Our family of 2 adults and 4 children (aged 11-17) stayed at Villa Gading for 10 nights. We thought we'd try the villa experience for a change rather than the usual resorts. Overall we enjoyed it and would do it again but there were a few issues with this villa.
First the positives about Villa Gading. The villa itself is of a good standard, and the layout worked well for us. We enjoyed the well kept outdoor area and the pool was really clean (tip - request additional sun lounges if you need more than 2; we requested extra before we arrived). We enjoyed the cooked breakfasts. The staff were really helpful although the language barrier was an issue at times. Having said that, their English was still way better than my Balinese. The mosquitoes didn't bother us too much as long as we lit the mosquito coils and kept up the insect repellant when awake at night. The air conditioning in all rooms was fantastic.
On the negative side some plumbing issues, the WiFi hardly worked and tv reception was poor.
However, the main problem with this villa is its access and location (to a lesser extent). Although only a 5-10 minute walk to both the beach and shops, it isn't a pleasant walk. This is because the villa is situated at the end of a 500m very narrow, unmade laneway ("gang"), frequented by stray dogs and bordered by major construction sites. Taxi access is difficult. The other option to access Drupardi Street is a shortcut via a narrow strip across a rice paddy and quite dirty and muddy at times (easy to catch a taxi from here though). Next to this lane was a surf club/bar. Both options were dark at night and a bit scary for me. There is much construction in the Drupardi precinct at the moment so the location isn't all that salubrious. With all of this going on I also had some initial security concerns. By the end I felt ok with the security but probably wouldn't have stayed if I was there on my own with the children.
At the end the Manager was kind enough to show us some other Bugis villas nearby, which looked great. Due to the access and location issues I wouldn't stay at this particular villa again but I would definitely try another Bugis villa. It's also great value compared to equivalent accommodation at quality resorts. My advice is to do your homework and check out the access issues first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Bugis is an Integrated Property Management and Marketing services company that represents a selection of villa owner that we consider unique due to attributes such as location, service and facilities. Our executive team comprises of managerial level hotel professional with years experience in the field. This has enabled us to establish and maintain property quality as well as train our staff to provide committed and unobtrusive serviceVilla accommodation symbolizes an exciting new era in Bali’s tourism industry. Apart from obvious cost efficiencies, ample space and home like qualities; a villa holiday provides an opportunity to experience the delights of tropical living where guests are not isolated from the island and its people by the constraints of a hotel environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Bugis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Bugis Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Bugis Bali/Seminyak