We have just come back from 5 days in Villa Kebun with 4 teenagers. The villa is fantastic - clean, spacious, cool - with a great pool and garden. All the rooms are large with four poster double beds/mossie nets and aircon, plus fans - and all have gorgeous "outdoor" showers which are totally private but have a lovely feel to them.
Wifi is free and works well in the main body of the villa, in the garden and in the bedroom nearest the kitchen. No signal in the other two bedrooms, but that's no bad thing.
Location is very convenient - 5-10 mins walk down the back lanes to Bintang shopping centre (supermarket etc) and 5 mins walk in the other direction to the beach just by La Plancha (a great beach bar/restaurant). These lanes are perfectly safe for teenagers to use to go to the beach, go shopping etc alone during the day, but I wouldn't feel happy letting them out alone at night, even in a small group.
It's about a 20 min walk along the beach to the Oberoi area, if that helps place it. Taxis to pretty much anywhere in Seminyak seem to be 40-50k IDR - remember that you are in Gang Melon and then they will be abe to get you home.
Staff very helpful - everything in the other reviews was true for us too. We also had a BBQ in the villa one night done by the staff which was tasty and good value. They were also extremely flexible when our flight was unexpectedly delayed.
The only minor complaint was the barking dogs at 7:00am every morning - nothing that can be done about this - that's Bali!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Bugis is an Integrated Property Management and Marketing services company that represents a selection of villa owner that we consider unique due to attributes such as location, service and facilities. Our executive team comprises of managerial level hotel professional with years experience in the field. This has enabled us to establish and maintain property quality as well as train our staff to provide committed and unobtrusive serviceVilla accommodation symbolizes an exciting new era in Bali’s tourism industry. Apart from obvious cost efficiencies, ample space and home like qualities; a villa holiday provides an opportunity to experience the delights of tropical living where guests are not isolated from the island and its people by the constraints of a hotel environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Bugis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Bugis Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Bugis Bali/Seminyak