“Fantastic Food”

Ranked #46 of 549 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Reviewed July 23, 2014

After sitting at the bar with some great cocktails, chatting to others around the bar, we then headed to our seats, what an amazing place, we had a wonderful dinner with friends, the food was awesome, the wine not too expensive and the atmosphere was great. People and staff everywhere. Goodness knows how they managed with the drinks & food orders - all was so quick.
Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for La Lucciola

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Beautiful setting and the food was fabulous. I just thought it was a little pricey for Bali. I had an amazing ravioli dish and can't really fault anything about the service. We did go to another place the next night which was just as good if not better but not as expensive.

1  Thank CaffaBeviano
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had our lunch here...the sea view was perfect and the food was awesome. Loved the choices of fresh juices there.

1  Thank Barsha P
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The location is the only plus for me.

I'm a fussy eater, so for me, the daytime menu is extremely limited and they refuse to allow any other options. In the past, I have been able to order items not on the menu, but things have changed, obviously. I asked for a steak, and simply do not believe a supposed 4.5 star restaurant would not have a steak in the fridge.

If I hadn't been with a group of friends, I would have walked away, had to settle for a plate of chips for my meal.

If the beer was cold, I'd be happy to pay the inflated prices, but paying Rp. 60,000 ++ for warm beer is not acceptable. They wouldn't even supply an ice bucket to chill the beer, asked 3 times, no action.

I've visited La Lucciola many times, albeit less frequently over the last few years,
I very much doubt I'll visit again. Far from 4.5 star.

1  Thank David W
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

First I have to say the location is beautiful. Directly at the beach. Ask for a table on the first floor in direction to the beach. The view is really nice.
We were in time at the restaurant but our table was not ready. Therefore we had to wait in the lounge. We ordered 2 aperol sprizz as aperitif. They were perfect. 1 point.
After 20 minutes waiting time our table was ready. We had a table in direction to the beach on the first floor. Beautiful. One point for the location and the view. Sadly the service forgot us and we were waiting several minutes before we got the menu.
As starters we ordered the antipasti mix and the carpachio. The taste was perfect. One point. As main courses we ordered the raviolis and the gnocchi. Taste was perfect but both pastas were cooked too long. Sadly not al dente anymore. No point. The service was quiet attended but after the main course they forgot us again.
Finally we got the menu for the dessert. I had the Tiramisu and an Espresso. Both ok. The Tiramisu was nothing special.
Overall the evening at the La Lucciola was real good. Especially the view, the aperitif and the starters. But they have to improve their service and the cooking time of their pasta.