We booked for 2nights stay in Kamuela.They provide two way transfer if you reserve through the hotel site which is nice. However, our transfer did not go well on arrival. We received a message that the transfer timing was changed 1pm to 12pm and we waited for 20mins but still did not see the transfer. It was till we called the hotel then we got to know the transfer back to 1pm, which we have to wait at least another 30mins. And the reason was because the driver is occupied. If you had expected it, our transfer timing should not be changed at all and we would still be able to enjoy the facilities in our previous property.
Our driver Komang, on the other hand was apologetic and very welcoming. We enjoyed our ride with him to the villa. We were seated and served welcome drinks while the reception proceed with the check in. Anita was patient, and walked us through the villa.
We love the room (but was not given the villa i requested for). Spacious bedroom and bathroom, quiet and private. The property has aged and a refurbishment would probably be needed soon. Housekeeping seems to be in a hurry to service our room and called 3 times in less than half hour, even though we told them we are preparing to head out and will inform them later. Breakfast is good and staff were friendly. A walk to the main street is approximately 10-15mins. Shuttle service is available but subjected to availability of driver and transport.
Be sure to bring a travel adapter with you as hotel does not have it. And there is a lack of power socket in room (We have to remove the plug from the DVD player, and charge under the TV rack). The living area tends to get warm in the day, even with the AC turned on to 16 degrees and one of the AC in the bedroom was not functioning during our stay, which we only found when we woke up the next day, perspiring.
It is still a good choice of accommodation if private time and service is what you are looking for. Kamuela will not disappoint you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All five villas are sumptuously appointed with wonderful contemporary design influences offering an intimate retreat experience and their own signature blend of romance, rejuvenation and exotic sensuality. The living and dining areas are open into the pool area while each beautifully appointed bedroom features its own en-suite bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Kamuela Villas Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamuela Villas Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- Kamuela Villas Seminyak Bali