“nice place,..”

Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Tulamben
Reviewed March 17, 2014

the rooms were quite okay,.. loved to have AC and warm water again after 2 weeks without.
Staff could be a bit more guest oriented. During breakfast/lunch/dinner the conversations between them could be heard from far away,.. (quite disturbing) .
The Wifi is weak,..
I stayed there in the part of the resort where the Agoda customers are placed: The old part.
The diving activities are in an other part 2 minutes up the street.
Be careful they don't charge an absurd exchange rate. Use an app on your phone to check.
Go here for diving,.. there really is nothing else to do here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Eelco D
There are newer reviews for Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort

Reviewed March 8, 2014

It was awesome diving with Tulamben Wreck Divers! Good service, lots of flexibility and excellent dive masters that have many years of experience. They know the sites very well and have a good eye for the smallest creatures ! Staying at the villa was nice and comfortable. Very friendly staff and nice breakfast each day. All in all: superb!

Room Tip: The rooms at the villa are very nice, quiet, relaxing and have a beautiful sea view!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Caremi E
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Lovely spot with a view of the volcano. We stayed in the large upstairs room which I would recommend. Nice & quiet. No water pressure in the shower but it was HOT which was great after a dive. Internet only works at the restaurant but that is fine if you're diving most of the day anyway! The pool was a bonus!

Room Tip: Other reviews said to stay upstairs so we did. It was the right decision.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wistfulvision
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stay and dive for 4 days here. For the accommodation, it is very good. Simple and clean rooms with good AC. Bathroom is spacious. The included breakfast is nice too.
For the dive, DM are professional. Plus that they know the dive sites inside out so just tell them what you want to see and they will find it for you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort is a fantastic place for divers of all levels. Situated just a short stroll across the road and toward the beach (3 min walk) from the USAT Liberty wreck is a great bonus (including the fact that they have porters who will transport your BCD and tank too and from the dive spots)
During my 5 nights stay there I completed my Wreck Specialty, Night Specialty, Deep Diver Specialty and Nitrox Specialty certifications and Erik (dive instructor) was brilliant. There wasn't a single thing that was an issue and his advise, instructions were magnificent.
The room I received at the resort (room 6) was massive and the view was amazing. My only complaint would be that the bed is a little hard for my liking.
The resort was having some work done as they are extending it with 4 new rooms and 2nd pool. Not at any time did the workers there disturb my sleep.
The stay also included breakfast which was onsite.
There is also a restaurant down the road owned by them and another location of rooms up the road too...
Having walked the length of the town I felt that Tulamben Wreck Divers had high quality equipment, staff/instructors that cared and strong safety protocols with their tanks etc. (something I was quite shocked by other shops/dive companies in that region).
Thank you Tony for your help in arranging my diving certification and to Erik for being a great instructor.

Room Tip: All rooms are good I feel. Number 6 was large and had a great view but you have to walk up stairs...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed at TWD in January for what was originally supposed to be 1 night but then became 2 nights when we realised how much we liked it there. The layout of the resort is a little odd in that the rooms and dive shop are located at one spot, the restaurant is down the road a bit and then the villas are a few minutes drive down the road as well. We were staying in a Superior Room, upstairs behind the dive shop.

The room itself was quite nice, simple but very functional and we were happy with it. The views from both balconies were amazing to see in the mornings so that was nice. When we were checking out we did go and do a tour of the villas and next time, we'll definitely be staying in one of those. They're just beautiful.

The dives were amazing, 28 degree celsius water and an amazing variety of coral and creatures. We were blown away. Our dive guide Darma was fantastic, very friendly and happy to tailor our dives to what we wanted to do. We did 7 dives each over the 3 days at the Liberty Wreck, the Coral Gardens and the Drop Off, each site had some lovely things to see. The highlight for us was seeing 5 black tip reef sharks on our last dive of the trip, that was just magic.

We did eat a few times at Wayan's Restaurant down the road. The food is tasty however we found the service extremely slow and the staff weren't particularly friendly, not rude, just not friendly and it sometimes took a while before they even came and got our orders.

Overall, we loved staying at Tulamben Wreck Divers and are very much looking to return next time we're in Bali.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was able to negotiate a bit the price of the villas by the beach, and when I saw all the amenities of the room I was quite pleasantly surprised! Extra large room with two beds, free coffee, teapot, fridge, large brand new bathroom, flat TV and DVD player (I borrowed DVDs from the nice managing lady, new releases), stunning pool in a well maintained garden with palm trees.

You can get your food delivered (they come to your door for the order and then back with the food). But the way it was delivered in plastic containers did not look nice, even if the food was good, so after that I went to the restaurant myself. I had a car otherwise it can be quite a walk.

As others say, apart from diving there is not much to do. The beach is made of rocks and the waves are too high to even think of swimming. The swimming pool looked brand new, very clean. The managers told me they organize a pool party once a week during the high season for the divers to meet around a beer and gloat about what they saw, it is apparently a very popular event.

The Liberty wreck itself is worth a couple of dives, you can swim inside and out, it's very fun, and you can see pink and yellow seahorses, turtles, amazing.

The other dive I did was not really interesting, so do not follow the diving club advices on that (go to the Marine Park on the West coast near Pemuteran instead for your other dives).

The dives were reasonable priced, depending whether you have your equipment or not, and the manager was very clear about what the prices were, showing me the rate card.

The villa was so nice I stayed for two nights instead of one, so yes I would recommend it.

Room Tip: negotiate for a villa!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo