Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
$470
$561
$524
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$179
$146
  • Pool
$586
$257
$246
$209
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$224
Hotels.com
$251
$206
1,538 results
All reviewswild orchidmoonlite barocean suitepool access suiteoutdoor jacuzzithe penthouserooftop restauranttop floordressing roomour honeymoonwatch the sunsetindian oceanocean frontrooms are hugeoverlooking the beachother resortsrose petals
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Anantara understands the needs of international guests, this luxury resort offers the utmost privacy with comfort and bliss. The very best level of personal and attentive service, lavish accommodation. A resort where your every need is pre-empted and your every expectation is met and exceeded.

You'd expect a luxury hotel to have excellent customer service, but the Anantara goes well above the expected. Hospitality is the key to success at this friendly hotel. From a warm personal welcome with the added touch of a drink and cold towel on arrival. This hotel looses no opportunity to make their guests feel at home and appreciated.

We always look for refined goods and services that show true taste and respect. Little touches that go beyond the usual! A room-service menu that accurately describes every dish, no guesswork, no surprises.You know great service when you find it; it feels brilliant and rare, but at the same time completely natural – the way things should be. This resort gets a gold star!

The rooms strike you as lovely as soon as you walk in. High-quality furnishings with no cheap touches such as rickety reading lamps! The hotel is tasteful and distinctive in its choice of room amenities and in-room features. Nothing second-rate or corner-cutting.

The Anantara makes guests feel that they are known and valued. Offering a smile at every encounter. This hotel is unique, it stands out! As guests we all want to know WHO we are coming to stay with, who is going to be looking after us. Personality clearly on show at this resort. We made honest and long lasting relationships.

Upgrades and offers of free meals and massages! Staff wanting to play with your children! Genuinely taking a big interest in your little ones! Excited to see and play with them daily! Huge hearts on show!

Overwhelming resort experience. We booked our return flights the second we left!

Room Tip: All lavish suites provide everything that guests require for a perfect stay in Bali!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jadet32
Clinton L, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Jadet32,

Thank you for your encouraging fantastic review! It's a thrill to know you loved your visit so much to Anantara Seminyak and felt compelled to write such a beautiful and detailed review on Trip-advisor.

We thank you for choosing Anantara Seminyak Bali, for sharing your positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the future for more of the same personal service and authentic hospitality as you've described which we certainly pride ourselves on and our efforts certainly re-doubled now having viewed your encouraging feedback.

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2014!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The picture shown on the hotel website, is not even close to what i experience.

I would like to express my disappointments during my stay at anantara seminyak bali.
I stayed for 4 nights from 26 Dec- 30th Dec 2013. We booked for 2 rooms at rooms 510 and 511.

My first impression of the hotels was very bad. The hotel does not looks like a 5 stars hotel at all

Below is the list of my complaints.

The hotel room:

- Overall interior is very old quality.

- First time arrived to the hotel, we have lighting problem, air condition problem.

- The room is very dirty, lots of dust

- Wood floor panel not in good condition, when we walk , there was a squeaking sound

- Ceiling looks very bad

- At the back of the bed, there is some bad smells.

- Electricity panel, lighting panel not in good condition.

- Sofa’s looks dirty and dusty

- Room overall cleanness was very poor.

- Happens during our stay, the lighting have problem, seems like there was a electricity circuit problems , and happens to us for 3 times during our stay. What happened if one of us got electricity shocked?

- Outdoor Jacuzzi was not in good condition

- Carpets inside the living room very dusty, and dirty. Looks like never been clean.

- Towels have a bad smell

- The room cleaning also not done properly, we know it because we saw it they only bring a small buckets of sheets and towels. Not like other hotels with big trolleys. They don’t even clean the floor. The room cleaning process was very fast, and the result was not satisfaction.

- The hotel guest service people presentation also not so good. Their shoes worn out, and not well presents.

- I asked to get my package that I stored at their kitchen to be brought into my room. Until the next morning is not being delivered.

Other problems:

- The buttons for the elevator to go down cannot be press, we told the hotel staff, and their responds is just used other elevators without even saying sorry and will be fix straight away.

- Inside the elevator , the buttons was upside down.

Hotel breakfast:

- The food was so ordinary for a five star hotel.

- No variety

- During my stay for 4 nights, almost 95 % is the same food. And food taste is not good .

- We order the ala carte menu, fried kway teow is not well present, its broken into small pieces. And we changed to frice rice, its very disappointing, price is so expensive, and no single meat in the rice. Unbelievable . its basically the same fried rice as the buffet menu, no meat, instead only the ala carte menu is fresh cook ( warm).

- Price of the Food is not value for money with the taste and quality of the food.

- To be honest the quality and variety of food is not as the standard of 5 stars hotel. Even a 3 stars hotel like Haven hotel in seminyak is better.

My overall satisfaction during my stay is not even close to 50% , due to many

complaints with the hotels. I cannot see how this hotel can be a 5 stars hotel.

There is none that we as family feel amazing about this hotel. We have extremely bad experience with the amount we paid, compared to the overall quality of the hotel. Nothing is memorable from this hotel.

With the same amount of money, I can get a stay at the suite in hotel mulia. Which the over all service is like 10 times much better than I get from anantara seminyak.

I have raise a complaints to the staffs in the hotel , they note down all of my above experienced and complaints , they promise to take serious actions ASAP. But until now they have not even contacting us regarding this matter. I am extremely disappointed. If you think I’m exaggerating regarding my comments, please do experience yourself and let me know what you think.

I have stayed in other anantara hotel in thailands, and maldives, and anantara seminyak is not even close to what i experienced before.

This is my first time raising so much complain to a hotel during my stay.

I will not come back to this hotel at all.

I hope the hotel can do take serious changes.

Thanks

Aris

Room Tip: Cannot recommend anything. Very unsatisfied
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank aristiandy

Dear Aristandy,

Thank you for your review.

Further to our various conversations at the hotel during your stay, mindful of your emails and survey responses together now with your Trip Advisor review - we the management at Anantara Seminyak have well received your comments and clearly understand your frustrations. Please be assured we remain very concerned about your negative experience during your visit.

Please accept our heartfelt apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Moreover please accept our apologies for apparently being unable to effectively address any your concerns despite our best efforts to do so during your stay and discussing your expectations early-on.

We would appreciate an opportunity to welcome you back and attempt to meet your expectations once again as I'm confident our team and property still can deliver a hospitality experience "par excellence" and as you expect. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to return so I can try to arrange a little something special next time to start things off the right way.

Best wishes for 2014

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Just got in and welcomed by friendly staffs of the hotel and amazed by the room setup which is very cozy and huge.

The food here are also amazing, especially the pork belly is just perfect.

Thank you Sebastian Suanda for bringing me down here as well as recommending the meals.

All in all, i would say that this place is one of the best place to relax in bali but not far from the happening areas of Seminyak.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Clinton L, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Lucy-ang,

Thank you for your review, we are thrilled you overall enjoyed your stay at Anantara Seminyak. We were a little surprised you felt the room was slightly small at 85 sqm but we've noted your comments about the door slam and will carefully look at your room as we've installed heavy duty door closers to deal with the direct ocean breezes but perhaps that one needs replacing. Thank you for tor bringing this to our attention.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Anantara in the future!

With best regards

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore was a stunning backdrop to our room. The unfortunate thing was the seals in the hotel were very poor and the front door would slam unexpectedly when you were trying to open/close it (even with the balcony door closed) this was extremely dangerous as even with careful consideration the sheer force of the wind slammed my hand in the door. Apart from that, the room was small, but very nice, we had suite and the amenities were suitable. The restaurant had reasonable food, although the buffet option was very average. All of the staff were absolutely incredible to deal with and it was a pleasure on every occasion communicating with them.

Room Tip: The beach facing rooms are where you should ultimately stay, they are a little more expensive but because of the spectacular views it is definitely worth paying the money to stay there.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton L, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Lucy-ang,

Thank you for your review, we are thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay. We've noted your comments about the breakfast which is mostly an unlimited A-la-Carte breakfast offer inline with our boutique style and a small continental and Indonesian buffet section to support the a-la-carte choices. We'll take this opportunity to re-visit our offer to see if we can improve the breakfast experience as you suggest, thank you for your suggestion.

Thank you again and best wishes for the new year!

With warmest regards

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was fortunate to enjoy a brief stay at Anantara Seminyak. Terrific position and I could not have been better looked after by the staff. The spa in particular was a real treat, I was not feeling very well at the time with a chest infection and they took the time to adjust the room temperature prior to the treatment and really looked after me. Totally spoiled.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear TimBrisbane2013,

It was a pleasure to meet you during your visit - thank you for choosing Anantara and sharing your experience. We are delighted to learn you took full advantage of the beautiful Anantara Spa services during your visit and we are thrilled it met your expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your experiences with the Spa team which will surely motivate them even more.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Regards