Review Highlights

Value and expertise

Nicjane15
Cairns Region, Australia
via mobile

All reviews these guys liberty wreck diving center breakfast included great diving banana pancakes comfortable diving via email my girlfriend fish fantastic guide felt safe diving experience special thanks his team recommend this place marine life
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The primary purpose of our stay in Tulamben was for a freediving course. But on our last day, we decided to take advantage of our time in Bali for a couple scuba dives.
We were staying at Toyabali Resort (amazing, by the way), and Aqua Dive Paradise is the dive shop they have affiliated with.
A representative of the Aqua Dive Paradise visited the resort upon request to explain their offering.
We arranged to do an early dive at sunrise, followed by a second dive. A divemaster met us at our resort at 5:45 am and we walked to the dive shop (only a few minutes away).
They efficiently sized us up for rental equipment and assembled our BCDs on the tanks. They made sure that we tested the air and pressure before they carried the equipment to the dive site. For the second dive, further down the shore, they drove us with our equipment in a pick-up truck.
The briefing was thorough and clear.
We dove the Liberty wreck, followed by the Drop Off. Both are shore dives and entry/exit was easy.
Our divemaster, Tom, was great underwater, pointing out a multitude of small critters.
On our Liberty wreck dive, we saw spotted garden eels, green humphead parrotfish, anemone with clownfish, soft coral, a mantis shrimp, tiny flounders, lots of large sea stars, lots of crinoids, small tropical fish, tunicates.
At the Drop Off, the highlight was probably the endless sightings of nudibranchs, ranging in size from only a few millimeters to a couple inches. Other sightings included a pygmy seahorse (it was tiny!), more sea stars, a massive fan coral (2-3 meters in diameter), napoleonfish, a leaf scorpionfish, a large porcupinefish, and a fishball circled by a few tuna.
Overall, a great experience and one of the more organized dive shops I've seen.

Kadek S, Manager at Aqua Dive Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Matthew C

thank you for sharing your good diving experience with aqua dive paradise tulamben, we really glad to hear that and we hope you will be back in next vacation in bali and do more fun dive with us in tulamben bali

all the best from aqua dive paradise team.
kadek

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We drove 3hrs from Ubud to reach Tulamben to dive the USAT Liberty wreck after hearing how got it was! We looked on TripAdvisor and this company had the best reviews and no wonder why!
Amazing local staff - we are all for supporting locals where ever possible. Although the visibility wasn’t the best due to the full moon our dive master Gede stayed nice and close and we still saw heaps of fish and so so many nudibranchs!!
We did 2 dives and it was 825,000 rupiah or $50 US dollars so cheap! You leave straight from the beach, or a short car drive for other sites. The price includes water, coffee and tea and lunch (noodle or rice dish). Amazing value and excellent local guides, they offer lockers for all your gear and are very genuine.
Highly recommend this dive company and the sites!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the best diving spots we have seen in Asia. Liberty wreck, drop-off, coral garden, seraya secrets...Paradise for macro diving. Team was very professional regarding safety and guiding. We really had fun. Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I went there for 3 different dives on 2 days and two instructors. Great briefing every time. Material is state of the art. The diving spots were very rich, colourful, plenty of different fish species and very well preserved corals. If you love tiny animals like nudibranch or seahorses it will be paradise for you. Many photographers have a blast there. One of my best dives ever. The wreck is really something. Plus it’s local people, you sustain the local economy while working with them. Good price, that included coffee/tea, transportation (from and to Amed) and even a lunch between the 2 dives. Congrats Made-Ga and your staff, you are running a great business here. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We arrived as a couple to the center and experienced to most heartwarming, friendliest but absolute professional attitude so far.

Me as a beginner, boyfriend as an advanced diver visted the wreck and the Drop off sites. Two dive masters (Nyoman and Yogi) made it possible to dive at different depths so they were really flexible and made us absolutely satisfied :)

Corals and marine life was breathtaking, colourful fishes and a giant turtle made it unforgettable.

Price was reasonable (total 130 usd for 2 per 2 dives, beatiful photos included) ; helpful and friendly athmosphere was priceless :)

Highly recommended!!

Many thanks

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Today was my second time diving with Aqua Dive Paradise in the past two years!! I would highly recommend this shop if you are looking to dive the USSAT Liberty or in Tulamben. Safety is a top priority, but hospitality is a very close second! Wayan is the man, he’s a amazing guide with phenomenal eyes for spotting little creatures like the pygamy seahorse and other marine creatures that most people wouldn’t find. My brother is a beginner with only a handful of dives, he felt very comfortable. You will be in great hands diving with this team. Have fun, be safe and enjoy the diving! Thanks again Wayan, you the man brother!!

Reviewed October 6, 2018

I visited Bali this September and read about Tulamben diving. I contacted several places via email and Aquadive was prompt and helpfu.l Kadek and Alex were great helping me plan my dives, where to stay and getting me around.

I first decided to spend 2 days. I ended up staying 3 nights, and in fact I was lucky enough to return for 2 more dives the following week. My friends could not believe my experience and had to go try it themselves!

If you are marine life geek like me Aquadive Paradise is the people you need to go diving with. Maybe you have a bucket list of animals you wish to see in your life. I do, so I asked my dive master Wayan Suartana to help me find them.

I was able to see frog fish, scorpion leaf fish, pigmy seahorses, ghost pipe fish and all sorts of nudibranchs to name a few! If your not a geek - it doesn´t matter!- they will teach you and show you the smallest to the biggest creature and make sure you have a great time.

Wayan was an expert, local, safe and super fun divemaster. For what I could see, every single divemaster at Aquadive strives to deliver the best, safe and fun experience for you. There are many dive centers in every hotel and I saw many groups of divers in the water scrambling with 6-8 people in the water. Be sure that this wont be like it. They take a maximum of 3-4 divers in the water and you get the best personal experience ever!

If you travel alone like I was, they make you feel like family. They go the extra mile for you and their prices are great! Plus the tea, coffee and banana pancakes they give you after a morning dive are the best!

I highly recommend going to Tulamben for muck and macro dives, The Liberty Wreck, The Drop Off, Seraya and coral gardens are just some of the best dive sites the offer. I could spend a month here. Aquadive has very affordable rooms right at the dive center and literally one block from the ocean. They rent you great underwater cameras and help you take the best shots!

If you are traveling alone or with a group, pay a visit to this local dive center and experience the best dives Tulamben has to offer!!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

I dove both the coral gardens and uss liberty with aqua paradise. We drove through from seminyak unannounced and the staff were very accommodating on our arrival. All equipment was in good condition and the staff were great. The uss liberty was amazing and a must do for any level diver.. would definitely recommend this place if you are looking to do some scuba diving or snorkelling in that area. Thanks for the great time.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

I spent 3 days in Tulamben and thanks to our hotel I found this place. They have been very kind, professional. I can really recommend this place to all people want to be introduce into the wonderful world of diving or experts that want someone with high capabilities that can show them all the beautiful things around Tulamben.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Been diving in Bali for the last two weeks and can honestly say diving with these guys has been the best , not only did I see the most amazing creatures but you get a real one on one experience! They take you where you want to go and show you what you want too see . Nothing was ever a problem , the dive masters were all enthusiastic and very helpful. The equipment was the best I’ve had in Bali by far and the cost was very reasonable compared to the rest of Bali. If you love diving and are going to Bali you would be crazy not to go to tulamben it’s awsome and very easy diving , I’ve done about 300 dives and the drop off is as good as anywhere, saw a harlequin shrimp, ghost pipe fish ,Pygmy sea horse, leaf scorpion fish and a 2m bump head on my first dive there ,all thanks to the guys at Bali dive Paradise . If you give them a call Alex will pick you up from anywhere no problem trust my they were great! Gez green enjoy!