Stayed here between Christmas and New Years. The photos of Bvilla+spa look great and indeed it does seem good when you first walk in, however, I noticed a number of small things wrong with it after being there for a day.
-The shower head did not point into the bath and about half the water ended up on the floor of the bathroom after every shower.
- The toilet did not flush properly, had to use a pot from the kitchen to pour water into the toilet after each use to make it flush.
- A build up of mould around the edges of the bathroom floor (the bathroom had that damp wet mould smell)
- The extremely small windows are not sealed, making a breeding ground for mosquitos.
- ROOM SAFE, we had $150 go missing from the safe in our room, my girlfriend and I had cash in our passport wallets. The first time we noticed the money not adding up $50 was missing from my GF's cash, we convinced ourselves maybe we made a mistake when we originally counted it. The next day we came back and went to get more money changed and noticed another $50 missing from my GF's cash and $50 dollars missing from my own. Decided from then on to put our remaining cash in our suitcases and put a lock on it. Being in a foreign country I didn't really feel comfortable reporting it to the staff because I was unsure what adverse consequences it may have on us for accusing them of taking our money. We thought we'd just bite the bullet and move on with our holiday.
- Air conditioner did not point towards the bed, after coming home from a day out and the cleaning staff had turned off the air conditioning the room would be really hot and we would have to wait a couple of hours for the whole room to cool down before it was pleasant enough to sleep.
-The bedroom doors were not sealed, with a large gaping whole at the bottom letting air and mosquitos in from outside, if you plan on staying here I would suggest bringing insect repellent.
- At night time cannot leave the doors open otherwise the room is swamped with mosquitos, even if they aren't on your body because you have repellent it isn't that comforting having a room full of mosquitos.
POSITIVES OF BVILLA+spa
- Great staff who were more than happy to give you advice on where to go and how
- Shuttle bus service with a number of cars on standby to take you where you need, only on a rare occasion they needed to order a taxi for us because all the cars were out. Even dropped us at the airport.
- Free wi-fi in your bedroom
-Good location, about a 5 minute walk to Ultimo Restaurant (However, at night the side streets you walk down from the main street to reach Bvilla+Spa are poorly lit, probably wouldn't want to be walking back to the villa solo at night time)
- A quiet area
It would not take much to make this place fantastic, the rooms just need a renovation and this would be a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- bvilla+spa oasis of cool, seminyak bvilla+spa is an oasis of cool in the middle of bustling Seminyak. Next to bvilla+pool and a short walk to some of seminyak’s favourite eateries such as Trattoria, Ultimo, Chandi and Shiro. An exquisite haven inspired by the spirit of romance and natural rejuvenation, this cluster of 13 exclusive one, two and three bedroom villas are perfect for honeymooners and couples looking for an experience to celebrate love, life and new beginnings; as well as for spa lovers seeking holistic renewals. bvilla+spa can also accommodate up to ten people comfortably in the five bedroom villa. Each villa is furnished with the “fruit bowl collection” award winning rattan sofas designed by Hiroomi Tahara and decked with a fully-equipped kitchen including a mini bar, safety deposit boxes, IDD telephone, cable TV, DVD player, CD audio system, and wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your bvilla + Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bvilla + Hotel Seminyak
- Bvilla + Spa Bali/Seminyak