“Best Hotel in Angeles City”
Review of Lewis Grand Hotel

Lewis Grand Hotel
Ranked #36 of 69 Hotels in Angeles City
Aarhus, Denmark
“Best Hotel in Angeles City”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Now I’m home from my 4th trip in 15 months to the Philippines. Each time I have stayed at the Lewis Grand Hotel.

My first trip to the Philippines was in July last year. I got picked up at the Clark Airport with no problem and I was in the hotel in about 15 min from the airport. The drivers are always very polite and like to answer questions you may have.

The check-in's are always fast and if you have staid there before, they keep a copy of your passport and you can be checked-in in just a few mins. Also the check-outs are fast.

The pool is very nice and I have used it at different day and night times.

The staff at the LGH are always very understanding and make sure you will feel like a King. I have never felt uncomfortable with anything. When you get home at night they are friendly, smile and say politely 'goodnight'.

During my last stay, the Hotel was fully booked and they could not let me stay all the nights I wished to reserve, but with the help from James (Manager) and Melanie (Reservations), it was still possible to book me in to a smaller room, which was also an okay room. Thanks to James and Melanie.

If I have ever needed help during my stay, the staff has always helped me right away. They also helped me if I needed extra towels or anything else.

I believe that the LGH is the best of the good hotels in Angeles. I have not staid at the other places but I went to check on them and visited the other good hotels also, to look at their rooms and ask about their prices, but no one could beat the LGH.

I look forward to come back and have already booked for my Christmas and New-Year holidays.

Review of the rooms I have stayed in.

Hollywood Deluxe room: This room type has the biggest bed I have ever slept in. It is a good room size, and they have big windows out to the Perimeter road. Note: there is no balcony in this room.

Deluxe room and Deluxe Corner room: For me these room types have the best value for money, they are okay, big and have a balcony each, which I enjoyed to have.

Executive Jacuzzi room: This room is big and has all that I need to have. It has the same as the Deluxe room and Deluxe Corner room, but is bigger and has its own Jacuzzi. If money was not a question, this would be the room type I would always stay in.

Poolside Jacuzzi room: same as Executive Jacuzzi room, but right next to the pool. Personally I like a private balcony more.

Room Tip: Executive Jacuzzi room are realy nice
2 Thank 460MrDenmark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Truly a wonderful hotel. The interior is attractive and perpetually clean. The staff are very helpful and friendly. You are made to feel very welcome and there is a general feeling of calm and relaxation. In the restaurant I had the best omelette I have ever tasted and the freshly squeezed mango juice is a must. Thank you to all the staff at the Lewis Grand Hotel for making my stay so comfortable. I will definitely be back to stay with you again and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Deluxe room with a balcony. It was an unforgettable experience watching a tropical sto...
1 Thank Niklaus W
Ponson Island, Philippines
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at Lewis Grand Hotel many times and have always had a great experience. The staff is top rated in my opinion. They will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. My favorite part of the hotel is the pool. The pool is a great way to spend a after noon with that someone special. They also offer a free shuttle service to the local malls and or bars so need for trike or jeepney. Its also nice to relax at the bar for a drink or 2 and meet some of the other guests from all over the world.

Room Tip: View of the pool rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawrence D
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have stayed at serveral hotels in Fields and I must admit it is the best value for it's price range.There would be to name another hotel at 1,590 Peso a night which in is best in it's 3 star class, but for 3,990 Peso the Lewis Grand Hotel is best among the 4 - 5 star hotel in Angeles and certainly much better than any hotel at Subic bay. It setting is suprime and its well trained staff make it a perfect stay. Try the hot wirl pool and you will not regret. Also the room are well designed for a comfortable stay and dont worry for the transportation their limo will take you whereever you want to go and even pick you up again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The accommodations, atmosphere and service were great. There's a shuttle that will take you where you want to go and will pick you up as well. It's a little away from the main action on Fields Avenue but that's a good thing as well. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Book in advance
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked a jacuzzi suite at the Lewis Grand in June and stayed for 5 nights. The reason being, it was half the price of my usual hotel (ABC) and the photos and reviews tempted me to give it a go. I took the bad reviews with the good review for what they were worth.

Well, while not as lavish as the ABC it was a welcome change having a well appointed room with a balcony overlooking the pool....and not so much of a "seedy" crowd feel about it. The room was clean, big and bright with a very comfortable king size bed. I cannot fault the cleanliness.

The pool was 100 times better than the ABC, very large and very clean. The people in and around the pool were families and a more refined group of travellers compared to the bar guy bar girl crowd at the ABC. It was very relaxing lounging around the pool without too much noise or distractions.

The hotel did have it's problems with just one elevator (6 floors) and having to walk what seemed like miles to get to my room...but what made up for this was the quietness of the areas on each floor. My shower recess leaked, so everytime I had a shower the bathroom floor got flooded.....the shower attachment in the jacuzzi leaked internally and also flooded the bathroom floor when turned on....this was annoying but I could live with it as I was able to lie in the jacuzzi, open the bathroom window to the bedroom and watch TV while submerged. A guy came to fix the jacuzzi problem but the fix did not last more than a day. Just couldn't be bothered asking again.

My first meal in the restaurant was somewhat bizarre as I ordered a main meal of Fish which came out smaller than the size of an entree. I did complain and they did not charge me for it. Since that first experience, all other restaurant visits and poolside meals was a delight. The waitresses got to know who I was from my first complaint and ensured the rest of my time that the service was impecable. The food was above average for what it costs....not fantastic but value for money.

The Grand Lewis is a little bit further out from the main drag and some of the better outer bars but there is always a hotel driver ready to drive you downtown. Even if the driver was not there, a motorbike only cost 50 pesos which is pennies. The drivers were so polite and courteous, especially the one that drove me back to Manila to catch my flight home. Distance is not a problem and rather a bonus if you needed to get away from it (the action that is).

I did read a couple of reviews about the check out and payment problems and I must admit I did experience some difficulties but it was easy to resolve. I wanted a late check out (15:00) and they pro-rata'd the rate and charged me for those 3 hours.....while I thought it was a bit tough doing this after spending 5 nights in a higher value room and the money spent in their restaurants, the cost in AUD$ was minimal and not worth making a fuss about.....but still a bit "cheap" for them to charge me this I think.

The TV is relatively small based on the distance from the bed to the TV and you needed to be a rocket scientist to work out how to initially operate it....but got over that as well.

I am coming back to Angeles in September and I will book this hotel again because I believe it is great value for money. I have been to Angeles 4 times, 3 times I stayed at the ABC and once at the Grand Lewis. I have written great reviews on the ABC because it is a good hotel experience but after the last trip, staying at the Grand Lewis I felt more relaxed, less hassled and it costs much less than the other trip. I somehow enjoyed my non bar hopping time much more in the atmosphere of the Grand Lewis.

I would recommend the Grand Lewis for more family / couple guests rather than the lone male traveller looking to be amongst the action. It just takes a little more effort to get to the action but always enjoyable to remove yourself back to the Grand Lewis

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SimonBebe
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice lobby and restaurant. helpful staff and readily available. The road noise from motorcycles was a problem in the middle of the night. Cannot walk from the hotel to the shopping mall and central night life area. I have stayed here in the past, but feel that it is over price.The hotel try to nickel and dime the guess. They charges me P1200 peso ($20) for a missing face towel and a stained big towel. I informed them that the small towel was used at the pool for our friends new born and it was give to the staff there they refused to even ask the pools staff. i also let them know that the kids was eating French fries so we put the town on the bed so they would not stain the covers and it was a very small stain where the side the plate was on the old towel that was there in room for cleaning. but she refused and charged me for both. I normally stay at the ABC but my friends wanted to use a big pool away from walking street. I will never stay at this nickel and dime hotel again. The ABC treat their guess a lot better LG needs to act like a 3 or 4 start and not like a motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends