The Kayana is really a nice place with very comfortable villas (with private dipping pool) in good condition and extremely friendly and professional staff. Any of our requests was handled with top priority and to our full satisfaction. The villas are very well designed with enough space and a large bathroom. It will soon be necessary to renew electrical appliances (TV and iPod loudspeaker were cracking so that we did not use them) and the air condition in one villa (we stayed there twice in two villas) was making noise beyond normal functioning.
The small garden and walls around the villa makes the Kayana a very nice 'private' place - with only one issue: the construction work around the Kayana creates a lot of noise without interruption. The entire Kayana structure is beautifully designed (Garden, walls, lightning) and maintained.
We also liked the restaurant and the food (delicious) and again the flexibility and professionalism of the staff. What's also great is that very next (left side after exiting the lobby) is a great Deli with a very delicious food and a mini mart (7-11 style) on the other side. Opposite the Kayana is a good place for massages and plenty of restaurants around (the W ; Ku De Ta ; Luciola).
If you are looking for a beach, then the Seminyak is not the right place. It used to be a nice beach here (10-20 years ago) but now the beach is extremely dirty (plastic and other waste as far as you can see) and there is so much construction that there is simply no quiet place. We love to walk on beaches but as you really have to watch every step on the Seminyak beach to avoid stepping on some waste its simply no fun.
The Kayana has parking for 4 cars (we had a car) and there was never a problem to park there. Driving can be a bit stressful but I would still recommend a car (good experience with balicarfinder.com) to get around and travel to other more quiet places if you are in Bali.
One final point: stay away from the villas next to the W entrance road (on the right side from entrance) as there is considerable traffic to/from W that adds to the construction noise level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kayana is the one of the preferred villas in Seminyak, boasting a reputation for quality accommodation at agreeable rates. The 24 separate villas are positioned just off a winding pathway, flanked with Frangipani trees and tropical foliage. Surrounded by pristine gardens and rich in the rewards that fresh open air brings, a stay at The Kayana offers guests total privacy and tranquility. The Deluxe Villas is featuring a plunge pool as well as an outdoor dining and lounge area. Moving further, each unit of their Pool Villas is featuring a spacious 28sqm pool with outdoor dining and lounge area with pristine gardens. All of the 24 private villas is stocked with double canopy king size bed, air condition, wireless connection, safe deposit box, a plasma TV, buggy car and many more The Kayana is situated close to Potato Head, Huu Bar, Kudeta and surrounded by good restaurants and boutiques. Just 15 minutes by walking to public beach and 20 minutes by walking to Seminyak center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Kayana Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Kayana Bali Seminyak