1,541 results
All reviewsbeach barpotato headdeluxe ocean suitesea saltfamily poolocean viewinfinity poolmain buildingbeautiful hotelinsect repellentbeachfront locationwatch the sunsetsunset drinkskids clubpool staffspecial thanksour honeymoon
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I have lived in Bali for many years and stayed in over 50 hotels and I must say Alila is one of the top Hotels I have stayed in the world. The location is amazing, the food is worth every penny and staff and facilities are number 1. Worth going even for just a sunset drink.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank daphne928
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Dear Daphne928,

Thank you for your continuous and genuine support towards Alila Seminyak. I am humbled to hear that we are one of your favorite resorts in the world. Thank you as well for sharing your experience and satisfaction on the hospitality rendered, the facilities provided, and the food presented. I hope that the wonderful memories of enjoying Bali sunset kaleidoscope in the relaxing ambiance of our Beach Bar bring you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed for almost two weeks at the Alila Seminyak. When we initially checked in, we had a room overlooking the Mrs Sippy beach club. That immediately turned us off due to the loud music and lights. We realise it was just before New Years so would have been happy with a little bit of noise but it genuinely was excessive. Given we were staying for such a long period, I spoke to one of the managers - Johanes Pandapotan - who completely empathised with our situation and sorted out a room change for us. We ended up overlooking the ocean and have to say that this was far better. Nothing better than a team that is willing and able to listen and sort things out when they go wrong!

Overall, the holiday was simply amazing. The service, pools, breakfast, overall food and staff service were superb. I’ve been coming to Bali for well over 20 years and can honestly say that the Alila Seminyak lived up to billing.

My partner and I really wanted a relaxing holiday after a massively busy year, and the Alila Seminyak did everything possible to make this happen.

Great hotel and great staff! I just recommended to one of my friends who is heading to Bali for their honeymoon later this year and would have no hesitation to recommend to anyone going to Bali and keen to be near the fantastic restaurants and hustle and bustle of Seminyak area. I would suggest that you should have a sea view room rather than the other side of the hotel however. Well worth it!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marcusmorrison

Dear Marcusmorrison,

Thank you for the generous compliments given and how meaningful they are for us as they came from Bali seasoned traveler like you! My team and I are very humbled to learn that we were able to turn around your experience and that the remaining time spent at Alila Seminyak entails beautiful memories. Rest assured that I will share your compliments with the team, especially Johannes, who were grateful to be given the opportunity to be at your service.I hope that you have come to find Alila Seminyak as your home in Bali. My team and I are looking forward to crafting memorable experience for you and your loved one.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights last March at the Alila after moving from a hotel down the road that wasn’t very nice.
Our room was lovely and overlooked the infinity pool and beach.
The hotel was very relaxing compared to some of the other hotels in the area but this is exactly what we were after.
Service at the hotel was exceptional and food was lovely.
Great location, near the W hotel and short walk to restaurants and bars.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if visiting Seminyak!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear MissBritten,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Alila Seminyak and for the warm feeling generated from your review. I am very delighted to hear that you had a great time at our resort due to the comfort of your suite, the cuisine prepared passionately by our Chefs, and the attentive service performed by the team members. I hope that these wonderful memories linger in your mind and bring you back to our humble home. Once again, thank you for your support and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Alila is in great spot.. with 3 pools ocean front and 1 privately located. The ocean front rooms are definitely the best option but all rooms generous size and nicely appointed. We found the friendly service very consistent with that wonderful Balinese smile on all staff!! We must note a particular waiter we had most mornings at Breakfast- Bagus from Ubud. His smiling friendly attentive service was exemplary!! We were very sorry to have missed bidding him Farewell!!! We hope to meet him on our next visit!!

Room Tip: Please add a magnifying mirror, milk with tea&coffee and more hangars to your rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank cathy R

Dear Cathy R,

Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that your experience entails wonderful memories through the facilities offered, especially the pools and the convenient and spacious ocean suite. I hope the warmth and the friendliness of our services bring you back to our resort. My team, especially Bagus, and I are looking forward to crafting memorable experience for you and your loved one.

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

After an initial poor start on no booking when we did have for 18 (you think u would know ) the staff recovered well drinks and service superb. Setting is lovely much calmer than most places.
Staff were excellent on exit and organised buggy rides for the group.

Class act.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear Mark F,

Thank you for allocating your time to write us a review and it is a humbling experience to be able to turn your less pleasing experience into a memorable one. We would not have been able to do it without your continued trust. Thus, thank you once again for the opportunity given. It is also a pleasure to hear that you were able to find serenity and tranquility at the resort while being in the hustle and bustle of Seminyak.

Mark F, rest assured that I will share your compliments and we are looking forward for your return, be it for a leisure stay or for another business trip. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime you are ready to make your coming Bali holiday.