“Outstanding stay”

Ranked #36 of 69 Hotels in Angeles City
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my first visit to the Lewis Grand. I'd always stayed at the Pacific Breeze in the past, but wanted to try something different. I'm very glad I did.

Check in was quick, and I loved my room. I had an executive jacuzzi room on the fifth floor. It was big, clean and had two balconies overlooking the pool and Angeles all the way to Mt Arayat. I was concerned because only a smoking room was available - I thought it would stink to high heaven, but it was fine.

The shower was excellent - as was the jacuzzi after I worked out how to operate it - and the bathroom was clean and spacious.

The best thing was the quiet. Noise, especially from other guests, was always an issue at the Pacific Breeze, but the carpeting at Lewis Grand mean this wasn't a problem.

Food was good, and the swimming pool was excellent. Despite the hotel being full, I rarely saw any other customers around the pool or at the bar/restaurant.

Service generally was fine, with a few small issues (a draining problem in the shower, a leaking air-con) dealt with promptly.

It is a little far from the Fields Ave nightlife, but the free shuttle is almost always available. If you don't want to trike back to the hotel at the end of a night, you can call for a pick up.

I was genuinely impressed, and will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Caboolture, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We are a family of four, 2 adults and 2 teenage children, we were at Angeles visiting family and friends and also flying out of Clark for Borocay. As Angeles is not really a family place, we struggled to find accommodation suitable. We thought we would give the Lewis Grand a go as it was far enough away from Fields. The hotel picked us up in Manila at 2.00am and brought us to the hotel, the pick up service was good, no issues. They also have a free shuttle service from the hotel to the top of fields or SM shopping mall, we used this quite a bit and never had to wait long to get dropped off where we wanted. They will take you to other destinations around Angeles, but other destinations are not free. Getting picked up was not always as smooth. I was given a number at the hotel and told to text them when ready, done this and got no reply, twenty minutes later I phoned them and they said no car available and would be another 45 minutes, we got our own transport back to the hotel. Would have been nice for them to text or phone us and inform us of the delay rather than us having to wonder whats going on.
The hotel itself in the public areas is very clean with immaculate gardens. The pool was unavailable when we were there as it was being restored, but we were informed of this before we traveled. The rooms are spacious, but are starting to get a tired. There were a huge amount of cigarette burns in the carpet and the room stunk of smoke and the air conditioner a little noisy but other than that no problems at all with the room. The beds are much harder than we are used to, but this is common in Asia.The restaurant is quite good but a little expensive. The staff in the restaurant are great, very friendly and helpful. Overall we had a good experience at the Lewis Grand. There is free Wifi throughout the hotel that worked really good. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The Lewis Grand has great customer service. When you compare it to other hotels in the Philippines the difference is massive.
Many times when travelling the Philippines I would have to remind myself that I was no longer at the LGH and the service was typical of the philippines ( poor ).

Food is good.
Car service from airport transfers to free rides into town or the mall were good.
The whole place sparkles.
Rooms are huge,beds ok, shower is in big bathtub which could make it difficult for some elderly or disabled people to use.
Always has hot water.
Pool is really nice although maybe more sun beds could be out there.

As a guest you are always treated with great respect.
Only problem I had was when checking out they charged me for an airport transfer from Manila not clark. Only after i produced the papers of my flight and a copy of the email from them confirming my pick up from clark and then keeping calm for the 20 minutes or so while they seemed to not believe me and kept asking me if i was picked up in Manila.
Eventually the penny dropped and everything was corrected.
Yes the LGH is not perfect but its as close to it as you will ever get in the Philippines.

• Stayed January 2013
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were in Angeles for one night only. We were waiting on a flight to Boracay. We arranged for the hotel to pick us up from the hotel as their quoted price was only 100 Peso more than prices quoted on TA. The driver was waiting for us and delivered us without incident to the hotel. Driving along perimeter road, I'm thinking that Angeles is a pretty basic place, everything was looking pretty run down and dirty. We pulled up to the Lewis Grand and I have to say I was impressed. What a great looking hotel. We checked in quickly and were shown to our room. W are 2 kids and 2 adults and were staying in the double occupancy suite. A king size and a single bed as well as a lounge that can be slept on. The view from this room was of the church next door not e pool but I knew that at booking. That bathroom was huge, bath, 2 sinks and toilet. In room safe. Telling tv, small fridge and tea and coffee making facilities yet no tea or coffee. The pool area is beautiful. The restaurant was a little expensive but the food was great as was the service . A small intersting walk to the SM via the bus station. Nice hotel , not so nice town. the hotel is GRAND.

Room Tip: No rooms face the road. Nice view over the pool if you can afford it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AustraliaBrett
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel looks great from the outside and inside (restaurant, pool, lobby) The rooms are a little worn out. The rooms are big and comfortable but they are ageing and not to well kept. We arrived to check in at 13.30, and was told that the room was not available yet, but would be soon. As check-in time is 14.00 the delay was ok I thought, but i was very disappointed to get the key only at 14.45. Secondly the hottub was filthy.They should put a little more effort in maintenance and keeping the rooms nicer.The Air Conditioner in Room was Unbelievably Loud which required sleeping with balcony door open to try and get some breeze and be able to sleep. This was confirmed by maintenance at 5.30am in the morning however when I checked out the hotel did not even bother to apologize. Very strange policy whereby you have a room jug and two tea bags but no instant coffee which is unique I must say. When I queried about this the hotel management stated that their policy is that coffee can be ordered at charge from room service. I could live with this if your coffee was high quality but quite frankly it isn't. The only good thing i can say about this hotel is that the grounds are beautiful everything else was horrible. The hotel try to nickel and dime you for everything. The car service was pretty much none exist If you request a car to go to the mall or just to Fields its take over and hour most of the time wait for a car to become available.The staff are not friendly but not rude also, just plain. even Europe gives a better welcoming smile. The service on the pool was very slow and took me 20 minutes to get an attention to get a towel and additional 15 minutes to get a waitress to come then after she got me the menu she disappeared and a waiter too my order 20 minutes later. pool maintenance and grass cutting took 2 hours of noise during a very beautiful day that i was hopping to enjoy on the pool. internet was very slow, so you can't stream nor even watch youtube.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank msfinest
Campbelltown, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Spacious well appointed deluxe room with all amenities, lovely room, interesting large modular lounge, incredibly huge bed probably the size of two doubles together, excellent minibar & lovely bathroom. The only fault I could mention is access to the bath is very high so could be difficult for older people or kids.

The hotel itself is modern & spacious with large open areas & high ceilings. The restaraunt is mainly inside but also open plan with immediate access to the outside & pool areas. We found the food to be high quality for both dinner & breakfast. Food offerings consist of a wide range of Western, Asian & filipino foods so all palates are catered for.

The pool itself is massive & interesting with two adjoining spa baths. The only issue I could think of is the shallow parts of the pool are still to deep for children younger than teenagers

Finally, we couldn't fault the staff & their service. Very friendly & helpful

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SWPacificWanderer
Marseille, France
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have Been in Lewis grand this january, first do not trust the pictures on the web site, it seemed wild but it is small with à lot of noise around. Second the restaurant is just good enough for a breakfast, and thrid they attract you with prices in us dollars but when you in pessos pay they Apple an amazing rate and your Bill increase of 20 per cent.

And finally Check all your minibar Bill you will fins some surprises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo