“Fabulous location and great food!”
Review of Chez Gado Gado

Chez Gado Gado
Ranked #68 of 573 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Seminyak Beach front Restaurant Chez Gado Gado offers an exciting new concept in modern and contemporary European style dining in a relaxed, yet stylish environment. Surrounded by a beautiful outdoor deck dining area complete with pergola, Chez Gado Gado offers uninterrupted views across the Seminyak beach and Indian Ocean. It is a perfect setting for romantics and special occasions. Our cuisine can be described as eclectic with a mix of European and Indonesian an Asian items while offering a relaxed and casual service during lunch time. Dinner time provides a slightly more formal and professional service that matches its European style menu with local flavors. Chef Quirijn Rademaker proves his creativity by creating an innovative culinary journey with clean finishes. While we are a casual fine dining restaurant, proper attire such as shirt (no branded tank tops/singlets/T-shirt) and footwear, will be required in fairness to all of our guests. Bookings and reservations larger than 8 and no smoking requests will be prepared inside our dining room. Parties of 12 or more adults requires an assigned set menu so that the flow of service for all of our guests is not disrupted. Outside tables will require a reservation and will be set per weather permitting and space availability.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The location is just beautiful, right on the edge of the beach. The menu fresh and interesting, and all the portions just right (not too big or small). The service is excellent. The vibe is tropical and stylish. I'd go back again for sure!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,232)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The friendly welcome, beautiful surroundings and romantic atmosphere was the beginning of a totally enjoyable dinner. Service was prompt but unobtrusive and the food was what I expect to get at a restaurant in Perth for three or four times the. price- this is without the fantastic setting that Gado Gado has.
Yes I recommend Gado Gado for a lovely night out.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

One of the most romantic spots i have ever had dined at. We got there after sunset, but it was magnificent. Food was to die for and the service was spectacular. Book in advance to avoid dissapointment.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Really nice food and views. Very busy, so we ate late but still had to wait for a seat to become available. They are a small bar to buy a drink while you wait. They do fabulous cocktails!!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I reserved a table for two and invited my best Balinese friend to dinner at Chez Gado Gado Restaurant last night 25th October 2012 to celebrate his 40th Birthday.

We arrived at the restaurant and were both greeted very nicely by the hostesses at the entrance.

We were then escorted to our table which was overlooking the ocean,The table was set for three (disappointing), we were seated and were wished an enjoyable evening. As soon as the hostess departed we litually had to fend for ourselves.

There was no immediate service in the likes of beverage service so after 15 mins from being seated I called for a waiter to order some beverages. I ordered a gin & tonic - I asked the waiter what gin types did they serve - He told me Bacardi - I said to the waiter Bacardi is rum - This waiter does not know his product and should not be waiting on restaurant guests - he was incompetent.

The beverages finally arrived another 15 mins later - The third place setting was then removed.

The waiter then delivered 2 chilled towels - These should have been delivered as soon as we were seated - not 30 mins after.

The waiter came back for our food orders - We placed our orders in i.e. mains & desserts but due to the poor start & service I forgot to order any additional side dishes - at no stage did the waiter try to upsell any additional food items.

The mains arrived and unfortunately with no additions - I must say the food is delicious, very fresh and well presented - congratulations to the kitchen staff.

No additional condiments i.e. ground pepper, mustards were offered.

During our dinner the water glasses on the table remained empty - I had to ask the waiter for some water - he filled the glasses and then left the large Aqua bottle on the table near the edge - I observed other guests nearby receiving better service whereby the surplus water was poured into a wine carafe and the ugly Aqua bottle removed from the table.

Also during the whole dinner empty beverage glasses remained on the table.

At this stage I was livered and was preparing to leave - I asked for a Supervisor to come and see me. The Supervisor arrived I voiced all my concerns - He advised he would find out why I was receiving such poor service - At no stage did this supervisor apologise for the poor service - Later in the evening the supervisor returned and asked if he could do any more for me but unfortunately the damage was already done.

Desserts arrived they were stunning - beautiful presentation & delicious - A special complimentary birthday cake arrived by 3 singing waitstaff and it was presented to my friend - Thank you this was a very nice touch. At this stage the supervisor returned and wished my friend a very happy birthday - nice touch.

After we finished the desserts all mis-en-place was cleared and we were left stranded.

At no stage were we offered any coffee, cheeseplatter or additional beverages - just toothpicks.

After another 15 - 30 mins of no service I requested the bill.

The bill arrived, the waitress stood behind waiting for me to give her the money - Very off putting. I gave her the bill plus the cash and then she walked to the side of the table and in front of my invited guest counted all the money. I was so insulted and so annoyed with her because this was supposed to be a special birthday dinner for my best friend.

We departed and no stage did anyone ask if we had an enjoyable evening - The hostess at the entrance door wished us good night.

I am a hospitality professional - 20 + years in this field, my speciality is Attention to Detail training specifically in food and beverage.

Personally I would like to come into this stunning restaurant and demonstrate what good table service is all about.

Chez Gado Gado is a beautiful restaurant, the setting is stunning, the food is delicious but as I said previously " You can't complain about the service, because there isn't any" .

Very disappointing evening overall - RPN - Qualified Professional Head Butler & Hospitality Trainer

1  Thank Mick46abc