“Great atmosphere, Horror serviced!”
Review of Chez Gado Gado

Chez Gado Gado
Ranked #73 of 560 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Seminyak Beach front Restaurant Chez Gado Gado offers an exciting new concept in modern and contemporary European style dining in a relaxed, yet stylish environment. Surrounded by a beautiful outdoor deck dining area complete with pergola, Chez Gado Gado offers uninterrupted views across the Seminyak beach and Indian Ocean. It is a perfect setting for romantics and special occasions. Our cuisine can be described as eclectic with a mix of European and Indonesian an Asian items while offering a relaxed and casual service during lunch time. Dinner time provides a slightly more formal and professional service that matches its European style menu with local flavors. Chef Quirijn Rademaker proves his creativity by creating an innovative culinary journey with clean finishes. While we are a casual fine dining restaurant, proper attire such as shirt (no branded tank tops/singlets/T-shirt) and footwear, will be required in fairness to all of our guests. Bookings and reservations larger than 8 and no smoking requests will be prepared inside our dining room. Parties of 12 or more adults requires an assigned set menu so that the flow of service for all of our guests is not disrupted. Outside tables will require a reservation and will be set per weather permitting and space availability.
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I came here on Oct 25th during my honeymoon for lunch. First impression was quite good, nice decor with beach view right beside.

We ordered creme brulee and it came out with "mysterious hair" on top. We complained to the waitress and she didnt even say sorry. She made an excuse thar it may fall from the tree or something. No intention to replace with new one. My wife was freaked out and do not want to touch the brulee.

What a terrible service in such a great place. Overall service also very very poor. It was so hard to ask assistance from waiter/waitress, even though only few customers during that time.

3  Thank Culinaryholic

Reviewed October 28, 2011

I went to Chez Gado Gado yesterday and it was amazing. I am currently living on Bali and two friends from back home were visiting me. We wanted the last night, before they fly home again, being a little bit more special and gado gado was still on my to-go list, so we decided to go here for this evening.

As a main course I had the sea bass and my friends the duck and the ravioli. Everything looked stunning and tasted very good. Especially the duck I can recommend.
As a dessert I had the Gado Gado specialty, melted chocolate soufflé with mango compote and mango sorbet, which tasted like heaven. My friends took the creme brulee and the poached pear, which were also very good.

The service was also very good. quick and much better than in other (less expensive) restaurants. It was more the European service that we are used to, which was great. Especially since the price is a little bit more expensive, but it is great value for money.

I can recommend everybody visiting Bali, or living here, to try out this restaurant someday.

I will return someday myself, with other friends.

Thank you for the lovely evening.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

A lovely setting overlooking the ocean with fishing fleet glowing on the horizon, we would have loved to be there long enough to appreciate it. The staff were over eager to obtain our selection from the menu and the waiter with the just warm bread rolls hovering in the background failed to notice there were no plates to place the bread rolls on. Having placed our order we had enough time to take our first sip of warm wine wine and our entres arrived, elapsed time since arriving 20 minutes. The entres of seared tuna and slow cooked prawns were average at best and lacked presentation. Having taken our last mouthful of entre, washed down with warm Sauvignon blanc our mains arrived. The reheated mains of Sea Brim and Duck were very disappointing, dry and lacked freshness. Elapsed time since arriving 40 minutes. Desert consisted of warm chocolate fondant with home ice cream was the only winner of the night. The night was a great disappointment considering previous visits had left us raving to friends. Total elapsed time 55 minutes! McDonalds drive thru would be impressed!

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Loved the food - everything was ofcourse imported and of excellent quality. Modern European style of food and they have fantastic wine list [especially for Bali]. Presentation was beautiful and I had a very romantic night sitting outside on the decking overlooking the ocean and the rolling waves..

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Gorgeous location and restaurant. Not too busy. Inattentive wait staff, but at least it makes for peaceful dining. Food is a bit fussy, but still pretty delicious. Cost is up there, but not unreasonable. Would choose it over La Lucciola for the setting and the interesting food. Booking ahead will ensure a good table on the beachside terrace.