“wrong location in Google maps”
Review of Zapata's Cantina Mexicana - MOVED

Zapata's Cantina Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place os across from the cemetery, prior to the mall. I bring this up because when I paste the above address into google maps it takes me to the vfw. Just go about another 500m east past the VFW and the restaurant is on the right. It's good mexican food for a decent price. Margaritas are alittle pricy but not to bad if you get a pitcher.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Fellow managers and I went here for dinner together with the General Manager of the Hotel where I work. We ordered almost everything in the menu. And everything looked the same, tasted the same,even. just presented in different ways.

I loooooove the Margarita, though. I think it is so far the BEST Margarita I ever had.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I tried this place 4 years ago and wasn't inclined to go back until recently someone told me that it had changed management recently, and that they'd liked it quite a bit, so I thought I'd give it another try. I'm still not inclined to go back.

If you're craving some Tex-Mex, and this is close to your hotel, go for it. Otherwise, there is better Tex-Mex in town. Zapata's is better than the local food, and far more agreeable than Balut, but that's not really saying much.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Zapata and El Mexicano combined is now known as Iguanas if i understood correctly, its the management of zapatas in el mexicano's location. As a former resident of the city we love going to this resto with friends. The staff is very accomodating. The place is nicely decorated the boys(my sons) even enjoyed playing with their mexican hats around since it wasnt a packed night for them as the rains were strong. We ordered grande combination which composed of taco burrito chili con carne enchilada with refried and mexican rice. At 300pesos it was well worth it to be shared by hubby and me and we even had take out since the portions was big. The taste is really good too. We love their fajitas to which we ordered on our previous trip. They also have great nacho chips and ice tea though its not bottomless its in a mug so good serving size.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Tucked away near the red light district, blink and you might miss this restaurant. Amazing mexican food - try the chilli con carne and the quesadilla. I haven't found a restaurant in manila that serves better mexican food!

1  Thank adityakrishna