My husband and I started our Bali trip at the Matahari Resort a few weeks ago. Our stay was very nice, the food excellent/well priced. We did the full day dive package which we both loved. The service was really great. A couple of things to consider though:
1. We flew in about 5 pm but where picked up about 2 hours later by the resort driver. If you have a driver scheduled for your trip, it may be more convenient/timely to have him take you to the resort. For us, we had to call several times to the resort to see what the issue was. We were told several times that the driver was at the near by Starbucks, waiting (we were told in an email and the first phone call that the driver will meet up as the arrival terminal with our names on a sign). When we got to the Starbucks, it was another 45 mins and a phone call for the driver to actually arrive. I've read that this may be an issue on another review.
This is not placing blame on the resort or the driver. Just an FYI. The traffic in the city is terrible and the driver from Tulamben has a three hour drive to the airport so he/she can not predict the condition of the traffic or roads. This is why it may be more convenient to have a local driver pick you up.
2. The accommodations are budget but pleasant. We stayed just one day to do the full day dive package. Outside the resort, there is just one main road with shops along both sides. Besides diving, there isn't much else to do. If we didn't do the full day divining, I could see us staying another day to do a dive or two and relax/read. The resort has a great café, a small pool, and an overall nice vibe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali