We stayed at the Kayana from the 15-18th February 2014 (4D3N Journey of Love Package). Our first wedding anniversary was on the 17th February and hence we thought the package was something that suited what we were looking for, which had a complimentary full day tour of our choice, romantic candle-light dinner and a 2.5 hours spa for 2.
Our flight was nearly cancelled due to the volcanic eruption in Java. And then, delayed by slightly over than an hour due to technical issues of the plane. It dampened our spirits a bit.
However, upon landing at the Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport, we were greeted with a smile by our friendly Kayana driver Ketut Sumadana. He offered us some mineral water, before taking us to our hotel. Along the way, he shared with us some background on Bali, places to visit, cultures etc.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised with a complimentary upgrade to a pool villa and was pleased that the hotel remembered my request to have a villa away from the W driveway (which is also the odd numbered rooms). Really glad to have my request granted and my expectations exceeded!!
The pool villa was just lovely and spacious! We had our breakfast in the pavilion next to our own pool most of the time and even opted for our complimentary romantic dinner to be in our villa. Only thing to take note is that there are quite a few mosquitoes dining in the villa's pavilion. You may need to get your butler to bring in some mosquito coils, which we did. The rooms are cleaned and the bathrooms had ample of toiletries and bath towels (3 big ones, 3 medium ones and 3 small ones).
The spa was incredible! We had a foot scrub before the massage and then followed by a full body scrub and jacuzzi. 2.5 hours of pure relaxation! The masseuse were polite and professional, making sure we were comfortable with the room temperatures, background music and massage pressure.
The complimentary full day tour we chose to visit a Batik factory, Batuan temple and rice padi terraces in Ubud. Our driver Ketut Sumadana who was also the one who picked us from the airport, was also a very good tour guide. He took the initiative to park his car quickly wherever we visited and took pictures of us which was great (no need to look for other tourist or locals to get them to take your photo)! He also explained to us the history, culture and interesting facts (like the Ubud rice terrace was actually the place they shot Julia Roberts movie "Eat Pray Love")! After visiting the rice padi terraces, we had about half an hour to spare which was not a lot, considering how traveling from one place to another takes time. So our driver took the initiative again and asked us if we would like to visit the plantation nearby which grows Vanilla, Cocoa, Ginger, and even have Civet Cats!! Of course, we agreed! At the plantation, we saw many interesting crops and the Civet Cats. There we learnt how the Civet Cat coffee was being made and got to try a cup at only $5 (10 times less than what we have in Singapore)!!! The day trip was tiring but very fulfilling!!
All in all, the Kayana's Journey of Love package is a very good deal. I definitely recommend all who are traveling as a couple to go for it! The whole experience was just incredible!
If you are reading this and can't decide where to stay, you should definitely consider Kayana. The service provided was impeccable and prompt. The complimentary shuttle service provided was definitely a plus point, which made our whole trip hassle-free and efficient. And also, the location is just perfect! Easily accessible to Potato Head, Ku De Ta, Sarong, Mama San (all the famed bars and restaurants), as well as shopping districts.
Already missing Kayana and looking forward to my next re-visit!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kayana is the one of the preferred villas in Seminyak, boasting a reputation for quality accommodation at agreeable rates. The 24 separate villas are positioned just off a winding pathway, flanked with Frangipani trees and tropical foliage. Surrounded by pristine gardens and rich in the rewards that fresh open air brings, a stay at The Kayana offers guests total privacy and tranquility. The Deluxe Villas is featuring a plunge pool as well as an outdoor dining and lounge area. Moving further, each unit of their Pool Villas is featuring a spacious 28sqm pool with outdoor dining and lounge area with pristine gardens. All of the 24 private villas is stocked with double canopy king size bed, air condition, wireless connection, safe deposit box, a plasma TV, buggy car and many more The Kayana is situated close to Potato Head, Huu Bar, Kudeta and surrounded by good restaurants and boutiques. Just 15 minutes by walking to public beach and 20 minutes by walking to Seminyak center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Kayana Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Kayana Bali Seminyak