Batu Belah
Scuba Seraya Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$57
Akasa Villa(Tulamben)
$48
$22
Agoda.com
Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$15
$14
Agoda.com
Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$59
Travelocity
$100
$21
$19
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsglass bottom boatinfinity poolcolinlomboktempleseasunriseagungscooterlibertydive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I just returned to the States. Our stay at Batu Belah was the highlight of our trip. Snorkeling on the live coral reef right off the beach was the best. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The food tasty and the service very competent and pleasant.

We were the only people staying at this perfect vacation place. Why? Because their website and email had been pirated. Emails went out to people who planned on staying there asking them to Wire a deposit to Western Union in Spain! There was no way for the owner to remedy this -- once he knew it had happened -- as much of his data was lost. He shut down his website and his email. When we left, he was in the process of restoring a newly created website and email. It should be up now.

His misfortune was our gain as we had the place to ourselves for two of the three days we were there. It really was paradise! However, it's too bad that a good place had this dirty trick played on it -- good competent people were hurt. But, as Colin -the owner - said, they will make it. And, with a place as wonderful as this, they will indeed.

Ruth Bright

Room Tip: All rooms were clean and faced the Bali Sea.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth B
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I have made a reservation at batu belah and was asked to send money via western union for the confirmation. I hesitaded and the owner, Colin Brown, said it was ok to pay on arrival.
Today, I got an email by Colin where he wrote that he has been robbed and lost all his money while being in Spain. He asked me if I could lend him an amount of 2950 €! Isn`t that very strange? So now, I will look for another hotel.
I would be careful with sending any money in advance...

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laila V
Batu B, Owner at Batu Belah, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Laila V,
Thank you for your letter of concern.
In early March Batu Belah e mail address been hacked the hacker's were very clever and ruffles they take our mail address and set up a look similar one in Spain. Our e mail address was (batubelahbAli@yahoo.com.au they set up the e mail address in Spain batubelahbEli@yahoo.com)The very next day and sent e mail to all of our client asking for money for deposit’s or in Laila V case they were asking for money saying I was robbed in Spain. Lucky most people see through the scam, we inform yahoo the day we was hacked they told us it is our problem ,maybe we are the hacker’s.
we also asked trip advisor if we could write an article advising our guest about the problem trip advisor told as they can not do that.
We lost our ranking with trip advisor from No.1 in Tulamben area because of the hacking problem..
Through our guest’s new review’s we have got back up to No.2 ranking.
We are a family run business, my self, my wife, my two daughter + 8 staffs.
So to all of our guest’s many our friend’s now,
A big thank you from my family and staffs.
Please understand we have had a very bad year 2012 ( we are very sorry to all ),We have set up new e mail address it is info@eastbaliresort.com we are in business again and hope to see all our new and old guest’s again at ( BATU BELAH )
All our best wishes and sorry to all again,
Colin ,wife, family and the staffs

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at Batu Belah in January as part of a diving safari with Aquamarine Diving - Bali. It’s a great place. Small, quiet, rustic and peaceful. Not fancy but not lacking amenaties and great for an escape and relaxation. Rooms overlook the ocean and the rooms are clean and simple. The snorkeling in front of the resort is really superb. The food at the restaurant was good. The fact that the poolside massages were $9 made them a daily mandatory indulgence for us.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pricklypete
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This place is great if you just want to get away from it all and just spend time lazing around reading, swimming, snorkelling on the reef metres away, fishing and catching up on some sleep.
It's a very different Bali to that which most people who go to Bali experience. We stayed three nights which was ample to switch off and recharge the batteries.
The place is in the middle of no where, but that's what's nice about it. You wont feel as if you're missing out on anything as there is no where else to go.
Staff are extremely friendly, always smiling and happy to please. Made speaks excellent English and is a gentleman. Collin and Ibu Made and the kids are lovely, genuine people.
I could go on for ever. We're coming back for sure.
Tips - Do the fishing trip on the boat - Caught three huge Mahi Mahi. Also if you get the chance you can do a half day trip (hire a car or motorbike) to Almapura market (fresh fruit, veg, fish, meat). Very lively and a great way to mix with the locals. Also have lunch at Bali Asli Resto outside of Almapurra - Amazing views and good food. Tirtanganga Water Palace can also be done on this trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JulesJalan
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Batu Belah means 'Broken Rock' and is actually the location / area on which the East Bali Resort was built. We now believe and suggest it should be renamed to 'Paradise Found'.

On driving towards the very small resort with its 4 bungalows, with enough accommodation for up to 5 couples, my hubby and I both went 'OMG, what have we done'?! Being East Bali the land is quite barren (not much rain since March) and never in a million years would you think that such a gorgeous green and lush oasis is hiding beyond those double gates.

Needless to say we felt right at home and at ease the minute we arrived and that feeling never left us while we were there for those magical 4 nights and days.

Inside the bungalows the bedding and pillows were clean and the mattress quite comfy. Nice day beds were also positioned just outside the glass double door entry to enjoy a good book or two. The accommodation itself is fairly simple, with the bathroom just functional and definitely not pretty, but to us it was all 5 star. The view to the green and lush gardens with the infinity pool and gorgeous blue-blue ocean beyond was just beautiful and postcard perfect at all times.

Made (Maa-deh) and his staff were super friendly and helpful and looked after us and the other guests with such enthusiasm. You could tell just by looking at them that they enjoy their jobs. Many times could we all hear them from the pool area, laughing in the kitchen and it made the guests laugh with them even though we had no clue what they thought was so funny. I have to mention here that the owners of the property were away on holidays themselves at the time of our stay, leaving Made in charge. What a Gem they have found in him. He was there, day and night, with that smile never leaving his face.

Breakfast and all other available food on the menu was very tasty and also very reasonably priced. We can especially recommend the traditional 'fish and chips' and the 'banana milkshake'. Yummo!!

Please don't expect high activity at this haven, as this place is strictly relaxation only. You will become an expert at dolphin, mantaray and jumping fish spotting. You may even decide to start counting ships in the distance but not much else. Perfect!
Hire a scooter, go for a walk, get a driver for the day to sightsee, or alternatively go snorkeling at the beaches of Amed or Tulamben if so inclined but don't think that all that action is at your immediate door step. That's thankfully not what this place is all about. I learned to chill here and that's something I'm not very good at, as my hubby would confirm.

I believe that the fact of so very few bungalows and the lovely bunch of other guests we encountered certainly added to our pleasant experience and I imagine it will be difficult to top this experience anywhere else. So at this stage we will stop searching for new adventures elsewhere, with us already planning our next trip back to the Batu Belah - East Bali Resort next year. If that next time only turns out half as good as this recent stay then we'd still be happy. See you soon Paradise Found.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple