We arrived to Vila Mimpi on 18th October 2013 unbeknowns to us after booking a 2 bedroon Villa in Legian called 'Beautiful Bali Villa's. We booked and paid for this back at the beginning of July, turned up after a day of travelling with the kids (5 and 3years) only to find out our original Villa had been double booked and in typical Bali fashion no one having the decency to contact us at any stage.
We were then moved to Villa Bugis and staying in Villa Mimpi. Im going to be honest - had we have wanted to spend the first week of our holiday in Seminyak we would have booked there. We subsequently had booked a second week in a resort in Seminyak which became a little redundant.
After the train-wreck that was the beginning of our holiday we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Villa Mimpi. It was 3 bedrooms, the pool and the yard were amazing for kids, lots of space, always clean, the breakfasts were faultless and the staff friendly. I would thoroughly recommend this Villa for families and we have no complaints.
Things we didnt like- the location. The gang is located right next to Bintang supermarket which is great - its about a 10 minute walk - however its very narrow and most taxi drivers wont drive down there due to he width and the speedhumps. No problems if you are able to walk but completely sucks if you have sleeping kids on the way home from dinner. The gang itself was very very dark at night. i wouldnt walk down it alone - there was a lot of construction going on in nearby villa's and whilst the noise was never a problem big worksites full of builders late at night in the dark just didnt feel entirely safe. Day time - no problems. Walking with hubby - no problems. The dogs were a real problem - mostly at night too. On the corner rounding towards the villa there were about 6-7 angry dogs on any given night. Our kids were completely petrified when one chased us for no reason - needless to say nothing a brick didnt sort out (and no we are not advocates of hurting animals nor bogans).
The beach was absolutely not a 5 minute walk - more like 15, but those few things aside which were not in control of the Villa it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Bugis is an Integrated Property Management and Marketing services company that represents a selection of villa owner that we consider unique due to attributes such as location, service and facilities. Our executive team comprises of managerial level hotel professional with years experience in the field. This has enabled us to establish and maintain property quality as well as train our staff to provide committed and unobtrusive serviceVilla accommodation symbolizes an exciting new era in Bali’s tourism industry. Apart from obvious cost efficiencies, ample space and home like qualities; a villa holiday provides an opportunity to experience the delights of tropical living where guests are not isolated from the island and its people by the constraints of a hotel environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Bugis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Bugis Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Bugis Bali/Seminyak