“Wonderful place brilliant diving excellent service.”

Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Tulamben
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent 10 days here on a diving trip. The rooms were clean and quite well appointed. The food was excellent. Large variety which was well hooked and presented beautifully. Meals were served quickly with a smile from lovely staff. The diving was excellent. Local Balinese dive guides made sure we were all ok and met the differing needs of our group of 7. We saw heaps of different and special things. The tech staff ensured our gear was looked after and ready for each dive. All we had to do was turn up pick up our fins mask and weights and follow the porters who took our gear to the entry point for each dive.
I would fully recommend this resort for a holiday for divers or non divers.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 3, 2013

First of all, can I start by saying a big thank you to the team at Tauch Terminal for a fantastic stay in Tulamben. The staff - both resort and diving - were incredibly helpful, especially Roger and Andreas who were on hand to answer any questions about the diving and organized my diving program - the dive team made me feel very welcome, safe and in the hands of professionals. As a professional level diver myself I was impressed with the routines and practices that they have in place.

Tauch Terminal is undoubtedly the best situated dive center in Tulamben with the dive sites quite literally on your door step! The diving was organized and I found that the guides followed safe practices at all times. Upon arrival my equipment was packed away, my certification cards checked and liability releases were given to me to sign. It was explained to me that there should be no decompression diving, max depth 30meters and max dive time 1 hour - no solo diving allowed. Before every dive I was asked to verify my nitrox, there was a decent briefing which included a map and explanations about what we could expect to see. During the dives the guides regularly checked guests air and they were all great at spotting macro and larger marine life. I joined a couple of dives with relatively inexperienced divers and the guide made sure that they maintained good buoyancy and kept close together, with more experienced divers they had a good balance of keeping everyone together but without interfering unnecessarily.

The resort is beautiful with stunning gardens and again I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. When I checked in I was taken to my room and shown how the AC works and what the system is for room cleaning etc. There was useful information in the room about the resort and the information books around the common areas about the diving and day trips was a nice touch too, along with a good supply of fish identification books in the restaurant.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and there are several options to choose from - just what you need before a day in the water! The Liberty Wreck was phenomenal, especially when dived at night, but what made it that much better was going with guides who clearly knew the wreck inside out. I saw a lot of western dive guides in the area who were swimming past leaf scorpion fish, octopus and nudibranches without pointing them out - the guides I had did not miss a thing! They also asked photographers what they were hoping to see before the dive so that they could try and find specific things for them. I have returned home with an SD card packed of macro images - pygmy sea horses, ghost pipefish, dwarf lion fish, a huge array of nudibranches, shrimps of all different kinds, crabs and amazing critters that I cannot even name. Tauch Terminal will also take you out earlier than the other centers so you can enjoy the wreck in relative peace and quiet without other groups around - this is well worth doing and early in the morning it is more likely that you will see the resident Bumpheads before they head off for the day.

My stay at Tauch Terminal was perfect - a great mix of stress free, beautiful diving combined with a stunning resort where you feel that everything is being done for you and there is no pressure to do anything more than lay on a sunbed! There is also a Spa on site which provides excellent massages, the rooms all have good wifi, fridges, room safes and lots of storage space.

If you are going to dive in Tulamben - dive with Tauch Terminal - there really isn't another resort to compete with their location or standards.

Room Tip: Wake up early and see the sunrise over the ocean - Tauch Terminal have the best view for this. Ask f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank swormald
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Tauch Tulamben Resort is located about 2 to 2.5 hour drive from Ngurah Rai Airport and is right on the beach with snorkeling and diving are only steps away. The hotel is well managed with friendly staff and clean room. Bed linen and towels are clean.
Guests can borrow snorkeling equipments for free and snorkeling or diving are only steps from the hotel. Water sport staff are very friendly and helpful in teaching our kids how to use snorkeling equipments properly.
Although they are a bit expensive for local standard, meals at hotel are good. Breakfast comes with coffee/ tea, fresh squeezed juice, fresh fruits, and a choice of American, continental, or Indonesian breakfast.
Wifi at rooms 30 and 31 did not work well. It was on - off. The receptionist was not too responsive when asked about the wifi problem.

Room Tip: Choose rooms no 4, 5, 6, or 7 because they give the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andri_sw
Reviewed May 24, 2013

On our second visit we had great expectations , and this was fulfilled. The management. staff and dive guides were excellent, always helpful, and the food and service great. Rooms were very clean roomy and comfortable. Tauch Terminal is by the water and set in lovely gardens with two swimming pools.The diving here is well described by other reviews.We believe whilst it may be a little more expensive than other surrounding places, it is the best and worth every extra cent. We look forward to returning again- thank you TT and the Manager Andreas

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are on our second last day of our 7 night stay at this resort. I am impressed overall with the resort. The key positives we found are:
- fantastic helpful staff: my BCD was missing an O ring and Andreas had rigged up one so that I could continue diving. Other guests needed an extra memory card for cameras - again the staff went out of their way to find us some
- great food at a reasonable price: the menu has a mix of Western and Balinese food. We ate at other restaurants and the resort restaurant was definitely better for service and good for price. For sweet tooths, there is an icecream fridge in the restaurant containing a premium brand of icecream in a variety of flavours. I loved the Babi Kepcap, Balinese Nasi Goreng and the breakfast. Fresh fruit juices and Pineapple lassi were also a favourite. Staff at the restaurant were incredibly helpful and often remembered our food preferences (one person in our group loved the local chilli sauce and this was provided at every meal). We brought our own gin and the bar staff made sure we had plenty of glasses, ice and mixers.
- diving was superb. We dived the wreck at day and night, as well as coral gardens, drop off for coral walls, and muck diving in a few locations. Best variety of corals, shrimps, crabs, anemones, pipefish, goby fish, ..... I could go on and on and on
- dive service: the dive staff were so very helpful. Dive guides made sure that our small group of 4 photographers saw lots of different corals, critters and dive sites. One member of the group was injured and the dive guides carried gear into & out of the water. The resort caters for divers with a disability - an excellent service.
- spa: two of the group were frequent visitors to the day spa. A spa package including foot spa, back massage etc was 9 euro!
- the resort grounds are immaculate with flowering plants. The two swimming pools are warm, clean and close to the pool bar. The housekeeping staff kept our room fresh and clean for our stay.

Tomorrow we are off to Permuteran. I hope it is as good as the overall experience of staying at Tauch Terminal

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room on the ground floor. Best aspects were large rooms, cool airconditioning...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank skippytravel
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a 8 days trip around Bali and we stopped for 2 days in Tulamben. The TTT Tulamben tauch Terminal is a small but very nice hotel and diving center. We were accomodated to the top ( second) floor with a great view of the Bali sea and the Lombok island.
There is a good bar and restoran in the hotel wich delicious food and coctails.
I had 5 days in 2 days with different guides in the wreck U.S.A. T Liberty and the Coral garden.
These dive site are very convenients because only 50 meters from the TTT.

Room Tip: Please ask the 2nd floor rooms 67-68 are excellents.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janos H
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the largest resort and quite different from the other smaller traditional places to stay which are more like you would expect from a tiny village. The rooms are nice and clean and modern,
The swimming pool and garden bar are beautiful and right on the ocean front. Food is very good and staff are all frfeindly and speak good english.

This hotel is very popular with the Germans and its the only hotel that charges Euros instead of $US or Rupiah, Which makes it a lot more expensive than other optiions in town. The diving is also a lot more expensive. If you are a dive instructor, master or just experienced then you can hire tanks and equipment at the wreck site otherwise shop about localy but you dont need to dive with Tauch Terminal just because you stay there.

Room Tip: They surround the bar and swimming pool so theres not really much difference, The place is usually n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Scuba2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulamben
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA
Liberty Dive Resort
Liberty Dive Resort
#5 of 12 in Tulamben
Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa

Been to Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa? Share your experiences!