there are lots of them nearby...

Room Tip: Rooms facing behind the streets is quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank kgtenn65
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed around five days in a deluxe room. I thought their rates were a little expensive for a night there, but I really like the place. The shower with good water pressure is rare in the Philippines, the huge tv was cool, bed and pillows was comfy and being to choose a front or rear facing balcony... it's a very nice addition. I can easily get some fresh air out of the room and have a nice sit at the mini balcony. Meals I brought back to the room are enjoyable to eat there too.

The staffs were accommodating, I'll be a repeat customer for sure. The only bad thing I have to say is the bbq chicken from room service was too sweet to finish it. :P

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Babush K
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Central during the last week of April and it was my best vacation ever! Great Beds, Awesome TV and a balcony that is the best people watching place in Angeles and where I spent hours soaking in the sights.

The staff was very good and one of them is super hot.

Thumbs up to Grand Central.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony. It is like Mardi Gras every night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rock T
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Spend 4 nights in this hotel and can only speak of only good things. Nice rooms, friendly staff even great food.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Stephan P
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Central Hotel in the middle of March 2012 along with my wife and 6-month-old son – I found the hotel a great place to stay and the staff very helpful and professional. The rooms were in very nice shape and comfortable they looked like newly remodeled. The staff would go out of their way to make your stay very comfortable and they were very nice to speak too. The only down fall to staying there was that the Hotel restaurant belonged to another company so your restaurant bill could not be charged to your room. I also would not recommend this Hotel to any family coming to Angeles City to visit. The hotel itself was great but the location for anyone with a family is bad, it is located on a street that in the early evening turns into a street that is full of women of the night and it filled with heavy drinkers and people wanting to have a very good time. Not a place for children – the hotel safeguarded against any of that entering into the hotel itself but a child could easily look outside of the window and see things that they should not see. If there were no children involved, I would highly recommend this hotel to stay. warning: the taxi.. Warning about the taxies – get a price before you get into the taxi – the hotel arranged for a taxi for me to go to Olongapo City, the hotel told me the price for the taxi but when I got to Olongapo City it was a 1000 more pesos’ then what the hotel told me they were suppose to charge.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vamp13
GrandCentralHotel, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Hello Sir - I wanted to respond to your review regarding the taxi service. Grand Central Hotel uses an outside agency to do all of our transportation. After having read your review I immediately called for a meeting with the owner of the taxi service. I discovered that for your trip all 7 of his regular drivers were already in transit, at which point he had to rely on another agency to send a backup. I am still trying to discern whether that agency had a different rate than what you were quoted and if there was some miscommunication on the part of our service, or if the driver at the time was acting out of his own self interest. Regardless, price changing is unacceptable. Often, drivers will ask for a tip or occasionally ask for more if the destination a person had in mind was difficult to find (for example, driving around for an extra hour or two looking for a place that no one can easily spot.) Grand Central does not condone price changing at the last minute and would like to advise anyone who uses our transportation service to notify the hotel via email (info@gchac.com) or phone (+63-045-892-0998) to report such behavior. I would like to offer a refund of the additional charge to you so please contact us at your earliest convenience or let us know on your next stay so we may rectify the problem. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future.