We stayed here for 2 weeks and had a great time! We came here mainly for diving but also being parents to a three year old we were a bit worried wether this would be the right place for a family holiday. We didn’t need to worry, the family cottage had plenty of room for all of us and the resort offered us to look after our daughter (at no cost!!!!) so we could go diving together. Staff are all well trained, incredibly (child) friendly and attentive, so we felt comfortable leaving for while. A big thanks to Coman and all the other lovely girls who were always prepared and ready for a little play with our daughter.
The resort provides for everything you need for a relaxed holiday, welcoming and warm atmosphere, clean and modern rooms (although bathroom could do with a bit of an update), beautifully manicured gardens, two pools with sun chairs, lovely staff and a restaurant with yummy food. We loved the Indonesian dishes, but try the pizzas too, one of the best we’ve ever tasted!
Diving is amazing, certainly one of the best in Bali. Our guide Mega spotted everything and showed us many creatures that would have been hidden to our eyes. Great place for macro photographers. Mega looked after us, set up our gear, got it ready for transport, excellent service. There is no dive schedule, your guide follows your schedule and you can dive whenever and how often you like. The wreck is only a few minutes walk to the beach, but there are plenty other amazing dive spots within a few minutes drive. We stayed for two weeks here and could have dived in three different spots every day. it’s well worth staying a bit longer, although most people only seem to stay a few days. The wreck is spectacular but I wouldn’t want to miss all the other places we have seen.
The countryside around Tulamben is one of the last unspoilt areas in Bali, so it’s well worth taking a driver an go for a sightseeing tour, see some fishing villages, temples and beautiful rice terraces. Ask in the Hotel for Ricky, he runs a local family transport business and will take you anywhere it’s worth going or wherever you like.
A great place for a holiday, we’ll certainly come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive Resort in the heart of Tulamben, Bali. Close to the USAT Liberty Shipwreck. We have 32 clean air-conditioned rooms ranging from Standard Resort Rooms through Deluxe, Family & Luxury Garden Cottages, all with ensuite bathrooms. Three large swimming pools in a quiet garden setting. New large restaurant and dive preparation areas. Join our Underwater Photo friendly dive guides to see and photograph the best of Tulamben's dive sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Liberty Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Dive Hotel Tulamben
- Liberty Dive Resort Tulamben, Bali