“Good resort top location”

Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Tulamben
Perth, Australia
“Good resort top location”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the largest resort and quite different from the other smaller traditional places to stay which are more like you would expect from a tiny village. The rooms are nice and clean and modern,
The swimming pool and garden bar are beautiful and right on the ocean front. Food is very good and staff are all frfeindly and speak good english.

This hotel is very popular with the Germans and its the only hotel that charges Euros instead of $US or Rupiah, Which makes it a lot more expensive than other optiions in town. The diving is also a lot more expensive. If you are a dive instructor, master or just experienced then you can hire tanks and equipment at the wreck site otherwise shop about localy but you dont need to dive with Tauch Terminal just because you stay there.

Room Tip: They surround the bar and swimming pool so theres not really much difference, The place is usually n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Scuba2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A Canadian woman said to me, "I have dived all over the world, and upon entry into the waters directly from the resort, I encounter fish I have never seen before.". I am a beginner, taking an open water scuba diving course and those words were encouraging.  It made me feel I had come to the right place.  The resort itself is amazing and for diving, you literally walk straight into the ocean.  Also only 5 minutes away is the USAT Liberty (sunken ship) wrapped in coral and marine life.  The resort is beautiful with two pools, bar, great view and a incredibly kind staff.  All knew me after one night's stay.  I also saw repeat customers.  The rooms are spacious, decorated in Balinese style.  I especially liked the open sitting area in the room and the private open deck outside the room for dining, sunbathing or reading.  The resort is ecofriendly.  If you need water, there is a thermos in the room and you refill it at the filtered water station by the bar.  I had a great time learning how to dive with an amazing instructor.  He is the kind of person you would like to be friends with.  I highly recommend a visit to the resort for relaxation or diving.  Apparently, from the Canadian, it is the best in the world.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank lianelau
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been there on 2010, and had some dives. It's beautiful and convient, and the staff is also very nice to everyone. The pool is clean, and food so so. Don't forget the sunset, that's the beautiful view in Tulamben.

Room Tip: The sea-side is more beautiful, and here is suitable for couples
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lindalove70
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I spent a lot of time at Tauch Terminal several years ago and had only great experiences at the resort. So, when we decided to go to East Bali, Tauch Terminal topped the list for places to stay. The staff was pleasant when we checked in, but as soon as we went to the room things took a turn for the worse. The room left a lot to be desired - dirty and there was not even a TV in the room despite this being advertised on their website. This was also the only hotel which did not provide bottled water for their guests out of all the hotels we stayed in. I think we met the manager of the property (whom I had corresponded with on email) and he barely said anything to us. He did not ask us our our stay was, he did not offer us any advice, etc....not very professional. Wayan, the bartender at the pool bar was amazing. Definitely spend time with him and let him design cocktails for you.

Finally, at our check-out, the staff had the charges completely wrong. I had prepaid a portion of the room (turns out, I had prepaid everything). I knew I had left a deposit but the staff kept telling me I was wrong. Then they came up with an excuse that the "main office" is closed so they were insisting on making me pay the entire cost. When I was finally able to show them my credit card statement on the computer and where they didn't charge me just a deposit but the cost of the entire stay, the "main office" was suddenly open so she could confirm this. Despite all of this, we did not even get an apology for the confusion. This is not the way to run a professional resort.

We'll be back in East Bali, but we are definitely not coming back to Tauch Terminal

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DoctorTrouble
Dresden, Germany
Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a diving instructor, I was very impressed with the organization of the dive center. Customers do not have to take care of any equipment nor must they carry it. The liberty wreck was an excellent dive site. The managers were very professional and cared for their resort in every detail! Including the beautiful grass that was manually cared for on a daily basis. You can see the German quality there. I'll definitely be back! Thanks for everything Andreas et Marcel.

Room Tip: Our was a deluxe bangalow. It was indeed of deluxe quality
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Globalnomad1970
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After arriving from Alaska for the 5th stop of our 3 week honeymoon trip in Bali, after looking at 3 rooms, decided on one that seemed the nicest of the 3.

I pulled down the bed cover to lay down for a few moments after a 6 hour journey to get here from the Ubud area, and was appalled to see something yellow coming through the white bottom sheet, turns out the mattress pad was stained yellow with brownish reddish spots. Then manager was rude and acted like he could not be bothered and said to turn it over and remake the bed. "I almost threw up, and my husband turned even pale". The whole property looks nothing like the Trip Advisor pics, as it is beautiful in the pix and run down when you arrive. The whole experience was creepy, disgusting and I recommend finding somewhere else.

You cannot beat the location, however, but they need to totally redo their rooms with new furniture, linens, and spruce up their entire property or take current pictures.

We ended up staying at Liberty Dive Resort and had the most amazing experience with friendly, professional staff, a clean room, and wonderful dives. Read my review on there of their place!

Tauch Terminal did end up refunding us our deposit, and after several emails pleading my case with my booking person, Windi did come and meet us before departing and paid us, then I finally got an apology email form the rude German manager, inviting to dine there - HA - I would not eat a banana still in its peel form this place.

Take my advice and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wild-wahine
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great resort mainly for divers! The beautiful wreck of the US Liberty is almost in front of the resort so can be dived before guests from other resorts arrive!! Tip: go there very early morning before breakfast, be in het water by 7 am and you'll have the best chance of having the wreck to yourself.

Dive system that works well; you can choose to dive with a guide at one of the 5 stated times or go as a buddy pair at any desired time. Friendly staff, nice set up with 2 pools and great rooms, all with sea view. There's is not a lot to do around the resort but there are several Indonesian restaurants on the road within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie1234_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulamben
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA
#4 of 12 in Tulamben
Mimpi Resort Tulamben
Mimpi Resort Tulamben
#8 of 12 in Tulamben

Been to Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa? Share your experiences!