Bali Dive Resort and Spa(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Breakfast included
Bluehill Resort Tulamben(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$20
KajaNe Tulamben(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$79
$97
Ocean View Dive Resort Tulamben(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$45
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $58/night.

Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
$21
$13
Agoda.com
$60
$54
Minabali Bunga'lo(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsgarden cottagedive resortrestaurant staff aresecond homestandard roomgreat divingspecial thanksrocky beachldrlibertywayanpoolsgearmegamassagewreckbali
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights with some friends and had a wonderful time.

Dive guides were very helpful and professional. As a beginner diver (4 dives), I felt very safe with them. One memorable moment was when my guide opened his mouth to let a cleaning shrimp clean his teeth!

Location is superb as you only need to walk 2 mins to get to the beach for the Liberty shipwreck shore entry. I had some trouble entering and exiting the shore due to the occassional large waves and big rocky beach. Boots are a must!

Room, facilities and restaurant were decent for what we paid for and the service was outstanding. Pak Wayan, the manager was very efficient and quick to respond with email communications pre and post our stay.

The only minor issues we had were:
1. something fast and furry (possibly a mouse) bit my husband on the toe one night when he got up to go to the bathroom. Next morning, we found what looked like a mouse dropping to confirm its existence. We stayed on the ground floor. But otherwise, the hotel is clean and tidy.
2. There was an error with our bill on checking out. Someone else's restaurant bill was included in ours and one of our restaurant bills were left out. It got resolved quickly and efficiently though.

On the whole, I would stay here again and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: This hotel recently increased their room numbers by 10. Ask for one of their new rooms. Their cottage (max 4 pax) is very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We booked this hotel for 2 nights from Seminyak based on the excellent reviews I had read on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The reservation was smooth and Wayan was always quick to reply to my emails. We asked for a driver and he picked us up on time. We had requested a family room and got a large room with 2 king size and 1 queen size bed. There is a nice garden and swimming pool and the restaurant is very good. As we have little experience with snorkelling, we asked for a guided tour and Jhon was very helpful. I am not a good swimmer and do not feel at ease in the water, but I had a life jacket and Jhon was very encouraging. There are lots of coloured fish to see and my husband and son enjoyed snorkelling around the USS Liberty.
The only reason why I have not given 5 stars for this accommodation is the fact that there is no electronic safe in the room and no safe deposit box at the reception. We were told that we could lock our valuables in the wardrobe. Better safe than sorry is my motto, so we couldn't snorkel all together, one of us had to survey our belongings which was a pity.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights, and 4 days of diving in June 2011. The manager Wayan was very helpful and accommodating when we were booking our dive package. Wayan arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport, and then transfer us to our next resort. The facilities were excellent, well kept and very clean. The rooms were big, and comfortable. The restaurant served good food, and the staff were great. Wireless access was available for free in the restaurant area. The diving was fantastic, our dive guide Wayan found most of the things we had on our wish list, and was extremely helpful with suggesting sites to visit, and nothing was too much trouble. Nitrox was included for free. All the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to make sure your visit was enjoyable. We will come back to stay here, and next time we'll stay longer.

Room Tip: The resort is close to the main room, so earplugs would be handy
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

What a great relaxing holiday we just had. Resort is locally built, owned and operated and it's like staying in someone's home as a welcome guest. Staff and dive guides are awesome and extremely friendly and genuine. They make you feel like a family member. Rooms are spacious and cheap, lovely pool for lounging and on site restaurant. That is cheap and very cheerful . Great food but don't expect gourmet cooking.

Tulumban has to be one of the best shore dive sites in the world. Only 100m from the resort. You take your mask and fins and the dive guides take care of the rest. 32% nitrox or air is available using 12 litre steel tanks. And you can hire full kit if you want it.

The USS Liberty is only 25m out from the shore but there are many other coral garden, drop off and drift dives available within 5 mins of the resort.

The village is a 5 min walk away with a local supermarket, 4 or 5 bars and restaurants and a couple of shops. Everyone is very, very friendly and helpful .... Even the local dogs (but don't risk patting them)

So if your looking for a holiday that is quiet, relaxing where you get to interact with the locals with great diving or snorkeling on your doorstep, Liberty is the place to go.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool and are very good
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John K
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had just received my diving certification and was so amped up on diving that I made a unplanned one day trip to Tulamben. Despite the fact that it takes 3 hours from Seminyak and there's nothing in the town to speak of, it still was an incredible experience. The hotel is very close to the beach - you just have to walk down the driveway if you're diving the wreck, otherwise they provide transport to other locations. I'm not sure if it was because it was the low season or if they always provide one on one instruction but I was lucky to have my own guide, which was really helpful since I was a new diver and still didn't feel that comfortable in the water. Dodi was my instructor and despite his limited English (and my non-existent Indonesian), I understood all of his communication underwater and felt very safe with him. The wreck is so close that you can get to it from a shore dive and it's well worth diving there two or three times. The drop-off point was also very cool - it felt like I was swimming in a giant aquarium (or a real-life Finding Nemo). "Resort" is a bit of a misnomer (the Oceans View down the street is more of a luxury resort but it's also twice the price) but if all you were looking for was a clean, comfortable place to rest your head between dives, LDR is an excellent value. Free Nitrox and discounts on multiple dives were a big plus.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo