“Fantastic hotel with great staff”
Review of Lewis Grand Hotel

Lewis Grand Hotel
Ranked #40 of 71 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed July 9, 2014

A truly magnificent hotel, beautifully built with great staff. I was partying like a drunk maniac for most of the trip but never once were the staff offended by anything stupid i did and always professional and helpful no matter what state i appeared in. Great drinks and room service! A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Sam B

Thank you for your visit – and thank you for proclaiming that the Lewis Grand Hotel is “a fantastic hotel with great staff”. We all here much appreciate this, thank you !

Your whole feedback is certainly very much appreciated ! You wrote that the Lewis Grand Hotel is “a truly magnificent hotel, beautifully built, with great staff. I was partying like a drunk maniac for most of the trip but never once were the staff offended by anything stupid I did and always professional and helpful no matter what state I appeared in. Great drinks and room service ! A very nice place to stay.”

Wow ! There’ s nothing here that I could really still add, other then to say THANK YOU again !

Hope that you will be back again soon ! All the best !

Reviewed July 1, 2014

A great hotel for a family visit. The excutive suite is large and the bed really great. The view of the pool is great. The Restaurent has great choice of foods many Western foods. It just slow to get your order Be patient. There are a many steps in the Restaurent Watch your step. The pool is great and the service there is good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave me many assissts. The car pick up service and service to the local mall very helpful. I recommend this hotel and hope to return next year.

Room Tip: Excutive Suite the best value
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Blondeboy

Thank you for your nice comments, and for declaring us “a real winner Hotel” – that’ s great to hear ! Thank you !

You wrote that you found the Lewis Grand to be a “great hotel for a family visit”, and that you enjoyed your suite-room, which you said was “large and the bed is really great”. – Please note that we have now additionally also installed a special Uratex Memory Foam on top of every bed, to make your sleeping experience an even more comfortable one.

You also said that “the view of the pool is great”, and I would here now also like to add that we also have a nice and luscious garden area.

Then you said that “the Restaurant has great choices of foods – many Western foods”. We are happy to hear that you also enjoyed our Restaurant, however we are at the same time sorry to hear that at times it took a little while to get the food delivered. Thank you so much for your kind patience. I will forward this comment to the F&B Department, and we will look into ways on how to speed things up. You have also mentioned the step in the Restaurant. We have tried to “highlight” this step as good as possible, with a different colored carpet, so that it would be – hopefully – easy to notice and see.

It seams you’ ve spent some time around the pool area, because you write that “the pool is great and the service there is good”. Good to hear that you were receiving a professional service, as this is what we would always like to give to our dear valued Guests.

Thank you also for complimenting us for our employees, when you wrote that “the staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave me many assists”. THAT’ s what we do ! :-)

Finally you were also able to take good use of our ('fyi' - free) transportation service, because you wrote “the car pick up service and service to the local mall was very helpful”. So, all in all it seams you had a good time here, and THAT is what we would like for our dear Guests to be able to experience when staying with us here at the Lewis Grand Hotel.

Your verdict was: “I recommend this hotel and hope to return next year”. – Thank you very much ! And we of course hope that you will come back again soon. You are certainly always more then Welcome here !

For now I wish you a nice day, and a great week !

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Without doubt this is the best Hotel in Angeles. I have stayed in a few different Hotels in Angeles and the Lewis Grand is better than all of them. The location is perfect as it is away from all the noise of Fields Avenue. As soon as you see the front of the building you are thinking classy. As you walk in you will be confronted by a massive entrance. I first visited there only to dine in the Restaurant. As soon as I walked out the back of the hotel where the Restaurant and Bar were located I was amazed how beautiful it was. The pool is amazing with a great bar where you can swim up to. The surrounding cabanas fantastic. The Restaurant and Bar was very well presented and I in particular like the huge bar stools. The food was amazing so I decided I would book out of my Hotel and stay in the Lewis Grand for my last 2 days.

I stayed in the Deluxe King Suite. I was extremely impressed with the size and layout of the room. Always nice to have a King bed and a good size TV. I had a balcony where I could sit while admiring the beautiful pool. The only thing that could be added is 2 extra pillows. You can never have enough pillows when you are laying in bed watching TV.

I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone travelling to Angeles City.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Wineguy1744
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Wineguy1744

Thank you for staying here with us at the Lewis Grand Hotel – and for taking yourself the time to write this review.

You did not “just” write a(ny) review, but kindly enough voted us to be the “Best Hotel in Angeles” – and that after, as you wrote, staying already in different other Hotels here in Angeles. So, thank you very much for this positive feedback. Me and the staff here at the Lewis Grand certainly appreciate !

You wrote that: “without doubt this (the Lewis Grand) is the best Hotel in Angeles”. And you have also mentioned that you “have stayed in different Hotels in Angeles and the Lewis Grand is better than all of them”.

Wow ! Thank you so much for this nice and positive feedback ! We are happy to hear that you have (obviously) enjoyed your stay here with us ! Thank you for your visit and your review here !

You said that: “the location is perfect, as it is away from all the noise of Fields Avenue”... which I would agree to, and also a good number of our other regular returning Guests very much appreciate our location, as we are “in the middle of it all”, yet just enough away from the “hustle and bustle”, so in order to be able to spend some relaxing and rejuvenating vacation, when here in Angeles… Or, as we like to say: “Your home away from home” !

You have also mentioned that: “as soon as you see the front of the building you are thinking classy. As you walk in you will be confronted by a massive entrance”. Indeed, our overall architectural ambiance is then also something that a variety of international travelers, from all over the world, have come to appreciate.

It also seams that you have enjoyed our Restaurant. You wrote: “I first visited here only to dine in the Restaurant. As soon as I walked out the back of the hotel where the Restaurant and Bar were located I was amazed how beautiful it was. The pool is amazing with a great bar where you can swim up to. The surrounding cabanas are fantastic. The Restaurant and Bar was very well presented and I in particular like the huge bar stools. The food was amazing so I decided I would book out of my Hotel and stay in the Lewis Grand for my last 2 days”. Well, thank you very much for deciding to stay here with us, and we are of course happy to hear that you enjoyed our Restaurant, as well as our garden and the different amenities provided therein.

We are also delighted to hear that you also enjoyed your room, where you write that you: “stayed in the Deluxe King Suite. I was extremely impressed with the size and layout of the room. Always nice to have a King bed and a good size TV. I had a balcony where I could sit while admiring the beautiful pool”. And regarding this, I would like to take the chance to add the information that we have different room types, with own balconies, overlooking the big garden and swimming pool area, and from some there is a nice long-distance view to the Mt. Arayat, which is certainly a nice “backdrop”. It also is a nice and peaceful experience, as all around our Hotel we have a park-like area, with lots of 'greens' and trees. Certainly “one of a kind”, here in the middle of Angeles.

The only small “hint” as to what you were missing was when you wrote: “the only thing that could be added is 2 extra pillows. You can never have enough pillows when you are laying in bed watching TV”. And since we also agree with you on this, we would like to kindly inform you (and other people reading this here), that you (and our other valued Guests) can at all times simply request for some more pillows. We have all beds (depending on the room type), set up with between 4 to 10 pillows, and if anyone would like to have some more pillows, then we have plenty available through our 24 / 7 housekeeping department. So when you will be back again (which we hope will be soon), kindly ask our HK for more pillows (or let us know upon your reservation, so that we can already set up those pillows in your room before your arrival), and they will be happily (and with a smile) be provided to you (and of course free of charge).

Lastly you wrote: “I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling to Angeles City”. – And for this we would like to thank you once again ! Thank you so much for everything, and we hope to be able to Welcome you back again real soon !

In the meantime now me and my staff here at the Lewis Grand Hotel wish you a nice day and a great week !

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Situated in the middle of the bustling Angeles City, the Lewis Grand Hotel is an O-A-S-I-S. Indeed, the hotel was Grand. Indeed, the hotel has five-star class amenities. My family of four enjoyed the grand lobby, the beautiful pool, the superb restaurant and the large rooms with large toilet & bath.

We originally wanted to stay for one night only as the place is near the sleazy part of Angeles. However, we extended our stay for one more night owing to the fact that my kids enjoyed the place and my wife and I are happy that exotic Pinay beauties are a rarity in this hotel. You'll find plenty of decent-looking foreigners and family staycationers, which is a plus for us. We didn't mind at all transferring to another hotel room as we were assisted well by the polite staff. So we experienced the two rooms. The only problem with the second room is that the air conditioning needs some sort of repair and had to call a roomboy to bring us fans in the middle of the night. Other than that, we had fun and my kids enjoyed the large tub after a long dip in the pool.

The pool looks really nice and well-maintained and there's a poolside bar for you to order drinks with if you wish to swim at night. The problem with the pool though is that if you're not careful, you'd get scrapes from the pebble-finished poolside.

Room Tip: If you want view more than size of the room, get the pool view. If you value room size more than vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Chimp_Rex

Thank you and your family for staying here with us – and we are happy to hear that you found the Lewis Grand Hotel to be “an oasis in Angeles”.

As you wrote, being situated in the middle of the bustling Angeles City, the Lewis Grand Hotel can – due to it’ s “wideness” and “openness” – indeed be considered an O-A-S-I-S.

We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us, and that you qualify our hotel as being ‘Grand and with five-star class amenities’. - So glad to hear that your family of four enjoyed the grand lobby, the beautiful pool, the superb restaurant and the large rooms with large toilet & bath.

We would also like to thank you for extending your original stay of one night for one more night, owing this, as you said, to the fact that your kids enjoyed the place, and your wife and your good selves were happy.

Thank you for your kind understanding, that due to your ‘last minute stay extension’, we had to ask you to kindly transfer to a different room, as the room which you were staying in was already pre-booked by and reserved for one of our other valued returning Guests. We are glad to hear that you, as you’ ve expressed, didn't mind at all transferring to another hotel room - and that you were well assisted by our polite staff. – And that this way you were also able to experience two different room types.

At the same time now, we would like to apologize to you regarding the minor inconvenience in regards of the air conditioner in your 2nd room, which – it seams – needed some sort of check-up, which was then subsequently done the next day. – Glad to hear thought that other than that, you’ ve had fun and your kids enjoyed the large tub after a long dip in the pool.

Thank you for complimenting us on our swimming pool. A lot of people say that our pool, as well as our garden area, look really nice and that those – and our other – areas (too) are well-maintained. Good also to hear that you were able to take good use of our poolside bar, where you said you ordered some refreshments.

Lastly, thank you for the hint regarding our swimming pool and the mention that it might always be recommendable to be a bit careful, especially when traveling with children, due to the pebble-finished poolside. Please rest assured, that normally this has so far never really been any concern. Thank you.

We all hope that you and your family will be back again soon, and wish you in the meantime all the best !

Respectfully,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

From the time I booked a room online to my checkout, I felt welcome and appreciated as a customer. The general manager looks after every detail and is always available to put a personal touch to addressing/resolving any concern/issue a guest may have. The room was cosy and wifi super strong. I had no issue whatsoever with anything. I am looking forward to returning to Lewis Grand Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Anton S

First of all, thank you for your visit, it was our pleasure to have you stay here with us… !

And then thank you also for your positive feedback, regarding us being attentive, as well as the Hotel being at a quiet location amidst the surrounding busy nightlife. This (our location), I believe, is what most visitors here actually enjoy and appreciate !

I am glad to hear that from the time that you’ ve booked a room online, until your check-out, you felt Welcome and appreciated as a customer. – THIS is the kind of feeling that we would our valued Guests like to have and feel, during their stay here with us, and also after they checked-out already.

I most certainly also appreciate your feedback regarding our / my services. It is my pleasure to look after every detail and I am certainly always available to put a personal touch to addressing/resolving any concern/issue any Guest may ever possibly have.

Glad that you enjoyed your stay, found the room to be cozy and the wifi as ‘super strong’. We are happy to hear that you have had no issues whatsoever, or with anything.

We are hoping that you come back again one fine day, and are already looking forward to you returning to the Lewis Grand Hotel, hopefully already soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our family stayed here overnight for my brother's wedding and we had fun! :)

PROs:
- Nice location
- Very friendly and accommodating staffs
- Spacious rooms and aircon works really good
- Free and strong wifi connection
- Nice and clean bathroom
- Shuttle service going to Clark and Fields area
- 24/7 access to the impressive pool
- Nice lobby which my brother and her bride used for wedding photoshoot

I think though that the elevator needs replacement, it's really creepy and also suffocating at one point. Overall, two thumbs up to Lewis Grand Hotel! Definitely worth a stay! :)

Room Tip: Ask and request a room with a view of the pool. :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Korikokok

Thank you so much for your visit, and for your nice & pleasant feedback.

We are so glad to hear that you and your family staid here with us, and that you all had good fun, including also celebrating your brothers wedding.

Thank you for qualifying the Lewis Grand Hotel as “One of Angeles City's Finest” !

We very much appreciate you noticing and listing the different PRO’s, which you found at our Hotel, which were:

- Nice location

- Very friendly and accommodating staffs

- Spacious rooms and aircon works really good

- Free and strong wifi connection

- Nice and clean bathroom

- Shuttle service going to Clark and Fields area

- 24/7 access to the impressive pool

- Nice lobby which my brother and her bride used for wedding photoshoot

We couldn’ t have said this any better, 'lol' ! ;-) – Thanks again for your positive feedback !

The only negative point that you listed was the elevator, and although that is a new (and imported brand) elevator, we are currently already in the process of doing some additional upgrading on it. This just for your kind consideration and information.

Thank you and your family again for your visit, and we do hope that we can Welcome you back again already soon !

And…, thank you for your overall verdict:
“Overall, two thumbs up to Lewis Grand Hotel! Definitely worth a stay! :-) ”.

Respectfully,

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is on Perimeter Road quite a bit away fromthe action but is providing a shuttle service to Fields. Impressive Lobby, amazing pool area unfortunate the color is marking on your feed or other body parts, rooms are big with a big bathroom as well, which was real relive after the desaster at the Queens hotel. My room had a balcony facing the pool nice, but also some of the samll little insiects made it into my room due to that.. But it is really a nice resort with a good internet connection and proper and kind service..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Adilson B
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Adilson B

Thank you for your favorable feedback regarding our Hotel, and for stating that this is a “Great place” for you ! :-)

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, which is a bit more quiet and secluded then others; and that at the same time you were able to avail of our free transportation that we offer for our valued Guests !

Many visitors are rather impressed by our Lobby, which is also a popular back drop for wedding arrangements; and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself in – what you called – our “amazing” pool area. Please also be informed that we are currently discussing on how to (further) upgrade this… !

We enjoy to hear from you, and that you found our rooms to be big and with a big bathroom as well.

Lastly you mentioned that you’ ve enjoyed the balcony facing the pool, which you found nice (however, we recommend to – at night – close the balcony door, as the surrounding that we are located in is very green and “park – like”).

Thank you for your overall good feedback and comment, whereas you found the Lewis Grand Hotel to be a really nice resort with also a good internet connection and proper and kind service.

We hope that you will come and visit us soon again, and wish you in the meantime all the best !