“Great evening dining”

La Lucciola
Ranked #49 of 566 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

First of all although my overall review has a very good rating, the service is excellent and deserves a higher rating. The wait staff were extremely friendly, immaculately presented and very attentive without being obvious. The ambience at night with the sound of the waves in the background was superb. The food was on the whole very good but I found the duck risotto a bit bland; however my wife had the Gnocchi and I had food envy! Sensational.

My slight criticism is regarding wine, I ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio (one of my favourite grapes) and although I wasn't expecting sensational house wine I found it to be nothing like a Pinot Grigio, I asked the waiter if they had poured the right wine (as I wondered if it was the Chardonnay) and to his credit he went and got me a fresh glass, sadly still not great. I then tried to ask about some of the bottles on the list but he didn't drink (fair enough) but there wasn't anyone who knew the wine, which I would expect in a restaurant of this calibre.

That being said it was a very pleasant evening and I would certainly recommend it, finish with a coffee because it is superb.

1  Thank Martyn D
Write a ReviewReviews (6,680)

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Lovely staff, view (if u can get a seat at the front), atmosphere and food. Would definately recommend :(

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great food and fantastic location. We were there when it was raining and it was still a very pleasant night. The food was excellent quality and they made a special meal for my daughter who is a very fussy eater. The service was very good without being overbearing and they made sure we were dry and comfortable despite the bad weather.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a beautiful meal here on Saturday. The location is exquisite and even though we were in the downstairs smoking area as one of our party was on crutches, it didn't seem to make a difference. We were six mums with six teenage daughters and everyone without exception thoroughly enjoyed their drinks, mains and desserts. Those staying on rebooked to go again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a big group booking for a birthday.
The staff were lovely and very attentive.
The food was perfect and although it was rainy and cloudy the view was still very pretty