“Ok, but there is better in the village”
Review of Wayan Restaurant

Wayan Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Tulamben
Cuisines: International
Description: I stayed in Tulamben for over a week and was amazed to see that on Trip Advisor only one restaurant is in the listings. I would like to add some restaurants in Tulamben to help future visitors to choose where to heat
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The service was not the best. TV blaring out and rush to finish meal because they wanted to close early as they had no other diners.

Food ok, but to be honest had much nicer else where.
Visited here due to the reports on TA, but was not impressed. Did not go back for a 2nd visit,

1  Thank CarterFamily5

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was not too impressed with the quality of the food here. Don't get me wrong, it also applies to all other establishments in the whole area of Tulamben. The food is average at most, and what astonishes me is the price. I ordered roast pork and my partner ordered nasi campur, both are not impressive and you can get much better food in Kuta for a better price. $4/meal +10% tax charged at the end of your bill is something you would not expect in a village so remote like Tulamben.
On the positive side, the staffs are friendly and patient. We also didn't have to wait so long for the food to be served.
Given other restaurants and cafes are no better than this place, In my opinion Wayan restaurant is still the place to go if you are in this area since you basically have no other choice to go to. Just don't expect anything fancy here.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

While staying at the Mimpi Resort we were searching for better food & service during our stay here. Well, we found it at the Wayan! The food was wonderful, the ambiance was there and the service...what can I say...we were pampered and our every wish was taken care of! Great job Wayan, after the terrible Mimpi, this was what we needed to boost our spirits & tummies!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Prices are competitive, but skip the Bebek Betutu (boiled duck) which must be ordered a day in advance. Typical standard of food in this area - nothing to shout about.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The power was out but the food was cooking! Great food, the menus around town are identical, but the food here was good and the value excellent. They had a TV which people seemed to like, but I was content reading a book and no one rushed me out when I was finished eating.