What a wonderful experience we had at Matahari Tulamben! My wife and I are underwater photographers and this was our third trip to Bali. We love diving the Tulamben area and found Matahari to be ideally located to explore the various dive sites in and around Tulamben. Tulamben has a great mix of wide angle sites with the Liberty wreck, Tulamben wall, and coral gardens, but is really outstanding for the number of muck diving sites with opportunities for macro and super macro photography. You will see as many rare small creatures here as you can find anywhere.
The service at Matahari was wonderful, from the house staff, to the restaurant, to the dive center, and the spa, everyone went out of their way to make our stay a real joy.
We choose Matahari's 14 day/13 night dive package and it is a great package I can recommend to anyone. We were surprised at first that there was no boat diving included, as our previous experiences at dive resorts in Tulamben had been primarily boat diving from local junkung (fishing boats.) But Matahari is within short walks to most of the Tulamben dive sites and all are easy shore dives (Liberty wreck, Tulamben drop off, Tulamben wall, coral gardens etc.) Your equipment is carried to the site for you so there are no long treks all geared up. For dives outside of the immediate area, car transportation is provided and again your gear is delivered to the shore for you. I also have to compliment Yansu, our dive guide, he was gracious, attentive, and amazing at finding the rare macro subjects we came to photograph. We have been diving many, many places, and Yansu is one of the most pleasant and genuine people we have ever had the pleasure to dive with.
Suci, the owner, was great at helping us with all our questions in the planning stages of our trip before we arrived. She responds to emails quickly, and checked in with us many times while we were there to make sure all was as we hoped.
The food and service at the restaurant were great. There is a wide selection on the menu and the quality was consistently good.
The spa was wonderful as well. My wife went for the harmony treatment and was so impressed and delighted. The massages were amazing too.
The room was spacious and very clean, adjoining a lovely garden with lounge chairs and hammocks under the mango trees. We would even come back here with family and our grandbaby as there is a family bungalow and Suci keeps Matahari child friendly.
Overall a really great value for the price and a wonderful place to stay and dive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali