Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa
Liberty Dive Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$42
$40
Akasa Villa(Tulamben)
$30
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$19
$18
Agoda.com
$21
$19
Agoda.com
$102
TripAdvisor
Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$15
  • Pool
Scuba Seraya Resort(Tulamben)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdive centrepool barliberty wreckoceanfront viewlike swimming in an aquariumyoungest sonsoft and hard coralsour night staysunken shipwifi works wellwake up earlyblack tipwalk straightgreat snorkelingrelaxing staydive masterpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The resort is a wonderful little place just next to the famous USAT Liberty Wreck. The diving center crew was very nice and helpful, good guides and they took care of our equipment very carefully. The rooms were clean with nice furniture and they all had ocean view. If possible take a room on the upper floor, they have these sofa-balconies on the balconies which is very cool to relax. The spa is small but very good and cheap, I went there to get my 10 Dollar massage almost every day.
I was not really convinced with the food, it was good though but nothing special and we only had breakfast in the hotel and a balinese buffet one evening but apart from that we went just outside the hotel to some of the restaurants there. I would not recommend this for non-divers as there is really nothing to do for them. Plus be aware there is no sandy beach and getting in and out of the water is quite tricky due to the rocks and waves.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tina_ZH
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a well run and pleasant resort that has comfortable rooms and decent shore diving right on its doorstep. The wreck needs no introductions and being able to dive it at 8am before the crowds is a major plus point. The other dive sites are average by comparison but a night dive on the wreck justifies staying here for a night. We stayed here for 3 nights and, despite very mediocre and overpriced food, we were very happy with the service and how easy the diving was.

Unfortunately, the last day's diving was when it all went wrong. My wife had taken a day off from diving so they'd taken her equipment apart and given it to other guests. When she decided to do one last dive before we left, unbeknownst to us, they had run out of their own equipment and rented some from outside the resort. The regulator my wife was using packed up half way through the dive, and she had to use my octopus and go straight to the surface. She was panicked and really distressed. The divemaster then told us that the reg had come from outside the resort and hadn't been tested. I complained to the manager and he apologised but took no ownership of the fact that it was equipment that he had rented to us that was faulty. We were still charged in full for the dive, which wasn't cheap, and the manager told my wife to dive again as soon as she could to lose the fear. Well, I'm afraid you've got to do better than that as the manager of the resort.

So despite 3 days of comfort and pleasant diving, the experience of our last day, using faulty equipment, really soured it for us. My wife hasn't wanted to dive since, and I hold Tauch Terminal responsible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank losmochileros
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Tauch Terminal really is a diving terminal. You can dive all day long on great dive sites on fixed times, which is a great way of spending your day (diving, lying in the sun and so on). We made some beautiful dives here (go to Palung Palung!). The resort is also nice, although we had an old room which was a bit run down (don't pick room 8 & 9!).

During a night dive a diving accident happened to me. Without doing anything, my BCD inflated itself (for no reason it broke down, and I already dived with it two times that day!). I made an emergency ascend which can be pretty dangerous (decompression sickness etc.). It also stressed me out very much! The guide who was with us acted very indifferent and didn't comfort me or checked how I was doing. He even wanted to go back down with my boyfriend!!! When we went back to the hotel he walked a 100 meters in front of us instead of staying close making sure I was fine. I think this is absolutely not the way of dealing with this kind of things. Luckily we weren't down for too long and too deep, so I turned out to be fine.

The guides who work here dive this dive sites every day several times. This has as a result that they are not excited to do it, it's really like a manufactury. They also don't seem to know what to do when something happens. For that reason I would advice you to absolutely take your own pace to make sure you and your equipment are ok while you prepare for the dive, because they want to run the most efficient process...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, the resort is super expensive, alle prices are in Euro's and you even have to pay for the wifi. Food was fine, room was really nice.

But I came there for diving, really close to the wreck. I took the unlimited dives a day package, did 4 dives. Got 4 different divemasters, none of them bothered to do buddychecks.

Oh, and don't forget to check your bill, we got 4 bills for food, drinks, room and diving, 3 of them where wrong (in their favor off course).

Don't stay here, do yourself a favor and go to a nicer place in Amed. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hsl020
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I got a special internet offer of a 5 night B and B stay, with 10 shore dives and return transfer from anywhere in Bali for a very good price.

Pick up from the airport was efficient and the drive, whilst long was very interesting. Tulamben was very quiet and the resort even quieter, with only three rooms occupied on the first couple of nights. After a little bit of negotiation I managed to move from the older block by the restuarant to a far newer and better room by the dive centre.

I had a wonderfully relaxing stay. The accomodation is absolutely beautiful: a large perfectly appointed and beautifully furnished room with decking leading onto the the garden , the pool and the sea beyond was fantastic to wake up to every morning.

The dive arrangement was great , all of the equipment was prepared and rinsed by the guides. All of the other guests were from Germany and being very experienced divers they did self-guided dives on the Liberty wreck and the sites in front of the resort. This meant that for virtually all of the dives I did it was just me and a guide. It was such a treat to have the wreck and the reefs virtually to ourselves and to have 60 minute plus dives every time. The guides were incredibly cheerful and kind and helpful, and we saw so many beautiful creatures. I did 4 night dives on the wreck which were fantastic, we saw the bumphead parrotfish heading out for the night, more coming back into the wreck for the night , others falling asleep , and more waking up ! Other highlights were the four relatively friendly black tipped sharks in residence on the reef opposite the resort, massive groupers inside the wreck and a cute turtle posing on the wreck's coral-covered gun.

After the night dives I often had a 10 USD massage on the terrace under the starlight from one of several lovely massage ladies.

If anything could have been a little better, then perhaps the food might have been a teeny weeny little bit better, but the menu was very varied and the service was incredibly fast. However the resort is in a very isolated area and the standard of accomodation, the wonderful diving and the lovely staff more than made up.

After 5 lovely days of Balinese sunshine . relaxing, pampering and diving with wonderful marine creatures, I was dropped off at Sanur, truly feeling like a new me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer block by the dive centre.The rooms on the ground floor have beautiful decks with sunbeds and umbrellas.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo