All reviewspool villapotato headw hotelour honeymoonbutler servicedeluxe villaseminyak areabreakfast and afternoon teafour poster bedpersonal butlerwelcome drinkbeach clubperfect temperaturemain poolairport transferlarge poollounge area
Reviewed July 5, 2018

My partner and I recently stayed here and had an amazing time! The rooms are beautiful the staff is incredibly friendly offering recommendations on where to eat as well as what tours to book. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
The Kayana S, General Manager at The Kayana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Dear brieanamonk,

thank you for taking your valuable time to sahe to us your review about The Kayana,

I am very delightul to hear that you enjoyed your stay well with us and to know that our sevice provided were reaching well up to your expectations. I personally would like to say thank you for recemmending us to whom looking for an Holiday escape to Bali to look up The kayana as the main option .

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to The Kayana very soon and to offer you with another Indonesian Home hospitiality .

Warm regards

ericht alessandro

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the pool villa here for 3 nights and although a nice stay we do feel previous reviews are very optimistic.

Pros: pretty, friendly staff although staff appear to have no authority to do anything without managers permission who are not present at evenings or weekends. Breakfast very average for Bali, smoothie bowl is good but had to pay extra. Location brilliant.

Cons: For £160 a night (not cheap even by European standards, bear in mind Indonesian) our main complaint is the cleanliness/upkeep of villa. Sofa and loungers had large stains/marks on. Pillows yellow inside. Stains on both bed sheets and duvet. Pillows are terribles too, very uncomfy. Very dusty around bed area. Whole place needs a revamp, damp marks on walls and ceiling and generally needs updating a bit. Wood floor around pool area very splintered with sticking out nails. Photos of marks on bed below but as rushing to check out we forgot to take photos of other issues. Also if you don’t get the airport transfer included 300K is what they charge for a one way transfer, which is totally ridiculous. After complaining about misleading marketing which implied as we were staying 3 nights we would get an airport transfer included the manager agreed to give us the free transfer. Also note if you’re a light sleeper you can hear the beach club Mrs Sippy late at night and also lots of very low helicopters going over.

Overall it was very pretty and chilled out but unless the villas get revamped or the price drops significantly we wouldn’t stay here again.

1  Thank Alex B
The Kayana S, General Manager at The Kayana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking your valuable time by sharing us your honest review and personal experience during your stay at The kayana.

Please accept my appologize for the discomfort situation that you felt less than satisfaction related to our service and facilities. I respect well on your constructive feedback related to our villa's interior and outdoor apperances, also on your concern related to our linen's cleanlines and comfort provided in the villa. I will take serious attention on these matters and will definitely sharing it to our related department . I will ensure your valuable feedback will be followed up with relevant improvements .

In regards to the Airport transfer policy, each of our agents partner has their own policy for their guest and specifically in your situation, We were preffer to assist you by providing you with a free transfer to the airport rather than clarifying in details which could cause mislead to understand .

Once again, I do appologize for the inconvience during your stay and surely it'll be my responsibility to settle down the issue for better solutions for our future references.

If there would be a chance for you in near future to return to Bali , please do not hesitate to take a moment to explore our other 23 villas that you may wanted to seek the differences. You are most welcome to reach me personally for a recommendation or to dicuss further on your holiday plan for you self. More than happy to asisst you futher.

Thank you and Look forward to welcome you back at The kayana to experience more of our indonesian home hospitality

Warm regards

Reviewed June 20, 2018

We feel either these last few reviews were by folks that never travel far or a very easlily pleased.
Chose this place as the reviews were very positive. Yes I can say the place is set in lovely gardens. The main pool is very nice, although I’m not one that likes a pool that’s overlooked by the restaurant patrons. The staff are lovely as most Balinese people. The Spa is very good, massages are excellent.
We felt the one bedroom pool villa was okay. The furniture very uncomfortable, bed hard (but find that a lot in Bali) but no top sheet so you needed the doona which was very heavy and warm, this made us have to use the air conditioner on very cool to cope. Out door furniture okay but very tightly spaced and no so comfortable. The food looked good in the photos but not that great...we love Indonesian food but felt this was just average. Quantities more suited to Chinese travellers not Aussies. In summary, if you are a shopper its a great location. If you’ve got years on your back its a little dangerous with lots of steps without good handrails. I may sound a little snooty but i do feel some reviews here may give travellers unreal expectations. I love to drink a lot of water and felt 4 x 300mil in your room were lacking. The fruit basket offered in your room is crappy...2 x oranges 2 x mandarins and a snake fruit thing that was off. I would honestly rate this place as average good but definitely not Amazing. We’ve had some amazing stays in Bali, Lembongan and Ceningan so feel qualified to make this statement.

Room Tip: As older travellers we had 805....not far to walk to amenities
1  Thank Rhonda041

Dear Rhonda041,

I do really appreciate your time and i put my fully respect to you for sharing us your honest review about your experience stay at The kayana.
Despite that i am glad to know that you enjoyed the beauty of the surrounded garden ambience, the service provided by our lovely staff and the comfort treatments at the Ayur Spa, I would like to express my deeply appologize for the less than satisfaction experience you felt in room, bed and some safety comfort in certain area in teh premises especially at the level for senior guests.

We will definitely looking at on these matter carefully and will surely do necessary follow up accordingly. Please allow me to share your valuable feedback to rest of the team. Your valuable advice always be our priority

in regards to in-room drinking water supplies. Our mineral waters are free of Charge for our guest. Our staff are always open for any of guest requirments . Unfortunatelly , I wasn't clear enough wether you have made your request or not to our villa staff . They will surely assist you and will accommodate well your request. Otherwise , Guest are always welcome see our managers for more specific requirements.

I hope this will clarify some of the issues during your stay .Once again, thank you very much for your kind thought for us .

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back at the kayana for another level of Indonesian home hospitlaity from us .

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We stayed at Kayana Villas on our first trip to Bali. From the moment we were picked up at the airport we knew the service was going to be exemplary.We found the Kayana staff to be so welcoming, professional and they made our experience all the better.

The reception area is an environment that is very calming which sets you on your journey of relaxation. Our villa was 5 star, the ability to spend time in a relaxing environment was just what we needed. The bed was very comfortable, free bottled water, a mix of drinks in the mini bar and the bathroom with rain shower was delightful.

Outside the comfortable day bed, two sun lounges and a 7m pool was also a delight.
We chose the package that allowed us a breakfast and either a lunch or dinner with cocktails. The food was very well presented and tasted as good as restaurants we have dined in all over the world. The staff were exceptional, very polite and nothing was too hard. They are a credit to the company and I give them 10/10.

The location is set amongst great restaurants and bars. Aya Street is a must.

Thank you again for making our first trip to Bali the first of many. Yes we will return

Room Tip: Even numbers are on the inside and quieter
Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
The Kayana S, General Manager at The Kayana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear psteedapd,

Thank you for taking the moment to share your review of our villa - the Kayana to everyone.

We're thrilled to know that you enjoyed the package plan so well in our pool villas and it has made your Holiday a very special one from the moment you checked in and leave home with all bunches of memories. We are surely very proud to have the chance being part of your amazing Holiday and be able to serve you well.

I 'll be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the rest of our team and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in The Kayana and to serve you better with touch of our Indonesian home hospitality .

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

This was by far one of the best resort spas I’ve ever stayed at. The villas were spectacular and private. The staff was absolutely amazing! It has enough amenities to keep you comfortable but not over crowded or over priced like the large hotel chains. The location is amazing and easy to access all parts of Seminyak. The spa is amazing and the in room breakfast was so relaxing. I highly recommend this place if your looking for an amazing, safe, clean and wonderful staff and customer focused environment. It doesn’t disappoint.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matthew S

Dear Mathew,
Thank you from our heart for taking the time to share your review of our villa - the Kayana.

We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderfull stay and had enjoyed all about the Kayana experiences. Thank you for your nice compliments in overall towards our service and facilties.

The other privellege of staying at The Kayana is the location. The suroundings attractions is such a benefits for our guest and I am very happy you find it suit your plan perfectly and all in easy reach by walk .

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to The kayana. See you soon in our next Indonesian Hospitality experience.

With kind regards,