“A pearl.... we all loved kayana hotel !!!!”
Review of The Kayana Bali

The Kayana Bali
Ranked #18 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“A pearl.... we all loved kayana hotel !!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

we spent several days in Kayana hotel. In a few words, that was heaven.
I love boutique hotels or design hotels. Most of the time, I am disappointing by some small details which do not fit with the level of excellence the hotel wants to reach.
In the Kayana, nothing has been forgotten and they go beyond your expectations...
Sense of details, serenity, peaceful, kindness, service, cleaness, top villa and pools, exquisite massage and spa, ipod dock, mosquito plugs, ... and so on....
Go there, you will feel at home, with a top room service in addition....
it is a pearl...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jipebeau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed in the Kayana for a week on honeymoon. They upgraded us to a 2 bed villa with a pool. It was a fabulous villa with a really large pool and decking area. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were really modern and airy. Breakfast was served in the restaurant or on your patio. We usually went for the patio option and it was fantastic to be able to sit out and wait for your breakfast to be served to you by the pool. Resort seemed very quiet and relaxed even though it was full. It seemed to be very private. Used the spa a few times, which was great, although the prices in the spa across the street were about a quarter of the price! Location is very close to seminyak, however walking along the road to seminyak or the beach can be a bit of a daunting experience. Taxi's were really cheap though and the hotel did offer a free shuttle service.
We ate mainly in Seminyak, Ku de Ta was great, even if it was a bit expensive compared to the other restaurants. We also loved Chandi and Cafe Bali.
Would love to stay again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Bali
Reviewed June 27, 2010

i live in Bali and my friend come from jakarta and visit me here. we decided to stay in the kayana villa since the location is very great. near so many great place for hang out and eat in seminyak area.
when i come to the kayana, the nice lady in the desk already know my name, which is very weird but in a good way, and she give me a bouquet of white lily, and politely say its from my friend.
i know that he will never go out to find that lily by himself, so the hotel help him to find that. whoever who may concern to choose the florist, nice taste by the way.

the villa was simply great. very comfortable bed. i had the best sleep ever here.
the pool is ok, we can call the reception to ask for the hot water in the pool and wait for 30 min until its warm.

service was great. i forget to bring the charger for my mobile and the staff was very helpful and friendly. although they cant find any charger for my mobile its ok, the matter of fact is they care enough to came to my villa and bring the different types of charger which is nothing fit. lol.

anyhow, love this place. will definitely come back in a near future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank surpisinglycomplex
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Great place to stay, first class service, massive villa's

Food was great each morning by the pool

Pool villa was extremely nice, love the 200sqm villas, plenty of room

Romantic getaway for sure for any couples

Love to go back again soon

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I made a booking to stay in Kayana for 3 nite stay from 12-15 Jun 2010, I have made the reservation on 11 May 2010. So it's a good 1 month before my arrival.

However, on 28 May 2010 they sent me an email saying that due to some problem with their system, they couldn't see some older bookings. So by the time they fixed the system and inputted my reservation it created an overbooked situation.

These were what they suggested to me :

1. To change my date from 12-15 Jun to 14 - 18 Jun --> which was impossible because I have bought the ticket and we have informed our office to take leave on such date. It was a very selfish suggestion to be proposed from their end I feel, because I think they should recommend an alternative place to stay for us first rather than requesting a change of date. I replied to them and said that I can't change the date and they replied back just apologizing without even trying to recommend another hotel for us.

2. They said that from 14 - 18 Jun only their deluxe room (our rsvn was pool room) is available and to compensate us they will give us complimentary spa OR dinner. --> I feel they have caused such a hassle in our reservation and the only thing that they could propose to make customer feel better was spa OR dinner, they were so calculating despite mistake was made on their side.

3. And to make it even worst on 31 May they emailed me again and told me that they have found solution to their problem and able to reconfirm my booking. --> This was really upsetting because on 28 May when they rejected my reservation I immediately looked for another hotel, so when they came back to me 3 days later it was too late for a solution.

I really hope the management will be more careful next time and update their system accordingly, it was such a disappointing event for us. We were looking forward to stay there, but with the service level that they offered us we don't know whether we want to go back or not.......

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meringo
jakarta
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I have travelled to Bali often and have stayed at many villas and hotels in Bali - in particular in the Seminyak area - which is my preferred location.

The Kayana was recommended to me as I love the sister hotel and villa resort - The Samaya. I was travelling on my own to meet friends that live in Bali and hence didn't need or want to pay too much but still wanted to enjoy the luxury and private villa experience that Bali does so well. I was not disappointed!!

The service was superb! The room service amazing. I loved the villa's appointments and attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble - a drop off to a restaurant, a massage, afternoon tea delivered to your room or the lobby whilst waiting to go to the airport, late checkout ... you name it everything was possible.

I would rate this 9 out of 10!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Lushousone
New Orleans
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Loved the location on Jalan Petitenget, great to be within walking distance of Metis and Sarong to one side and Ku De Ta in the other direction- not to mention some great little warungs. The hotel villas are located well to the back of the resort for perfect peace and the service is a mixture of typical Balinese graciousness mixed with excellent training.

As other reviews mention, the spa is very expensive, but there are many others nearby. Highly recommend the Kayana for true R & R as well as easy access to beach, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple