I will start by saying that these villa's are an amazing place to stay and the service was sensational.
We stayed in a 3 bedroom Villa #7 with 4 of our friends (another couple and 2 singles) for 8 nights over the xmas/NY period. We where greeted at the airport by our friendly driver who gave us cold, peppermint towels and water before we got into the bus for our 30 minute trip to le jardin. It is true that the villas are down a laneway. The laneway actually backs on to the rear of the Soffitel so there are lots of people at all times of day and night so i was never concerned for my safety. There where 3 staff to greet us at Le Jardin when we arrived with a welcome drink and frangipani la i. We where checked in fast and shown to our Villa.
The villa took my breathe away. We all stated that it looked like it was out of the travel show getaway. We stepped over a butterfly made of petals to walk across stepping stones over a pond to enter our open aired villa. There was a master bedroom, a separate pavilion with a king bed and two single beds upstairs. The rooms where huge, very clean and smelt of peppermint. The baths had been filled with petals and there where petal hearts on the beds. All the bathrooms have an open air element, especially upstairs where you can sit on the throne and look straight out onto the balcony and day bed.
We decided to eat in that night and had the spring rolls and nasi goreng. Sufficed to say that those dishes came to our villa at least once a day for 8 days. The in-house food was good value and tasty. The breakfast was plentiful and always on time - they even came later one morning when they discovered we where all still sleeping! Not only do you get breakfast, but the table is set for you and water is provided.They also ring to remind you to place your breakfast order - which we forgot every night!!!!
We can not say enough good things about the service. Wayan and his crew are polite, helpful and aways willing to chat to you about what you need. As you can imagine a group of 6 people have alot of needs. So whether it was more bacon, a broken glass, more bottle openers, champagne flutes, lilo's for the pool, mosquito coils, beer, restaurant bookings, driver bookings, tours, advice or just a chat these guys didi it all with a smile and a laugh. They certainly made our holiday fantastic.
The hotel shuttle was made available to us on all occasions when it was in the hotel and drove us to Jimbaran bay and Nusa Dua. Just a hint the back seat has no air con vents so try to get the front or middle seats.
The location of the villas is about 3 minute walk to the beach, 10 minute walk to the main shopping strip of Seminyak and about a 1 minute walk to the first restauraunt. We hired some scooters to help us get around, however taxis are super cheap. The shopping is amazing and if you like home wares like i do you will be in heaven. My bag was 26kg on the way home laden with lots of goodies for the house.
We had our included seafood BBQ on new years which was fabulous. The staff then invited us to the beach to watch the fireworks which was a really nice thing for them to do.
Things I loved:
The modern open aired feel to the Villa
The fact that you did not have to share any facility with anyone else
Hardly any noise from neighbouring Villa's
The open aired bathroom
The red room, a bar up the street
The Bali Spa - a short walk to get your nails and massages done
Lying on the day bed reading a magazine with a beer
Shirley Lane. A short walk from the Villa towards Seminyak on the first corner. I got two pairs of leather sandals and a beautiful bag hand made for me here for a 1/4 of the price i would pay at home. The owner is really nice. All of the girls on the trip ended up with something from here.
Things I would recommend:
Take insect repellant for after dark in Bali
Be careful on the villa footpaths in the rain, they are slippery
Get a local to light your fireworks on the beach
Get a driver for the day to take you to Ubud, talk to the staff about where you want to go, we ended up with the best table in the house at Jimbaran Bay
Go to Tenah lot - a great temple in the sea and great to watch the sunset - lots of people though - go up to the viewing deck bars to get away from the crowds
Ask for the mini bar to be cleaned out at the start of your stay
Dont be afraid to dial "0" if you need something
Ask for more bottle openers, 1 for each room and 1 for the kitchen
Have your included massage in your villa. The spa is next to the kitchen and a little noisy
Get some scooters and travel around the island, watch out when you return them when they try to tell you you dented it!
There is a supermarket on the main street in Seminyak, the one around the corner from the Villa is double the price
Thankyou Le Jardin for making our Bali holiday one to remember. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the natural beauty and tranquillity of Seminyak, and developed on 4000m2 of exotic landscaped land that includes seasoned rainforest trees, Le Jardin encompasses an unsurpassed backdrop in which to enjoy a tropical retreat. Its nine two-bedroom and two three-bedroom villas are fully self-contained. The resort's setting features five star luxury facilities and a service area to support all villa operations.Le Jardin's design concept accommodates privacy, comfort and opulence with all villas featuring a spacious private pool and garden, outdoor living atmosphere and dining area surveying the swimming pool, garden area and lavish bedrooms complete with en-suite semi-open air bathroom.All of Le Jardin's delightful villas come with the same open-air concept. Pretty glass doors entice you to enter the spacious areas complemented by warm and elegant dark wooden furniture, marble tiles downstairs and wooden floors upstairs, and leather woven sofas that match the stunningly carved black dining table. A token of our management's creativity are the rattan ceilings and villas dubbed the names of tropical flowers. All odours from in-house blossoms to bath foam and shampoos release the scent and, therefore, the properties of that specific flower. This gives each villa a personal character. Rattan is usually used for furniture and floor mats but our audacious designers have taken it a step further, making the villas look innovative and stylish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Jardin Villas, Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Boutique Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Le Jardin Boutique Hotel
- Le Jardin Boutique Seminyak
- Le Jardin Villas, Seminyak Bali