“One of our favorites in Seminyak”
Review of Chez Gado Gado

Chez Gado Gado
Ranked #65 of 510 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Contemporary, French, Mediterranean, European, Asian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Seminyak Beach front Restaurant Chez Gado Gado offers an exciting new concept in modern and contemporary European style dining in a relaxed, yet stylish environment. Surrounded by a beautiful outdoor deck dining area complete with pergola, Chez Gado Gado offers uninterrupted views across the Seminyak beach and Indian Ocean. It is a perfect setting for romantics and special occasions. Our cuisine can be described as eclectic with a mix of European and Indonesian an Asian items while offering a relaxed and casual service during lunch time. Dinner time provides a slightly more formal and professional service that matches its European style menu with local flavors. Chef Quirijn Rademaker proves his creativity by creating an innovative culinary journey with clean finishes. While we are a casual fine dining restaurant, proper attire such as shirt (no branded tank tops/singlets/T-shirt) and footwear, will be required in fairness to all of our guests. Bookings and reservations larger than 8 and no smoking requests will be prepared inside our dining room. Parties of 12 or more adults requires an assigned set menu so that the flow of service for all of our guests is not disrupted. Outside tables will require a reservation and will be set per weather permitting and space availability.
Hong Kong, China
“One of our favorites in Seminyak”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great food and good service. Beautiful view over the sea which is lit up by floodlights. Well worth a visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
“Fancy dining by the beach”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Even though we were seated inside the whole front of the restaurant opens out onto the beach so we could still see the waves rolling in. Food was divine and service was attentive. Maybe more expensive than your average Bali meal, but worth it.

London
“Treat yourself”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I've eaten in some amazing places over the world, up to 2 Michelin starred, and I have to say that the quality and flavours of the food we ordered at Gado Gado easily competes with anywhere I've been in the world. The meat dishes were incredibly succulent.

Initially I was a little surprised that from the name Gado Gado, it didn't actually have anything Balinese/Indonesian on the menu (certainly not the night we went anyway); however after a fortnight of disappointing nasi based dishes I wasn't too put off. Also the pricing is on the very high side for the area - but that said, it's pretty cheap compared to London prices for the style and quality of the food. Also note that the servings are in line with the style of food, so expect small portions - however it's rich and filling. None of this was a negative for me, just setting the scene for the style of restaurant so expectations can be met.

The food is fantastic, the service is above average for the area and the setting is excellent; overlooking the beach/sea. As we turned up with no booking we didn't get a sea front table, however I personally preferred this rather than having people and bikes going passed me on the beach front path.

if you want some fine dining and are happy to pay the price, then this is well worth the visit to treat yourselves.

• Visited April 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Still one of the favorite spots for sunset”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Quality service. That made me always forget that the prices are higher! :-)

Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful location but the service was a let down”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I went to Gado Gado for my birthday dinner, as we sat down we were very impressed by the beachfront location, and the romantic setting. I ordered the tasting plate and enjoyed every course except for the desert which was a strawberry cannelloni (weird jelly/rubbery rollup) wrapped around yogurt (awful). But we were really shocked by the lack of service. It took along time for a waiter to take our order, they didnt speak english particularly well and while the meals didn't take too long, at one stage the waiter dropped off my 3rd course as well as one for my husband (who had ordered something different) and when we told him that, he took both away and gave them to the couple next to us! Very weird!
Because most of the food was so yummy and the location was perfect, we will go again, and hopefully will have a better experience with service.

1 Thank Sarahyoung28