1,607 results
All reviews beach bar potato head deluxe ocean suite sea salt family pool ocean view infinity pool main building beautiful hotel insect repellent beachfront location watch the sunset sunset drinks kids club pool staff special thanks our honeymoon
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Alila Seminyak is a well placed hotel arranged to give guests great views from their rooms. It has strengths and weaknesses in the system and here are my thoughts on such:

Strengths -
3 pools to choose from, 2 are infinity pools, 1 of which for adults over 12 only
Water is available gratis by the pool which is a nice touch
Sea salt restaurant offers a lovely dinner menu of seafood with a japanese flair added
Breakfast is repetitive but mainly cooked fresh to order
Rooms well set out generally bonus for Bali is closing toilet doors and a further door between bedroom and bathroom
The staff really were accommodating and were consistently helpful above and beyond their roles
Biscuits in the room each day is a lovely touch

Possible Improvements -

Pools have insufficient shade, no trees nearby and sun parasols are tiny, only enough shade on 1 sunbed of a pair at any time. Much bigger sun parasols are required.
More sunbeds required - most days we were here people were turned away as everywhere was full (all 3 pools)
Room service food and bar food is basic and not that nice. Much room for improvement for this as only other option is upmarket Sea Salt restaurant
The unused lounge near the events centre needs to be utilised for days when the weather is inclement for people who wish to still have a swim, as there is very little undercover space otherwise. All the time we were there it was not used and is a huge space which to my view is wasted on a site where every metre is needed.
For us, this has been the most expensive hotel we have stayed at in Bali, and we have frequented many of the 5 star establishments. In comparison to others we feel that the additional cost is not warranted
The balcony is setup with an uncomfortable day bed with a rolled bolster cushion and 1 chair. 2 chairs would be more functional for sitting watching the sunset etc
Finally, the plumbing needs urgent attention, as the drains are smelly in the bathrooms and around the premises. I have not found this situation in other 5 star hotels here so this relatively new build should not have this.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Janice W
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear Janice W,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your feedback and for your compliment on the attentive service as well as the wonderful view offered from the suites and the pools. Rest assured I will share the joy with the team.

At the same time, I would like to sincerely apologize for the discomfort you experienced during your stay, such as the odor oozing up from our neighborhood’s stream. The river itself is of a holy river that pass through the Petitenget Temple which is of communal property, so does the beach in front of our hotel which is often used as local community gathering on the weekend. Rest assured that we are actively involved in communal projects to keep the river clean and smell free. At the same time, we realize that cleaning effort is an on-going process and it needs every element in the society to keep Bali clean and to preserve the rich cultural heritage of Bali.

Janice W, thank you once again for the feedback given on the pool shades, the sofa at the balcony as well as the in room dining menu. Rest assured that review will be conducted and I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel on your future stay. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

I stayed at the main building at the Alila Ocean Suite, and it is one of my best experience at Seminyak.

The Room is well equipped with all the amenities i needed and very big. The view to sunset and beach is beautiful. The swimming pools they have are simply awesome, better than other pools in any Seminyak hotels. I really enjoy the sunbath there.

The staff there is friendly and helpful. They always has smile on their face. I will for sure recommend this hotel to other tourists.

Luckily, I stayed at that hotel for two nights, most of the time are sunny without any rain. The only time there was a rain, i was enjoying the spa. The rain in Bali comes fast and leaves fast, just less than a hour, then sunshine again.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank DL1114
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear DL1114,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience in this forum. How wonderful it is to hear that you loved the comfort of Alila Ocean Suite, in addition to the amenities and the swimming pools which created a great lasting impression for you. Rest assured that your compliments will be shared with the team who were grateful to be able to pamper you.

DL1114, I do hope that the good memories of basking under the sun while enjoying the warmth of our service lure you back to the resort as we are awaiting for your return.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

Stayed for 5 days with a group of friends to attend a 50th birthday party. Hotel is great and had the party in the penthouse, excellent views of sunset and the beach. Only downside of the trip was most people got Bali Belly, most likely not the hotels fault, but takes the edge off a hotiday.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for staying with us on this special group occasion and I am thrilled to hear that you and your party had a memorable experience at our Penthouse while celebrating your friend's birthday. Indeed, the venue offers the best view of the ocean and allows you to admire Seminyak’s legendary sunset.

On a different note, I regret to hear that the unfortunate bali belly was experienced by some of the people in your group. I hope that they are fully recovered by now and that you will return to stay with us soon. Please do not hesitate to contact if I can be of your assistance to plan your coming stay.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

I love everything about Alila Seminyak, from the tranquil atmosphere to the humble but stylish design. I got the best of two worlds during my stay at this property, the lively & happening Seminyak area, and the peaceful & comfort in my suite. Food in Seasalt is amazing, from freshest seafood ingredients to western/asian style cuisine with interesting twist on it (such as the rock salt butter to be eaten with welcome bread, etc) dining time is never a boring moment in this restaurant, also they have one of the best sunset views on the island in my opinion.
Another plus point of this hotel is they have well-equipped gym centre, very clean with fresh fruits, infused water and small towel, everything you need for good work out session.
Spa at Alila Seminyak is a must-have experience when you stay here, they have a lot of treatment choices but my favourite is the Alila Signature massage. The combination of deep pressure and relaxing massage technique really transport me to total relaxation mode. Best to enjoy this by the end of your busy day to ease all the sore muscles heading towards a good night sleep. Will coming back for sure!

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean Suite has great ocean and sunset view!
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dennis L

Dear Dennis L,

You have really made my day simply by reading your transcended satisfaction over your recent stay. Thank you for the positive vibes and the opportunity given to be at your service. I am happy that you were able to find serenity while being in the midst of bustling Seminyak, to indulge in the sumptuous cuisine served at Seasalt while being able to keep your health by making used of our gym and by pampering yourself to rejuvenating spa treatment at Spa Alila. With regards to your dining experience, I hope that you are able to share it in our Seasalt Tripadvisor page.

Dennis, I hope that the life balance you found while staying here is able to inspire you when you return to your routine and that you are returning soon. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you home at Alila Seminyak.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

I have stayed at this property on three occasions.
The hotel is ideally located on the beach and easily accessible to all Seminyak has to offer.
The food and beverage is of high-quality and the rooms are comfortable and spacious.
The staff are professional and helpful.
The pool bar overlooking the beach is our favourite place to spend time, especially in the afternoon with live music during sunset.
The gym is very well-appointment and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank familygotravel

Dear Familygotravel,

Thank you for your continued support towards Alila Seminyak and for trusting us to craft your family holiday for several times. It was such an honor to have this privilege and I hope that the comfort of your suites, the attentive and personalized service, as well as the facilities offered continue exceeding your previous experiences as my team and I are very much looking forward to welcome you back to your home at Alila Seminyak. As always, please do not hesitate to drop me a line for any assistance required your future stay arrangement.