“Dreamy and affordable,nearby scuba diving” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Minabali Bunga'lo
Ranked #4 of 14 Tulamben B&B and Inns
Shokan, New York
“Dreamy and affordable,nearby scuba diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

This 5 bungalow haven, with clean modern design provided a getaway in a sweet walled compound.
Sara and Nico set a relaxed, welcoming tone and are helpful but also give you privacy. There is a beautiful pool, the rooms have large open air ensuite bathrooms.
It's a great affordable place to stay especially if you are diving the Tulemben waters to see the Liberty wreck dive. This is the best place to stay in town.

1 Thank Maria D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Minabali Bunga'lo for 5 nights from 21st to 25th Feb, we wished we could have stayed forever !
We were given a super friendly welcome from Sara and Nina (the dog!) and felt immediately relaxed.
Mniabali is a very peaceful and tranquil place to stay on the edge of Tulamben but with a comfortable walk into the town. An excellent and varied breakfast, great lunch menu and a fixed evening menu. The food was so good we never felt the need to eat anywhere else! The gardens are beautiful with a lovely pool, the rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean.
I would highly recommend Nico as a professional, safe and fantastic dive instructor.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I just spent a week at Minabali and it was fantastic. We were the only guests there so we enjoyed the pool, our small villa and the gardens without interruption! Even if other guests had been there, it still would have been blissful and relaxing as there are spots for only 10 people on the property. Besides the lovely setting, the staff was the best thing about Minabali (and Nina the dog!). They took care of us very well - literally when my husband and I got scraped up in a motorbike fall. Breakfasts were wonderful and included in the price and we ate dinner there almost every night. There isn't much going on in Tulamben but diving, but we felt we didn't have to venture out to get good Balinese food at a good price as it was right on our doorstep! Rooms are spacious and have awesome bathrooms (2 sinks) and they are cleaned everyday. The only minor annoyances are mosquitoes (about 1/4 of the roof of the bathroom is open to the outside which is beautiful but lets the "creatures" in) and that one morning I had cereal for breakfast and when asked if I wanted another bowl, I said yes and was charged for a double breakfast without knowing (but it was only an extra $2 or something so not worth complaining about.) I highly recommend this piece of heaven!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Great place to stay. Friendly and helpful staff, nice and clean rooms, good food and reasonably priced! There are five rooms, which is perfect for the size of the compound. The only minus I can think of is the fact that is it a bit outside of the actual town (but still within walking distance). Even this can be seen as a plus. Definitely would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kirkkonummi, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We arrived to Minabali late in the evening after long flight with two small childrens and 3 hours drive, dead tired and hungry... I thought I had died and arrived to the heaven!
We got the warmest well coming we could imaging, we felt like we would have arrived to visiting our friend in stead of coming to a hotel.
Hosts Sara and Nico where lovely as the whole staff of Minabali, they took really good care of us the whole time and filled up all our special reguests.

We where traveling around Bali for 6 weeks with childrens and the youngest one was only 6 months old so we needed some special treatment and support. I booked all hotels and dive centers beforehand and and Sara in Minabali getsfull 10 points for how she took care of everything from the beginning, from baby food shopping to organizing our day trips and ordering doctors and special foods for our sick children... thank you Sara. She also informed me in the first email that don´t worry, Nico will take care of organizing your dives, and so he did. we where picked up and brougth back to Minabali after every dive, thank you Nico and Dive Consept.

We highly recommend Minabali, you can not find a better place to stay in the area!

Absolutely value for money!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Mina Bali Bungalow was such an amazing place! The staff and management was amazingly accommodating and nice. They helped with transportation every day to our dive center, booked a tour for us last minute, and had great breakfast every morning. They were very accommodating when we told the staff that we are vegetarians and made vegetarian options for meals every night. On our last night, the staff set up an amazing romantic meal for my boyfriend and I near the pool with candle light, flowers, and even set up music for us to enjoy a private romantic meal, which was delicious spaghetti.

The room was gorgeous and the outdoor bathroom was really nice, everything got cleaned everyday. Couldn't ask for more.
Overall, it was just perfect. I would recommend it to anyone and it's a great price!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Minabali for 3 wonderful nights at the end of December. As soon as I arrived I felt wonderfully relaxed. The size of this place - only 5 rooms - feels perfect. My room was fantastic with everything I needed and more. The hosts, Sara and Nico, were lovely, and I enjoyed the evening meals with them and other guests. It turned out Nico was also a dive instructor, and organised an advanced course for me through Dive Concept, which was also excellent. If you're looking for a quiet oasis of luxury while on a diving/snorkelling trip to Tulamben then look no further. I hope to return one day.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kerrie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulamben
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA
Liberty Dive Resort
Liberty Dive Resort
#4 of 12 in Tulamben
Ocean Sun Dive Resort Tulamben

Been to Minabali Bunga'lo? Share your experiences!