1,550 results
All reviewsbeach barpotato headdeluxe ocean suitesea saltfamily poolocean viewinfinity poolmain buildingbeautiful hotelinsect repellentbeachfront locationwatch the sunsetsunset drinkskids clubpool staffspecial thanksour honeymoon
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We live in Bali but wanted a night of luxury, tranquility and indulgence. Alila Seminyak delivered! We made full use of the spa, the pool, the kids club, the restaurant and the pool bar, all of which are top quality. The room itself was perfect - quiet, spacious, comfortable and with a great view of the sea. We felt like we had stepped out of everyday Bali into a special corner of the island where real life stands still. Only negative point would be the size of the portions in the restaurant - the food was great but there wasn't enough!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Dear JAD_75,

Thank you for staying at Alila Seminyak and I am very happy to hear that you had a serene stay. Nothing can beat the satisfaction of knowing that you truly enjoyed the comfort of our room as well as our outlets such as the pools, Spa Alila, and the Beach Bar. I do hope that your wonderful little getaway from daily Bali life cherish your life and inspire you to return to our resort. My team and I are looking forward to crafting more memorable experience for you and your loved one.

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Alila Seminyak for 10 days.
The resort is 2 years old.

The positives:
1. Staff are very friendly & very helpful
2. We had a room with ocean view & the view was beautiful - you could watch the stunning sun set from the balcony. The room is a good size.
3. There is a Nespresso type machine which was lovely to start the day with coffee in bed
4. There was a bidet type toilet - basic - but it was great to use.
5. The hotel has 5 pools so there is plenty of space without feeling overcrowded
6. Breakfast was good - good choice of juices & hot & cold food.
7. There is unlimited bottled water supplied per room.
8. There is a daily yoga class - which I did enjoy

The negatives:
1. Upon check in we were given some “vouchers’ the massage voucher was great but the $us50 experience credit was a waste - as all experiences are overpriced & were of no interest to us.
2. I booked the restaurant seasalt for a special dinner to celebrate my husband’s birthday - with candle decorations - unfortunately it rained heavily & we had to move inside - but I still got charged $50 for the decorations - which is not really okay!! The dinner -food included was very disappointing- so if you have a special occasion choose one of the many fabulous restaurants outside the hotel.
3. The hotel is only 2 years old - yet it’s already showing signs of aging - the bathroom taps were grubby & looked unclean.
The coffee table on the balcony looked worse for wear- & furtinture lacks newness- see pics
4. The gym equipment had monitors that were not connected- it’s like there is a lack of attention to detail in many areas.
5. The room appointments could be better - no music option in room ( other than tv) & at this price range I did expect better in room appointments

I guess “all that glistens is not gold” & that really sums up Alila Seminyak.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear IamAGlobalNomad,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your satisfaction with regards to our services as well as facilities, such as the comfortable suites and its amenities, the choices of swimming pools and the morning yoga session at the Movement Studio.

I would also like to say thank you for your feedback with regards to the maintenance of our facilities. Rest assured that necessary review as well as measurement will be conducted to ensure our guest’s complete satisfaction.

IamAGlobalNomad, my team and I are looking forward to another opportunity to welcome you and to craft more memorable experience for you. Thus, please do not hesitate to contact me should I can be any of your assistance for your coming stay.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

First class hospitality, breathtaking views, 3 shimmering infinity pools to name a few, greeted us when we arrived at Alila Seminyak.
Being very frequent visitors to Bali, we were looking for exceptional facilities and supreme comfort in a relaxed environment and we were not disappointed.
Our deluxe room was superb with fully retractable balcony doors opening to showcase a stunning 180 degree view over the infinity pools, beach bar and pristine beach water of the Indian Ocean.
Relaxing and unwinding by the adult only infinity pool was sublime. Efficient staff catered for our every need with towels freshly laid out, together with cold bottles of water next to our lounge chairs. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly pool staff and attendants.
The restaurant "Seasalt" took dining and eating to a whole new level. The Japanese fusion inspired menu is simply sensational. An extensive range of delicious choices had us in awe, the food was as good as we have ever eaten. If you can make it to Alila on a Sunday, then we would definitely recommend the Coastal Munch. We sat outside on the decking area, looking out over the beach as the waves came crashing in. What a selection of dishes include a glass of sparkling wine each on arrival followed by plenty of fresh seafood dishes included in an extensive menu. The desserts were something special and we tried just about all of them!
We had breakfasts, lunches and dinner at Seasalt. We were not disappointed with every meal being of a very high standard.
We spent late Sunday afternoon at the Beach Bar with live music being performed around sunset time. What a great way to relax and watch life go by late in the day. We had a few drinks and snacks and listened to some great live music as we watched the sun set as the waves continued to roll in.
Alila also has a few funky mini buses that guests can use to travel to and from Seminyak Square, the local shopping and restaurant area. A great complimentary shuttle service that makes it easy to carry all you're shopping back to the hotel.
The hotel also has a well-equipped gymnasium with top class facilities. And don't forget the Day Spa that can cater for all your needs whether it be a relaxing massage, facials or body treatments. You will not be disappointed.
What more can we say. Alila Seminyak is a place that we fell in love with and exceeded our expectations. If you are looking for a high quality hotel which is relaxing, private, great views, and friendly staff and has top class food, then Alila Seminyak ticks all the boxes. This is definitely a place that has made a positive impression on us and one that we hope to come back and visit again in the near future.

Room Tip: Room located in the middle out over the adult pool is superb. Seasalt is a great restaurant with a great a la carte seafood selection.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoM3229
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Dear Jo M,

Thank you kindly for the generous compliments given and how delightful it is to hear that your stay experience exceeded your expectations in all aspects. Rest assured that I will pass your compliments to my team whose face will definitely be beaming with pride and joy. You have indeed made our day simply by letting us know that you loved your Deluxe Ocean Suite, the infinity pools, the lively sunset ambiance at Beach Bar, as well as the treatment at Spa Alila.

With regards to your dining experience at SEASALT, would you mind sharing your review on Seasalt Seminyak’s TripAdvisor page?

Jo M, I do hope that the wonderful memories linger forever in your mind and that you will return soon to the resort as we are looking forward to crafting more memorable experience for you and your beloved partner.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

One Word : paradise !

Probably the Best (or Best 3) hotel in Bali .
The room, the staff (probably the Best service I ever had), the food (impressive breakfast buffet), everything was fantastic as always !

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Patrick N

Dear Patrick N,

Thank you genuinely for your positive feedback and I am delighted to hear that you had blissful experience at Alila Seminyak. Nothing can beat the satisfaction of knowing that you enjoyed the room, the breakfast, and the service performed by the team members. Rest assured that we are looking forward for your return. Please do not hesitate to contact me should I can assist you with planning your coming stay.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

Great hotel, with excellent service. Beautiful pools and restaurants. Food was very good, with a huge selection at breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble. Wine was a little on the expensive side. I’d go back.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear R2566Plhelens,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience and for your compliments on our property and facilities, especially the pools and the food prepared passionately by our Chefs. It is such a pleasure to learn that you are returning soon. Should there be anything I can assist you with for your coming stay, please do not hesitate to let me know. All of us are looking forward to crafting more memorable experience for you.