“A hidden jewel in a quiet setting...”
Review of Maharajah Hotel

Maharajah Hotel
Maharajah Hotel
Ranked #51 of 69 Hotels in Angeles City
Honolulu
“A hidden jewel in a quiet setting...”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The majority of properties in the Field's Avenue area of Angeles City are over-priced and severely lacking in amenities, for an American. Though there is a broad spectrum of tastes and class of required service for the dollar, the standard for hotel is usually based on three things:
1. Service
2. Comfort
3. Availability
This hotel is a 2.5-3 star by the nominal Holiday Inn/ Motel 6 rates and rooms. If your off-season room is poolside, it will set you back $75; if it's on the 2nd floor, the same room will be $50 less. The hotel maintains two pools on the property, one wading pool(I assume for the kiddies) and a small but refreshing adult pool off the restaurant. Their food is served from 6am-10pm and there is a limited but tasty menu. There's also a small bar and the waiter serves as bartender,waiter and room service concierge.
My pet peeve with most budget hotels in the P.I. are the bathrooms. For some odd reason, they build these things without doors or curtains for the most part, something that leaves the floors sopping wet and slippery. Not to mention, tiny and inconveniently appointed. This hotel wasn't as bad as most and they were more than happy to accomodate with plenty of towels and TP. The management(Mike) was helpful, courteous and friendly as were the girls working the counter and security personnel, who manned the gated entry as well as patrolled day and night. The one outstanding quality of this establishment(and maybe this was attributable to the seasonal vacancy) was the level of quiet. I never once in the week I stayed in the hotel heard a raised voice or a rooster crowing; no mean feat in the P.I.! Overall I'd give this place a solid 4-Star rating for service, 3 for comfort and a 5 in serenity!

Room Tip: When you get to the desk, ask if there is a lower rate off-season; the advertized rate was $35, we g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HungLong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Maharajah is a modest boutique hotel that's clean, comfortable, and reasonably-priced. What I like about this place is that it's intimate and quiet-- perfect for a nice and relaxing weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to find the rooms and pool area newly renovated (this is my second visit). The bathroom in our room features a hot and cold shower and new fixtures, and the pools are now bigger and surrounded by a landscaped garden with outdoor benches and a small gazebo.

My family and I booked one of the Royal Twin Rooms with a glass sliding door facing the garden. Our room came with two queen-size beds, a flat screen TV, refrigerator, air conditioning, and free wifi. But what impressed me the most was the very attentive and friendly staff, who always made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. During our stay, we asked for room service twice (around 12mn and then again at 3am) and both times the attendant who served us was prompt and very nice about our late-night requests.

Aside from great service, the hotel is also conveniently close to the places that offer the best recreational activities in Clark. It's a 10 to 15-minute drive from Mimosa Golf & Country Club, Fontana (where they have a water park and a casino), Clark Parade Grounds (or what my family calls "The Oval"-- great for jogging, it's where several running marathons are held, as well the Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival). It's also a few minutes away from a few good local restaurants (a must-try: C' Italian Dining) and SM City Clark.

Truly a great find!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Korinne B
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise.
We have stayed in Maharajah Hotel a few years back.
And I must say that the place felt and looked different from before.
The room was spacious and equipped with a flat screen TV.
The bathroom was clean and the fixtures were new.
However, we noticed that the pillows had a certain smell.
Maybe we're just not familiar with the soap they are using.
As for the service, we were welcomed by attentive staff when we arrived just before midnight.
In the daytime while going around the place, the officers in charge were very warm and gave us special attention.
They made us feel at home despite the fully booked status of the hotel.
They also offered lunch buffet, it was cheap and yummy.
Reasonable priced hotel, I'm definitely recommending everyone to try this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is my second time stay at Maharajah Hotel (2010 and 2012).. I like this hotel very much because of the wonderful hospitality by the staffs. Maharajah Hotel is situated in Angeles City, Clark and close to the airport (15 minutes away) for return flight to Kota Kinabalu the next day. My friends and I decided to stay per night at Maharajah. We booked two Classic Double rooms. It was nice, clean, and comfortable rooms to stay with flat screen TV. There is also glass door facing the garden and swimming pool and I like it so much..where we can sit outside the room veranda and having our fruits salad. The air condition functioning well. We get discount for the rooms with free American breakfast. As soon as we check in...we requested to get a taxi to shopping Mall for last day shopping. The front desk staffs help us to arrange with the taxi and suggested us to go to MarqueeMall. I will come back and stay in this hotel again in my next trip. It is safe to stay in this hotel, calm and convenience with reasonable price. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Manila
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We kindda' liked the place the moment we saw it. We saw a lot of budget hotels along Fields Avenue but we're looking for somewhere secluded so we can have a good night sleep after partyin'. Loved the FOOD!!! a bit pricey but it was all good. Swimming pool was clean and only a few guests even on a weekend which is exactly what we prefer. Room rates are good enough for our budget. Anyway, we were there to check out what they are saying the red light district of Pampanga.. we really had a good time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Malabon, Philippines
Reviewed February 13, 2012

It's in the middle. It was not the nicest hotel that I've been to but the food was pretty good. I saw that they are trying to clean the pool. People are quiet, the place was kinda like secluded. It was peaceful. Service was not good and it took forever to serve to us. The room was funky nice. There's a lot of space. I don't like the TV aspect though. The A/C is ok. The smell of the room is not bad.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cowmi
angeles City
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I checked in for a night in a room with 2 queeen sized beds as we have 2 children. Left bags in room and went out to visit friends. Came back around 11pm. Aircon extremely noisy and did not work. Cable tv not working as they said this had certain hours. (Nonsense) Collected bags and went to reception and demanded refund. Duty receptionist called manager as I was making a fuss. THey ofered only 50 percent as I had used the room for 6 hrs but hadnt actually stayed in the room. At one point the manager asked on the fone what my nationality was. Seems like they may base refunds on that. It may hel to be Korean. Eventually got my money back in full after I called the police. Sad thing is I have staed in this hotel many ties in last 20 yrs. Something has changed. For the worse big time. THey just lost a good customer.
Foos has always been dreadful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business