“Good place for gateway”
Review of The Kayana Bali

The Kayana Bali
Ranked #22 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We spent our honeymoon in the kayana, the location is so quite, cozy and loveable and the food also very good. The location is near potato head beach club also, so we can have some fun in the night. Nice pool for swim and the bedroom is very romantic.

We are never been here before, we spent in hotel if we go to Bali. So, living in a villa is our first time. Good place, good food and price. What more can I say.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilma y
There are newer reviews for The Kayana Bali

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Everything from check-in to check out went smoothly. Kayana villa's attention to detail stands out from the rest during our second time visit, and their service standards to maintain that consistency, remains absolutely intact!

Highly recommended property to stay.

Room Tip: All of the villas are Zen insipired- the left wibg is more quieter as it is further away from the co...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbugonaroll
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I booked a villa at The Kayana post a few days of diving at Tulamben - I made my booking via booking.com and the next series of events seemed to be almost destined to ruin my trip. Turns out the porter at the previous hotel (which will be getting a terrible review) damaged the wheel of my samsonite suitcase. As if that was not enough, it also turned out The Kayana had not received my booking by fax from booking.com and so had given away my room for the evening. To say I was furious is an understatement. I had resolved that this villa would be hearing from me.

However, The Kayana turned this entire situation around. First they booked me in at a sister villa (which is also not bad by the way, Villa Maca) - I reluctantly checked in and they promised that they would have my villa ready the following day. Second, I had plans to go scuba diving at 6am and so I wondered how this would work with checking out of Villa Maca. They kept my broken suitcase and arranged to pick me up and transfer me to The Kayana with a breakfast box ready.

The Villa and Butler - After this ordeal, I checked in at The Kayana and the next few days were nothing short of spectacular. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The villas well appointed with every detailed thought through. Turn down service saves you from mosquitos. The icing on the cake was the villa butler who really made my trip - he was extremely helpful and I wished I could pack him home with me.

5 star service - As if this was not enough, The Kayana had their handy man have a look at my broken suitcase and this genius fixed my broken wheels! In addition they offered me a free 1 hour Balinese massage as an apology for the booking fiasco, free late checkout and free transfers to the airport. Now this is what I call 5-star service.

Breakfast - The breakfast here was wonderful, every morning they packed me a breakfast box to take away for my dives. My last two days were dive free (18 hours break...) and I had a wonderful spread in front of the pool.

Last Words - Do not think, please just go ahead and book The Kayana - 7 years in business and they have still managed to keep this place magical. I will certainly book them again in a heartbeat. Thank you for being a wonderful ending to a beautiful Balinese get away.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 825 and this was brilliantly tucked away right at the end of the strip of villas.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank qleyo
Reviewed August 5, 2014

So very glad we chose to stay at the Kayana.

Located right next to the W in Pettinget-Seminyak, this lovely hotel offers luxurious privacy with very thoughtful service.

We had a spacious private villa, with its own plunge pool and a lovely little garden, more than enough for us and our little boy.

Friendly staff were ready and willing to see to our every need, and with just 24 villas, every encounter was made personal.

In-villa coffee and tea service in the morning and afternoons, car drop off and pick up service to nearby restaurants and attractions, through to offering advice on what to do, where to go, when best to go and how to get there, the hotel took care of everything easily, efficiently.

It is located close to all well-known estaurants in the Seminyak areal, but a little away from the main shopping district, which is good as that can get awfully crowded. There are some wonderful restaurants, some rated as best in Bali, in the neighbourhood.

And it's walking distance or a 5 min drop off to restaurants like Potato Head, La Lucciola, Ku De ta, Brabacoa, Sarong, Naughty Nuri's etc. The popular restaurants in the neighbourhood -- La Lucciola, Barbacoa, Sarong, Ku De Ta, Ginger Moon, Potato Head -- all get awfully crowded, so make reservations as soon as you arrive. Or if you're in just for a few days, ask the hotel to make early reservations for you.

We visited the W next door and came away thanking our lucky stars we chose this small, intimate hotel, with its spacious villas, private pools and world-class spa, instead of the W's large built up areas and crowded facilities.

Room Tip: The W next door sometimes has large parties on the weekends. If you are a light sleeper, or travel...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank bentong66
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our recent holiday to Bali, staying in Kayana Villas was perfect. Kayana Villas are situated within walking distance to fantastic restaurants. If you don't want to walk, book the courtesy vehicle, if it is available the fabulous Kayana staff will help you organise a night at the restaurant of your choice. Merah Putin, Bambu, Dahanna, Biku, all great Bali restaurants within close walking distance. They are so good, remember to book so that you don't miss out. The restaurant at Kayana Villas is also highly recommended, scrumptious food can also be served in your villa.
The beach is easily accessible.
The villas are charming and certainly feel like home after a couple of nights. The staff are amazing and nothing is too much trouble. The pool is the perfect temperature night and day.
Our butler even assisted by dressing and bandaging my husband's leg after injuring his leg.
Highly recommend for those who want to relax, walk along the beach, then select a delicious restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John T
Reviewed July 28, 2014

my girlfriend and I thought it was the perfect place in Seminyak for us - close to fun spots, quiet villa, clean, great service, awesome spa, and next to the W hotel. peaceful yet conveniently located near Sarong restaurant (a must try), Potato Head beach club (fun spot), and the Woo bar @ the W (good shisha/drinks at night!)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JRLeits9
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just returned from four days staying at the Kayana in Seminyak, Bali.
We booked two villas next to one another and I cannot speak highly enough of the fabulous staff. This was my tenth trip to Bali and we stayed three nights in a beachfront hotel and four nights at Kayana. It may not be on the beach but has eveything else going for this venue. Beautiful rooms, clean sparkling pools and everything you need for a memorable holiday. Our best Bali experience!!

Room Tip: Villas are next to the driveway to the W which can be a bit noisy. Rooms on opposite side of grounds...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business