“Best Accomodation in Bali”

Cicada Luxury Townhouses
Ranked #10 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“Best Accomodation in Bali”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at the Cicada Villas I was amazed.

A colleague from Melbourne had recommended the villas to us for myself and my partner to stay for 5 days.

We arrived a little early to check in, were given a welcome drink and cool towel on arrival and went and had some lunch in seminyak. The check in went smoothly and the staff were so friendly.

After lunch we arrived back to the villa to be taken to our beautiful rooftop suite where our luggage had already been delivered and the air con was on. I have never seen such a beautiful suite in my life - massive pool that gets the sun all day (the other villas would only get sun for some of the day I would imagine) the rooms are beautiful and the outdoor bathroom was stunning.

Our private butler then ran us through the breakfast menu and advised they come in every morning and prepare breakfast for you.

Every morning we woke up and breakfast was laid out beautifully in the kitchen. The staffs friendliness was amazing and everywhere we saw them they had the biggest smiles!

Ria in particular one night when we wished to order in room dining the chef had to attend to an ill family member - Ria ordered takeaway for us and brought it to her room.

In room dining was just as good if not better than the surrounding restaurants.

The deck and petinget serve good western food for reasonable prices. Other than that I would definitely recommend the in room dining!

The living room you can walk through and pick up some bargains, get involved and Negotiate as I got three bags for half the price I was initially quoted for one!

The airport transfer went so smoothly with a very friendly driver and on the day of check out Ria advised we could stay in our room until nearly 2pm which made our last day so much better.

Also must mention they tidy your room up a minimum of twice a day - it was so nice to come back from lunch and dinner and everything just have that special touch - cicada your staff are amazing - book yourself if you are in a couple the roof top suite - it gets sun all day -

I will be returning and recommending to everyone. Thanks again we had a wonderful time nd cicada is the best villa we have EVER stayed in!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jdt1986
CicadaManagement, General Manager at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Well...now that's what we like to hear ! THANK YOU !

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review

We wish to extend our gratitude for your support of our work and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us

Your review is noted and will be passed down to the staff for their acknowledgement of your kind words and appreciation of their services

Executive Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Adelaide
Reviewed September 29, 2013

After seeing great reviews for Cicada, we decided to book a Rooftop Suite. From the first email to Cicada, right through the leaving, the service was fantastic. They really couldn't do enough for you. Everyone was so friendly and so helpful.

The location is fantastic. It's a short walk to the beach, near Petitinget, Sarong, La Lucciola restaurants all within easy walking distance and Grocer & Grind and Seminyak Square about 15 mins walk away.

Now, the villa itself......awesome! There was a large plunge pool and a sundeck with sun chair outside. Inside is a spacious lounge and kitchen area with a dining table. There’s even a surround sound system. Then seperate to the lounge/dining area is the large bedroom with a very comfortable king size bed. There was huge bathroom too. We were so pleased we choose to stay here.

Each day breakfast was brought to our villa and we enjoyed all the different breakfasts we tried.

We even got a free hour long massage each in our villa. It was a nice touch!

Cicada ticks all the boxes and then some. We will definitely be back. We highly recommend the Cicada!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CicadaManagement, General Manager at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this review, September 29, 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 14, 2013

What a fabulous apartment complex. After our nightmare visit last year where we stayed at the  Amala  for our honeymoon,  this year's visit to Seminyak has started in outstanding  style by staying at the Cicada ( with the added bonus of being $150 a  night cheaper!!)   We rented the Junior Suite which was a spacious 160+ sqm in floor space over two levels. The pool was divine and a welcome treat to start the day and to relax in after being out and about sightseeing. The staff couldn't be faulted, they were very welcoming and accommodated our every need over our 5 day stay. Breakfast was a delight and we tried something new everyday.  We loved that the location was so close to all our favorite haunts like  Potato Head; KuDeTa and Lalucciola and there a couple of new ones to add to the list ( Woo Bar @ the W and Luke Mangans new tapas bar SALT at the end of our lane less than 500m away at the Sentosa- we hardly used taxis at all apart for a  trip further afield to Jimbaran Bay where the staff organized a driver to take us to The Ayana and fabulous Rock Bar overlooking the ocean.  Our stay ended with a complimentary in house massage before we left  to travel to Tanah Lot for the second part of our trip where we stayed at Nirwana. A big thank you to the wonderful staff at Cicada we throughly enjoyed our visit and will highly recommend to all our friends. Denise & Jasin

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is behind the 3 brm villa and only gets sun on the pool at certain times which was...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CicadaManagement, General Manager at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Well, Thank you, this makes our heart sing..

perth
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Didnt want to write this review, as I dont want people finding out about Cicada.As I might not get in next time.
Went with a Girlfriend ( who has previously stayed at Cicada ) We stayed in the Two bedroom
villa .The Place is Huge We had Our own bedrooms and the best thing we also had 2 beautiful
bathrooms. the breakfast was always nice and fresh.
Ok dont expect The W or Ayana villas ( I have stayed at both resorts ) but less then $300 a night compared to $800 a night is a no brainer . The resort is walking distance to all seminyak
has to offer. A little Street of the main drag. Iwas a little nervious at first But got used to it . Just Read the previous review I cant belive the staff would have taken your ipad . We left our ipad and iphones and Jewellery out every day ,the staff were fabulous .Only thing On Our last day staff forgot to lock our door when they picked up our breakfast plates.luckey we were not gone long. Will be coming back to stay at Christmas time with my Husband. Thank You again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tenderloin
CicadaManagement, Owner at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your most recent review that we received today

I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and more importantly that you will be spending Christmas with us.
We feel privileged.

As pointed out, we cannot be compared to the 5 star chains with numerous restaurants and ocean front, however, all be it very flattering, as a rule, one receives what one pays for.

In the case of Cicada, we do offer that 5 star services with in the affordable price bracket so that you go home feeling like you had a great holiday and can actually pay your bills and afford another with us.
Yet the value of the holiday is not compromised in the least.

I am particularly grateful for your confirmation pertaining to safety and security at the Resort.

I recall an incident just over a year ago whereby a guest had unwittingly left his/her safe open in the room then went out for the day.
I was called at home to be asked if they could access and clean the room as they were not comfortable accessing the space with that safe door open.
This example is telling of the team at the Resort.

Trip Advisor invites a wealth of advice and portrayal to read up front, first hand.
Sometimes however one’s subjective can be influenced by something that happened without seeing further afield.
As a result one’s objectivity is not available to see another possible side to that story or shed light on what may have happened otherwise.

Our staff by true definition are exemplary in their performance and honesty.
It saddens me that this power of speech could default that fact to believe otherwise.

I am grateful for your review and we look forward to inviting you back to Cicada at Christmas

Owner Cicada Nusantara

Residence in Australia
Perth
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Four girlfriends travelling together stayed in the 3 bedroom townhouse with the private pool. Very spacious and clean, great interior and fantastic outdoor area. Lovely full breakfast included and delivered daily to the villa.The location of the resort was perfect for us, walking distance to Bodyworks and Petitenget Restaurant (which became our favourite place to eat) and easy to get a taxi everywhere else, terrific!
I am well known for expecting high standards and the staff at Cicada actually managed to exceed them when we had problems with the air-conditoner (Very noisy) and mattress (huge dip) in the main bedroom. I brought this to Ria's attention and while the girls and I went out for lunch and to do some shopping for the day, they installed a new air-conditoner and brought in a different mattress! I have to say I was seriously impressed! Nyepi day also took place during our stay and to our complete delight Cicada had a chef on to cater for all the guests which made not being able to leave the resort a breeze. I would like to thank Ria, Hendra and all the lovely staff who made our stay such a pleasure. Well done to all at Cicada. In fact I am just about to make a booking for December so I will see you all soon :)

Room Tip: The air-conditioners were being upgraded throughout the resort, make sure to request a room where th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CicadaManagement, General Manager at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this review, August 25, 2013

Perth
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Recently had 2 short stays and this time in the Junior Suite. Service and comfort was once again excellent.
The villa was great but I think its time to replace the main couches in the lounges
I will return to enjoy the Cicada once again I am sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jackson60
CicadaManagement, General Manager at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review

Thank you for the feedback regarding the lounge. I will ensure its appraisal for replacement.

sydney
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at Cicada and it won't be my last. The townhouses are beautiful and well maintained. The staff are accommodating and just the nicest of people. I can't remember ever not being greeted with a beautiful smile and being made to feel I was returning home each time I went out.
The food is good and very well priced. Transport is arranged very quickly and the townhouses are very private. Cicada is good for solo travel (very safe) or for larger groups. It is only a little way out but transport is so cheap you can take numerous cab rides and still be in the black.
You never feel the staff are taking any kind of' kickbacks' and they are happy to arrange any spa treatments in your room. Other spas are in walking distance also.
I hate to admit how good Cicada is in case it makes it harder to get a booking.
Please treat the staff with the respect they deserve, you won't find better.

Room Tip: I can't give away this information but all the townhouses are lovely..... You just can't hav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank enneiviv
CicadaManagement, General Manager at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this review, August 11, 2013