Desperate to learn to dive and inundated with options for where and who to learn to dive with me and my partner were drawn to the all inclusive package offered by TWD, turns out we made the right decision.
We were picked up on time and in a very comfortable car from our hotel in Legian. The drive to Tulamben was as described about 2 1/2 hours and very beautiful. On arrival we were met strait out of the car by our instructor the fantastic Erik. He sorted us out with BCDs, wet suits, boots etc. and then we were driven down the road to our room.
The room was fantastic, clean, cool, spacious, equipped with a tv/DVD, safe hot/cold water and a cute little pool. So far so good. 15 minutes after settling in Erik came down to our room to meet us, he gave us our manual, leant us the PADI open water DVD and arranged for our first afternoon pool session.
Erik was a brilliant instructor, attentive, enthusiastic, friendly, and greatly experienced basically everything you could want in a teacher. We did 4 dives in open water, at the wall, coral garden and 2 on the famous wreck, every dive was fantastic, he stayed with us,made us feel safe and confident, and genuinely let us enjoy our first experience of scuba diving.
Owner Wayan was also great, we had some problems transferring money and he was happy to give us 2 days to sort this out. Also contrary to popular belief and writing there are now ATMs in Tulamben. Wayan also sorted out our onward boat journey from Amed to Gili T.
There is also a selection of DVDs on sale at the dive centre, and DVD players in every room, a great way to end a long day of diving. Tulamben itself is small, the restaurants are well priced, highly reccomend the Nasi Campur from the joint opposite TWD offices.
The included breakfast wasn't sensational but it was a fine way to start off the mornings, and the included fruit juice was always tasty. If you don't fancy the suspect bacon there is always fruit salad and corn flakes.
I haven't really got anything bad to say about Tulamben Wreck Divers other than the Wi-fi at the resort didn't reach our room which didn't really matter thanks to the DVDs and studying to keep us entertained but might bother some. Thank you for such a great first experience of diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Standard, Superior and Penthouse Rooms are at our dive centre hotel, right in the centre of Tulamben. Our Beachfront Villa Suites are about 1km out of Tulamben and we provide free scooters or car shuttle to get you to our dive centre and/or local restaurants for meals - breakfast is served at the villas. We recommend the Beachfront Villa Suites for guests who like very quiet accommodation. Both locations are set in tropical gardens with sparkling pools, modern and very clean. All rooms have air conditioning & ceiling fans, hot/cold water, fridge / mini Bar, tea and coffee making facilities, TV with DVD player for playing DVDs (there is no TV program) Our room rates include full, cooked, breakfast - we even have vegemite! Tulamben is a small village, about 3.5 hours from the international airport and famous tourist destinations such as Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, and Ubud. The village is almost completely geared towards scuba diving - there is also some snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulamben Wreck Divers Hotel Tulamben
- Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort Bali